PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin and Jasmine storytelling suspended?

cstephens
05-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Another website is reporting that the Aladdin and Jasmine storytelling at DL has been suspended, but there's no information about exactly where the info is coming from or the reason for it. Just wondering if any MP people have heard this and can confirm or deny. Thanks.

Disnerd
05-03-2006, 05:37 AM
This weeks Cast Member Reference Guide shows the show dark Monday to Thursday which is the period the guide covers. I've heard that the area is under going a referb.

Wendi
05-03-2006, 05:46 AM
This weeks Cast Member Reference Guide shows the show dark Monday to Thursday which is the period the guide covers. I've heard that the area is under going a referb.

Let's all send a telepathic message now... "Tahitian Terrace"

I've never done the Aladdin and Jasmine Storytime and I'd like the chance to see it just once. Every time we go it ends up being closed even if it isn't supposed to be.

Niwel
05-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Let's all send a telepathic message now... "Tahitian Terrace"

I thought the same thing. Or better yet -- why not an Adventurer's Club (a la WDW) IN THE PARK!?!

Disnerd
05-04-2006, 10:33 PM
I just got the new copy of The Disneyland Resort Cast Member Reference Guide. This is on page 7 under the heading of Entertainment Update.

Please be advised that Aladdin & Jasmine's Story Tale Adventures has closed for an indefinite period of time. Future plans for this venue have not yet been determined.

Now on the first page under refurbihments/closures it shows Aladdin's Oasis reopen on August 1st. This may just be a place holder date.

And here I heard they were going dark to do some upgrades to meet new fire codes.

acpalmer
05-05-2006, 05:26 AM
This is disappointing, I think my kids would have really enjoyed this. Oh well, frees up some time for other things, I guess.

Andrew
05-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Sad, but the story changes last year were unfortunate and when the last of the original cast left it was probably time for the show to go. Hopefully the Oasis will become something useful and not just another character meet-and-greet location.

Disnerd
05-05-2006, 09:55 AM
As of yesterday Jasmine was standing out front signing autographs.

cstephens
05-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Sad, but the story changes last year were unfortunate

?

Another Dimension
05-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Suspended makes it sound like Aladdin, Jasmine, Kazoo and Jafar ditched school too many times.
Doesn't Disney put shows on hiatus, right before they die a slow death and then they are eventually cancelled? :rolleyes:

Please be advised that Aladdin & Jasmine's Story Tale Adventures has closed for an indefinite period of time. Future plans for this venue have not yet been determined.

Now on the first page under refurbihments/closures it shows Aladdin's Oasis reopen on August 1st. This may just be a place holder date.

And here I heard they were going dark to do some upgrades to meet new fire codes.

I hope something good replaces the Aladdin & Jasmine Storytelling if it has to... I would hate for Disneyland to lose that cool little theater & awesome stage hidden in that beautiful Oasis.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
05-06-2006, 02:05 PM
It's funny for every time we have been to DL my daughter has never even noticed Aladdin's Oasis. Until Wednesday, she asked what is was, noticed the Aladdin and Jasmine names and asked when they would be open. Told her, well, not anytime soon. She just asked me today if they would be open when we go back on sunday.

leota's necklace
05-07-2006, 11:25 AM
I hope something good replaces the Aladdin & Jasmine Storytelling if it has to... I would hate for Disneyland to lose that cool little theater & awesome stage hidden in that beautiful Oasis.

I agree. It's a real hidden gem back there. I nearly killed myself snapping pics of the gorgeous trappings when we went. So cool and quiet!