PDA

View Full Version : WDW Park Entrance Is Much Faster!

Pages : [1] 2

Doug
05-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Instead of having 1 castmember per turnstyle, they might hav e 1 for 4, YOU insert your ticket, and put your finbers in a scanner (probably scans the blood vessels), it's much faster .... why is DLR so behind the times on this?

RickW
05-03-2006, 08:51 AM
If you don't have a bag, you can enter past a security guard without going through bag check.

bradk
05-03-2006, 08:57 AM
i think it's supposed to be 1 for 2 (a line on each side), WDW does that a lot. there's 1 CM for 2 lines of bag checks (each side) and CS locations go back and forth between sides. the fun part is when everyone lines up on one side and doesn't realize the second side exists, so you can just jump on the second side and get right through and the CMs don't care how long the other people were waiting.

the biometrics at WDW is relatively new. word was if it went well enough at WDW, it would show up at DLR eventually. right now they're working on the system so it can scan any particular body part so those that cannot use their fingers can still use the system (as it is, guest relations can disable the biometrics requirement for anyone who can't use it).

HorizonsA
05-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Instead of having 1 castmember per turnstyle, they might hav e 1 for 4, YOU insert your ticket, and put your finbers in a scanner (probably scans the blood vessels), it's much faster .... why is DLR so behind the times on this?

Oh geez, another Disneyland bashing thread from you. Let me guess, are you never going to come through the entrance here again, too? Why don't you just live over there if you're just going to complain about everything Disneyland does wrong. Disneyland never said it was perfect, so why are you expecting it to be?

nursemelis374
05-03-2006, 09:08 AM
I don't think it is bashing. I would agree with Doug that park entry is much easier at WDW, even with people having problems with the biometrics thing. The exception is at Epcot, where the placement of the bag check creates problems.

As frequent DL visitors, we have noticed faster entry at WDW on both of our trips.

Don't even get me started on having a line open for people without bags to check!

Doug
05-03-2006, 10:04 AM
I could care less about the secutiry check points (I ALWAYS have my camera bag, so..), it's the easier gate entry at WDW, not DLR bashing, I'll be back in the park on May 9th .... I just see some places that are always an annoyance at DLR (how many times have you have to stand in a very long line to go throgh the gate?), at WDW lines never get to be too long, and even if they do, they go through quickly....

Also, I noticed after the 1st couple of times going through the gates at WDW, I did not have to put my fingers all the way into the scanners .... my pass would get kicked out before I could get my fingers in half way... interesting, eh?

Lani
05-03-2006, 10:11 AM
I don't think it is bashing.I don't think it's bashing, either.

I think it makes NO sense that the security gate at the Disneyland Esplanade still doesn't have a "no bags" express line. And I also don't understand why they did away with the re-entry gate.

AVP
05-03-2006, 10:27 AM
OK, is there some reason that we need Yet Another Thread telling us how behind the times Disneyland is? Seriously, we get it - WDW is a far superior park, and we poor saps who are stuck with the Anaheim version have no idea what we're missing. Sheesh. Our Tower of Terror sucks, our entrance queue is a joke, and Florida has Boma. Fine, we suck, you win, end of story.

Oh, wait - except that I've BEEN to WDW (and Paris, and Tokyo), and WDW has a few things they could learn from the rest of the Disney world too. Every park has it's positives and negatives, but I don't know why we need an individual thread to itemize each one of them.

AVP

HorizonsA
05-03-2006, 10:38 AM
I don't think it's bashing, either.

I think it makes NO sense that the security gate at the Disneyland Esplanade still doesn't have a "no bags" express line. And I also don't understand why they did away with the re-entry gate.

Because with people park-hoppig all the time, the re-entry line would be just as lon as the main entry line.

Lani
05-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Because with people park-hoppig all the time, the re-entry line would be just as lon as the main entry line.I think it's called "adjusting throughout the day" and it's something they do for all entry gates anyway.

cstephens
05-03-2006, 10:43 AM
I'm a little confused though. Now, granted, I've only been to Orlando once, but I could swear that there was more than one Disney theme park there. I don't understand the whole "WDW park entrance" thing. Is there actually a park entrance to WDW? How does that work? Is there a dome that you have to enter into? Is the entrance when you land in Orlando?

