PDA

View Full Version : Lilly Belle Coach

LadyDisneyland
05-03-2006, 08:24 AM
If you would like to see some pictures of the inside of the Lilly Belle coach, please click here. http://www.ladydisneyland.com/LBcollage.jpg We got to ride in it (twice!) on Sunday thanks to a long-time CM friend. What we have been told is that Disney doesn't want to make this available to the general public because as you can see from the pictures, it's carpeted, red velvet seats and lovely furnishings (most of which are glued down). Can you imagine people bringing babies, strollers, children, food, spilling, general yuck all over this beautiful car? That is why they decided to charge for it and only 10 people at a time. They only do this if they have an extra cast member working, so I think you have to call ahead of time to make a reservation. We were told you could purchase a ride on her and I believe an earlier message posting explains the cost and requirements.

andypullen
05-03-2006, 04:21 PM
How do you get into the Lilly Belle train car? Would this be a good place to propose, for someone who wants a more private, intimate, and really memorable engagement? Thanks!

Rhiannon8404
05-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Wow! It sure is pretty on the inside. I can't wait to see it.

Dexter
05-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Last I read (it has been a while, but I don't think it's changed.) The Lillie Belle was restricted to Club 33 members only. I've heard rumors that they "may" begin charging to ride in it, but it's just a rumor I read somewhere.

If you really want suggestions on a good place to propose there are multiple threads regarding it.

This thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=51920) points to many of those threads to give you ideas.

kisroo
05-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pics.

~kisroo:)

bradk
05-03-2006, 09:31 PM
How do you get into the Lilly Belle train car? Would this be a good place to propose, for someone who wants a more private, intimate, and really memorable engagement? Thanks!

as recently discussed on here, people have been able to 'visit' it (not ride) by begging tour guides. a CM can assist you and evidently allow you to ride it around the circuit if you're lucky (or if you know them) or you can book yourself a VIP tour for a trip around DL.

LadyDisneyland
05-04-2006, 07:56 AM

Hi. Well, a CM *might* let you get on it real quick, propose and then get off before the train has to leave the station. Or perhaps you can beg a ride around because it's a wedding proposal. Or book the 4 hour VIP tour but then you might be with total strangers, but that could be cool, too.

A cute idea for a proposal that my friend just had happen for her is that her fiance went into DCA to the "Off The Page" shop where they will draw your favorite character and frame it for you (for a fee, of course!) so he had the CM draw his favorite Disney character, which was Cheshire Cat, and then under Cheshire was printed in Walt Disney's handwriting "Will You Marry Me?" He then gave it to her, not at DLR but at the airport when he had to go out of town. I thought that was a cute idea, it's memorable and special. Anyway, it's just a thought. :)

LadyDisneyland
05-04-2006, 07:59 AM
There are several special things to do at DLR, like riding the Lilly Belle, that you only get to do if you know what to do and who to ask. The problem is these things aren't widely known because the CMs will always say "When too many people want to do this, we won't be able to do it anymore". So information stays guarded, unfortunately. :( I'm sure the same is true of WDW.

bradk
05-04-2006, 08:01 AM
the VIP tour is private, n'est-ce pas? it's your group alone. those extra things are what i'm going to try to attack this time around (in addition to everything else). i know about piloting the mark twain (as i've done it before) and riding with the engineer (?) (please don't hurt me, steve!) on certain trains. hopefully my guide will be pushed to the extremes when it comes to finding me stuff to do.

LadyDisneyland
05-04-2006, 08:07 AM
the VIP tour is private, n'est-ce pas? it's your group alone.

You may be quite right. I've never investigated the VIP tour because I know more and have been to more backstage areas of DLR than most people. The VIP tour can't tell me or take me anywhere I haven't already been. :) I do know that the WIWFootsteps tour is a group of strangers. :D

CrazyTrain
05-05-2006, 11:02 AM
What? They're CHARGING to ride her now??

carolyn
05-05-2006, 11:25 AM
My friend and I rode in the Lilly Belle many years ago when it was decorated for Christmas. And we didn't even ask! A CM offered and we accepted. :)

Rhiannon8404
05-05-2006, 11:28 AM
What? They're CHARGING to ride her now??
I think it's something you get to do when you pay for the VIP tour.

CrazyTrain
05-05-2006, 01:32 PM
I think it's something you get to do when you pay for the VIP tour.

Ok, that would make sense.
I thought that they were charging just to ride it :)