PDA

View Full Version : Internet access?

Duck44
05-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Is there anywhere in Disneyland, California Adven, or Downtown Disney that has an internet cafe? I will be looking for a whole computer setup and not just WI-FI. The girlfriend needs to register for college classes on Friday. It would kill me to spend 2 hours walking around trying to find computer access.
2 more days!!

Thanks.....great site!

bradk
05-03-2006, 08:59 AM
i'm sure someone will give you a better answer, but last time I was there, there's a convenience shop at the Tropicana Inn across the street on Harbor which rents internet time.

Darkbeer
05-03-2006, 09:11 AM
Both the Disneyland Hotel and the Grand Californian Hotel have business centers.

The GCH one is open during the day only, and is located very close to the Downtown Disney entrance.

Opus1guy
05-03-2006, 11:32 AM
Both the Disneyland Hotel and the Grand Californian Hotel have business centers.

Yep. And as of a couple of months ago, the Disneyland Resort hotel Business Centers charged $6 for 30 minutes of computer w/internet usage.

But if all you're going to do is check-in online for your return flights and print your Boarding Passes...they allow that for free.

kimmybear
05-03-2006, 01:39 PM
along the line of internet access, if you've got the laptop, what kind of cables/cords do you need? i heard they have wireless in some common areas, but does anyone know what it is in the rooms of the DLH and PPH? thanks!:D

Darkbeer
05-03-2006, 01:48 PM
along the line of internet access, if you've got the laptop, what kind of cables/cords do you need? i heard they have wireless in some common areas, but does anyone know what it is in the rooms of the DLH and PPH? thanks!:D

The common areas have wireless, but the rooms have wired access, and each room should have a short (about 6 foot) standard network cable, usually in the desk drawer near the modem. (You know, the one that looks like a phone cord, but has a larger plug on each end). If one is missing, contacting the front desk should result in a cord being sent to you

I always carry a 25 foot version (I get mine at Fry's, but any computer store has them at a decent price), that way I can set up in a different location (seems like most hotels don't think you would want to watch TV and use the computer at the same time:rolleyes: , plus if the cord is missing, no need to wait for a replacement. Light weight and easy to carry (I also bring a telephone cord just in case the network is down).

kimmybear
05-03-2006, 02:11 PM
The common areas have wireless, but the rooms have wired access, and each room should have a short (about 6 foot) standard network cable, usually in the desk drawer near the modem. (You know, the one that looks like a phone cord, but has a larger plug on each end). If one is missing, contacting the front desk should result in a cord being sent to you

I always carry a 25 foot version (I get mine at Fry's, but any computer store has them at a decent price), that way I can set up in a different location (seems like most hotels don't think you would want to watch TV and use the computer at the same time:rolleyes: , plus if the cord is missing, no need to wait for a replacement. Light weight and easy to carry (I also bring a telephone cord just in case the network is down).

this cable you speak of, i'm assuming it's an ethernet cable? i have one of those, also 25ft, but i don't think i want to drag all 25ft of it onto a plane... :( so the one they provide should work well. but really, they should think about investing in longer cables so people can watch tv... i know we're not hte only ones who do that. :D thanks!