We have Toad. (OK, they have Country Bears.)
We have a better Space Mountain (no moving sidewalk of death at the end).
We have Matterhorn.
We have Indy that's a ride.
We have a far superior Small World. (OK, they have a superior Splash Mountain.)
Our Mickey in Fantasmic actually vanquishes the dragon, not just waving some stupid wand at it, hoping it'll melt in the watery mist like the Wicked Witch of the East.

WE WIN!!!!! :~D :~D :~D :~D

Doug
05-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Re-Entry Line? When Did They Have This?

Doug
05-03-2006, 12:01 PM
AVP, why do tense? I am just sharing my experiences/opinions with my fellow brothers/sisters in Disney ... ok?

And yes, if all the parks where identical: a) it would be crazy expensive to do so, b) we would not no good reason to go to the other parks...

Anyone notice that DLR says "happiest place on earth" and WDW says "happiest celebration on earth"?

OK, is there some reason that we need Yet Another Thread telling us how behind the times Disneyland is? Seriously, we get it - WDW is a far superior park, and we poor saps who are stuck with the Anaheim version have no idea what we're missing. Sheesh. Our Tower of Terror sucks, our entrance queue is a joke, and Florida has Boma. Fine, we suck, you win, end of story.

Oh, wait - except that I've BEEN to WDW (and Paris, and Tokyo), and WDW has a few things they could learn from the rest of the Disney world too. Every park has it's positives and negatives, but I don't know why we need an individual thread to itemize each one of them.

AVP

Vegitabeta
05-03-2006, 12:05 PM
OK, is there some reason that we need Yet Another Thread telling us how behind the times Disneyland is? Seriously, we get it - WDW is a far superior park, and we poor saps who are stuck with the Anaheim version have no idea what we're missing.
AVP

Or you could just be happy that you are 'stuck with' a Disney park at all:mad:...Seriously, the poster was just mentioning his opinion...

nursemelis374
05-03-2006, 12:37 PM
I think we (myself included) get sensitive when it comes to others saying things about our precious homepark of Disneyland. I have been to WDW and I will say that it is my favorite vacation destination right now, but nothing beats being at Disneyland, and not just because of the rides. For me it is all the memories I have there: The goosebumps when walking through the castle; remembering going there with my family as a suprise one Easter; the Mouse Adventures that have been there (along with the total shock of winning once); meeting new friends on a boards because of our joint love for Disneyland; the look on my 75 year old grandfather's face after he got off Indy, which he rode only because I told him it wasn't that bad; the first time I felt the snow on Main Street and actually cried; the first time I saw Remember with my 2 best friends and I heard Walt's voice and was so emotional I was speachless; being in front of the castle to welcome in 2005; my 8 year old cousin proclaiming that DL was even better than Kohl's (her favorite place) after her visit, I could go on forever.

These are the things that make DLR special for us.

AVP
05-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Seriously, the poster was just mentioning his opinion...Repeatedly. Over and over and over and over again. With separate threads for each instance where Disneyland fails to live up to his standards.

I'm actually not so much annoyed by the content (I learned to stay out of DLR vs. WDW wars a loooong time ago) as by the number of individual threads devoted to this theme. If you want to compare the parks, go for it. But wouldn't a single WDW vs. Disneyland thread be more productive, since you could post all your gripes in one place without having to start a new thread for each? And take up less space on the landing page of the Disneyland and/or WDW forum?

AVP

hg0079
05-03-2006, 02:37 PM
AVP your right, but most message boards on any topic have numerous repeat threads, if anything Mousepad is amazing in the control of this.....

Jumping on someone for a duplicate thread is not ok, actually I find it to be an interesting comparison.

Doug
05-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Wow! 75? How did he like it??

