PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pier Concierge?

kohl
05-02-2006, 06:42 PM
We are thinking about staying concierge at the Paradise Pier this August.
I was wondering if anyone who has stayed ther could tell us about it. What kind of food they have and the hours that they have the food. Can you see the fireworks from the lounge?
Thanks!

Andrew
05-02-2006, 06:46 PM
This recent MousePlanet article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm060228ar) and follow-up (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mb060406sw) should be of some help.

hlbtimes2
05-03-2006, 07:46 AM
We stayed there in Oct. Brianna (who sometimes works the front desk and sometimes the conc. lounge) is WONDERFUL. She has a knack for overhearing things, and getting you what you need. One morning my FIL was talking about needing a health food store. Before we could get up from our table she was handing us a list of ones close by, with mapquest directions and offered to call him a cab. One day we called her from the park and asked for PS at Carnation cafe for breakfast. She got us all set for about 45 minutes later. When we arrived the standby line was about 30-45 minutes long. Overall, we didnt use their services as much as we could have.

The articles Andrew pointed you to should answer your other questions. Let me know if you need more info.

kohl
05-03-2006, 09:24 AM
I was wondering what kind of food they offer for breakfast, snacks and do they serve anything else during the wine and cheese hour? Do they serve desserts like they do at GCH concierge? Can you see the fireworks from there?

hlbtimes2
05-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Fireworks can be seen from the pool deck. Music is piped in.

Breakfast: Cereal, pastries, bagels, fruit, might have been yogurt (not positive on that). It was pretty simple- nothing hot.

I only went to the wine and beer thing one night- they had hot appitizers in a crock pot type thing. They were little pastries filled with meat. They offered cheese, dried fruit and crackers as well as the beer and wine. My FIL went 3-4 nights. The hot offering was always different- somenights better then others. Mini burgers, meatballs, etc.

During the day they have big chocolate chip cookies most of the time. Smuckers peanut better sandwiches, chips and fresh fruit. There was also coke, diet coke, sprite, juice boxes and bottled water. They ask that you limit drinks to two per person, per visit to the lounge. We would usually take our two- one for the fridge and one to take the other parks.

We honestly didnt spend that much time at the hotel. We foolishly thought we would spend more time there if we stayed onsite. We should have known better. We are die hards. Up early, and spend the entire day at the parks. We are bad parents and push our kids, and they seem to love it. They alway ask to go back. LOL

kohl
05-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Our kids are 8 and 10 and we usually spend all day in the parks also.
We just thought since we were going in the summer that we will want a break from the crowds. We usually go off season so it isn't that busy.

hlbtimes2
05-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Oh, hours, I didnt touch that at all. The morning hours were fine. I think they opened at 6 or 6:30. So, we had time to eat before going to the parks. They close at about 9 or maybe 10 at night. We never made it back that early in the evening. The one night that we did the beer and wine hour, we just called it dinner. The kids were fine with that. Then we had snacks when we watched the fireworks.

kohl
05-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks for all your info. I can see how when you are there for the wine and cheese that, that could easily be a light dinner, then have a BIG dessert!:D