PDA

View Full Version : May 2nd Photo update - Lots of new stuff

Darkbeer
05-03-2006, 08:05 AM
While at the park due to the 2 Billionth ceremony, dceided to take an hour and check out what has been changed.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1424127

Phase II of the Club Buzz construction, this time the North side is behind refurb walls

Disneyland Railroad gets new warning signs

A few low-light shots inside the Haunted Mansion (a few new props have shown up)

The Sailing Ship Columbia is in Dry Dock

The Main Street Rededication Ceremony

Lots of activity in the Sub Lagoon

And of course.... Ducks!:fez:

And for those who want to check out the 2 Billionth Ceremony, those photos are in a seperate album, which can be found here...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1421698

ENJOY!

hlbtimes2
05-03-2006, 09:36 AM
The Columbia is in dry dock? Does that mean they aren't using it in F!? We'll be there this weekend. My two friends have not seen the show and are planning on watching Saturday night.

twist1980
05-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Great pictures once again! I also loved your 2 billionth guest album! It was great to see pictures of the girl and her family!

Thanks!:)

jennia
05-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Great pics!!!! We haven't been able to visit in a while but we need to get going before the summer crowds are in full force!!! Thanks for all the pics you share !!

kimmybear
05-03-2006, 01:36 PM
great photos! :D
just wondering, is the rededication ceremony a one time thing or do they have it everyday? and what time is it? thanks!!! :D

bradk
05-03-2006, 01:38 PM
the rededication ceremony is every day. schedules will vary with season. i believe i was told this week (at least) is once every weekday at 10:30 am, 10:00 am each day on weekends. although i'm saying that from memory so i could have confused things. check the entertainment guide or with city hall for more information.

chrisaustx
05-03-2006, 01:43 PM
The Columbia is in dry dock? Does that mean they aren't using it in F!? We'll be there this weekend. My two friends have not seen the show and are planning on watching Saturday night.
The Columbia is in bad shape, I was on it last weekend. The wood is rotting, the finish wore off the floors and there are chips and wood coming off everywhere. It was just rehab'd completley less than two years ago, but its now falling apart again sadly. I am glad someone at Team Disney Anaheim noticed how bad the Columbia is looking and is trying ot fix it up again.

hlbtimes2
05-03-2006, 02:38 PM
The Columbia is in bad shape, I was on it last weekend. The wood is rotting, the finish wore off the floors and there are chips and wood coming off everywhere. It was just rehab'd completley less than two years ago, but its now falling apart again sadly. I am glad someone at Team Disney Anaheim noticed how bad the Columbia is looking and is trying ot fix it up again.

I realize things need to have refurbs now and then. There is always something being worked on, its not a big deal. But, selfishly, I would love to see F! complete with pirates and the Columbia. :D

Darkbeer
05-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Fantasmic! operating rules state that if the Columbia is not available, then the show is not to be performed.

The Columbia can be towed if necessary, but it must be part of the show.

The Mark Twain is not neccessary for the show as there is a viable alternative (using the main stage for the Characters to come out for the Finale.)

I presume the Dry Dock will be filled with water on Friday Morning.

If they are working on the lower decks, they can just keep the Columbia in the dock during the day, and then just use the upped decks for the show in the evening. Monday morning, they can replace the dam and re-drain the water. It is fairly easy to do, and only takes a few hours.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Great pictures as always. It was nice to see the rededication ceremony shots. I hadn't seen that before. I always enjoy seeing the characters. THANKS for sharing your photos and your insight. I am so envious of you being able to stop by the park for an hour!