Snow? The bubles? I think i experienced that in front of the castle one night, they cancelled the fireworks and started the bubles :)

"DL was even better than Kohl's"? How could Disneyland not be better than a clothing store? Odd comparison if you ask me :>, but, hey, I'm a guy :>

the look on my 75 year old grandfather's face after he got off Indy, which he rode only because I told him it wasn't that bad; the first time I felt the snow on Main Street and actually cried; the first time I saw Remember with my 2 best friends and I heard Walt's voice and was so emotional I was speachless; being in front of the castle to welcome in 2005; my 8 year old cousin proclaiming that DL was even better than Kohl's (her favorite place) after her visit, I could go on forever.

These are the things that make DLR special for us.

Doug
05-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Wow... I thought I was being well restrained... I could go on and on about my WDW trip... and I have yet to go through all my pics, and setup a web page... I have some good pics from "The World" ... funny note, most of the time I was in WDW, me and my friend kept saying "Disneyland" when referring to MK, and now find ourselfs saying "Disney World" when referring to Disneyland! >:)

Repeatedly. Over and over and over and over again. With separate threads for each instance where Disneyland fails to live up to his standards.

I'm actually not so much annoyed by the content (I learned to stay out of DLR vs. WDW wars a loooong time ago) as by the number of individual threads devoted to this theme. If you want to compare the parks, go for it. But wouldn't a single WDW vs. Disneyland thread be more productive, since you could post all your gripes in one place without having to start a new thread for each? And take up less space on the landing page of the Disneyland and/or WDW forum?

AVP

cstephens
05-03-2006, 05:02 PM
Wow... I thought I was being well restrained... I could go on and on about my WDW trip...

Feel free to go on and on about your WDW trip. I would request that you proceed with such goings on in one thread and not spread over multiple threads that more or less are all about the same thing. Kinda like flowers and change and stuff...

I for one appreciate MP's attempts to consolidate threads. I find it annoying on other discussion forums when there are multiple threads about the exact same thing, whether it's a ride or a show. This is especially prevalent when something new comes out. I know that I will look forward to only having one thread to read and comment in when Pirates reopens whereas I will have to wade through multiple threads on other boards since each new person to go on the ride will feel the need to start a brand new thread rather than just contributing to the existing one.

chrisaustx
05-03-2006, 07:42 PM
I am glad the DLR does not have the biometrics system, this is an invasion of privacy and with employees stealing data and with databases being broken into, who knows where your finger prints will end up at. Both DLR and Walt Disney World are at risk for terror attack, dirty bomb attack and I.E.D. attack, with the recent incident at Disneyland with the Indiana Jones fake bomb threat, security should be better. I would get rid of the biometrics system and instead install bomb sniffing metal detectors, some airports have these already. When a guest enters the park, a bomb sniffer and metal detector combination unit will sniff and check them. Hopefully the biometrics will go away and something better like the bomb sniffer will come along. I know the DLR does have radiation detectors looking for a dirty bomb, I have seen some deployed last summer.

HorizonsA
05-03-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm all for the metal detectors, they have them at Six Flags Magic Mountain and it's really effective. However, it would create longer lines to get into the esplanade and Doug would complain even more.

Drince88
05-03-2006, 07:57 PM
FYI the biometrics they use at WDW are NOT the same as fingerprints.

bradk
05-03-2006, 09:37 PM
the only purpose the biometrics serves is to prevent people from transferring tickets. considering you can pay for a ticket in cash and they don't ask your name, do you honestly think the system scans in a fingerprint and matches it up with some underground hush hush database that secretly tracks your every move?

it doesn't record a fingerprint. it actually doesn't even read fingerprints. it uses mathematical formulas to determine a semi-unique checksum which is first recorded to the ticket and then subsequently checked against the ticket. it's very possible (but not likely) for 2 people to have the same encoded information.

the security lines aren't for detecting guns or bombs either. it's to prevent you from brining contraband (glass items for one) into the parks. it's far from truly being secure.

and six flags needs their metal detectors with all due respect. the same crowd doesn't quite make it into disney parks typically. and what's worse is i once had a container with metal components that kept triggering the metal detector at six flags great adventure and all i did was show the case to the guy and he let me through. he never even bothered to check what was in it.

DisneyDustin22
05-03-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm sorry but the bricks at the entrance to DL just plain SUCK! WDW has better bricks in their ground. I think it's about time we start laying new bricks in the ground. GOSH! :rolleyes:

NEW BRICKS!!!!