PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I need some advice.

hairboy079
04-20-2002, 09:04 AM
[U][COLOR=skyblue] Hey there, MousePad. I'm new to the board. I'm a 13 yr. old and am trying to plan a trip to disneyland for my family. my sister is 8 and my brother is 2. i need some advice on how to tour disneyland park. DCA is no problem. I have been told the easiest way is to start in Adventureland and then move counter clockwise. if anyone has any advice you could give me on this i would greatly appreciate it, and you may see more questions about how to make a great vacation from me! Thank you!:cool:

MouseWife
04-20-2002, 09:25 AM
Wow, I commend you for taking on such a task!!!

Well. I guess it depends if your group wants to ride the things in Fantasyland or not.

My kids are now 16, 14, and 7. So, for many years we split up. The bigger ones went with their dad over to Indiana Jones first, then to Splash mountain. Meanwhile, I would take the little one to Fantasyland and ride Dumbo, Peter Pan,the Carousel, all of the rides, really. No lines right off the bat {at least compared to later}.

When we were done, and, the lines would decide really what happened next. Either we would walk over and meet them by Pirates or they would be done and meet us in Fantasyland.

If it is Fantasyland, then we continue on with Teacups, Alice, and then Matterhorn. {again usually the group splits up}.

Now, you have to be willing to split up. Time is so important those very first couple of hours. You can accomplish so much. And, all can be happy.

Maybe what would be a good starter, ask your folks and your siblings exactly what they expect out of their visit. Then, you can sort of map it.

At first, we didn't want to split up. It is, after all, a family trip. But, then either the big kids were stuck on kiddie rides or the little one was stuck on nothing as he would be too small.

Good luck and have fun!

hairboy079
04-20-2002, 10:26 AM
Thanks very much. I have always wanted to be included in making vacation plans, and these tips are great!!!! I'll talk to the family, and thank you very much!

hairboy079
04-20-2002, 10:42 AM
One more thing for this... My family is definitely not the most financially stable family in america so I was wondering if anyone had any special money saving tips or sites or places you know of where you can find tips and discounts... Thanks again!

downingfamily1
04-20-2002, 12:57 PM
Try Mousesavers.com there are usually some good tips on there. Also, try to plan your vacation in the off season rather than summer or really close to a holiday. We went in early December and they were doing a deal where we got one night free and one kid was free with each paying adult. To save money on food and souvenirs and possibly a package deal check out the Disney club at the disney website. You have to pay to get it but sometimes they offer some pretty good deals. Good luck, I hope everything works out for you.

MouseWife
04-20-2002, 04:01 PM
Yep, like downingfamily1 said, off season is best.

Rates are lower and crowds are smaller. I know that the hours are less but if you go during the week {best time!!!} the crowds are smaller and you ride more than when it is crowded.

Also, there are a lot of rides closed down right now and I am not sure how long that will last.

And, light rain can be your friend. Just either bring or buy rain ponchos {more likely buy in case you don't need them} and you are set.

I know that it would be hard though to want to go now in the summer and decide to put it off until say, December {before the 15th, I believe}.

Watch the calendar, make sure you don't go during a holiday, BIG mistake. And a holiday can be any time the kids get off of school. And one more tip, the basic AP's have a lot of Saturdays blacked out. {you can check that on the Disney site under AP's.}
This is of matter because that will cut down on the people being there.

corrinhorn
04-20-2002, 06:58 PM
Along with that, if you call (714) 781-4565, you can get an automated operator, which will give you a lot of information, including, I believe, Attracion Closures (I just checked, and when you dial the number, press 1 which will give you Disneyland, and the wait a second and press 5 for attrctions closures). Also, if you have specific questions, dial (714) 781-7290 (8a.m. - 7p.m. Pacific time) for a live operator. However, if you live a long way away, you migt want to use the website as MouseWife and downingfamily1 suggested.

Once again, have a great trip...:D

Morrigoon
04-20-2002, 08:14 PM
For crowds, you can't beat a rainy Tuesday in February :D

Another money-saving tip is limit your snacking. Save your dollars for full-size meals. Those churros add up quickly. (I'm not saying don't have a churro, but do it like once on the trip) Think about this: a slice of cheese pizza from Pizza Port is less than the cost of 2 churros, and will fill you up better.

MonorailMan
04-21-2002, 05:56 AM
BTW, post some info about yorself in the lounge. ;)

hairboy079
04-21-2002, 07:02 AM
THANKS ALL OF YOU, THIS WILL REALLY HELP!