PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight procession [tickets needed]?

animalx
05-01-2006, 07:50 PM
I'm going at the start of December. Does your normal Disneyland ticket get you into the procession or do you need a special seperate ticket to get in?

dsnyredhead
05-01-2006, 08:02 PM
If they continue to have it on Main Street, you can see it from there without a special ticket. Last year they had a "seated" section that required a special ticket which consisted of a dinner package at one of the restaurants.

If it returns to the theatre, you will likely need to get a processional ticket and if not, hope that there are some empty seats that they will fill after the start of the processional. In precious years, these tickets were handed out at park opening on that day. Typically there have been empty seats even after the start of the show and thus have been filled by people waiting in standby.

WITron
05-01-2006, 11:26 PM
We went last year and it is included with your admission. The past number of years they have had a dining package where you eat at a number of restraunts and spend a certain dollar amount you get a seat. My parents got a spot right behind the ropes that seperated the seating area from the standing area and got there around 3. Once it started the CM allowed the small kids to come in front of the ropes to see.

animalx
05-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Thanks. I'll keep my EARS open .:)

SeansMom
05-02-2006, 09:01 AM
I'm going at the start of December. Does your normal Disneyland ticket get you into the procession or do you need a special seperate ticket to get in?

We'll be there, too! I'm hoping to get more information on this as it gets closer. I hope the park isn't too packed, but one can only hope!

kiwifuz
05-02-2006, 12:40 PM
I'm sure you could search around these boards and mouseplanet's articles to find some more info, but I'll tell you our experience from this past year.

We opted for the dinner package. We went to Hook's Pointe for dinner and in order to get tickets for the seating area for the show we had to spend $40/person, $80 total for the two of us. Well my DH decided on the steak & lobster tail dinner that was I'm thinking a little over $30 so it wasn't too hard for us to get to the $80 minimum number.

After we ate and paid we received 2 little tickets that looked like hoppers only they said "Candlelight Processional 12/##/2005 Silver Seating". We entered the show area through a special line (after entering the park like normal), and had our choice of which seats in the center section directly in front of the stage we wanted.

The show was great, we definitely thought the dinner package was a good option for us. It looked like tons of other people just stood on the outside of the ropes and watched also. I would say that's a good option if you're not looking to spend the money on dinner. But for us honestly, it was our one real meal of the day (minus the free hotel breakfast) so with 2 glasses of wine, and appetizer, 2 dinner, and dessert it wasn't that bad of a deal considering it was at Disney.

As for the crowds, who knows. Part of me thinks that the number of people there had a whole lot to do with the 50th anniversary. So you combine that with the show and it being a weekend in general in December and the crowds were awful that night. Maybe this year will be better?

We had a great tme, I'm sure you will too. Enjoy!!

animalx
05-03-2006, 10:58 AM
I have two kids as well but i would rather be sitting than standing, great info.
Thanks

kiwifuz
05-03-2006, 02:22 PM
I have two kids as well but i would rather be sitting than standing, great info.
Thanks
Not sure how the budget is for you animalx, but I figured I'd let you know that the "minimum" for dinner for kids is less than adults. I can't honestly remember what it was, but the table next to us had 2 kids and their amount was less. Someone else around here might know?

MickeyandMe
05-03-2006, 09:05 PM
The kids minimum was $15 - but the total amount is all that counts. For 2 adults and 2 kids we had to meet a minimum of $110 ($40 per adult and $15 per kid). We also ate at Hooke's Point and each ordered a main dish/kids meal, shared two appetizers and got a few virgin daquiris to share and were right over the minimum. For the CP we sat right in the from row on the left. It was perfect - much better than having to stand outside the ropes.

WITron
05-04-2006, 12:45 AM
Last year they did not announce the dinning plan or any other details of the CP until November, so don't get discouraged if you aren't hearing anything about it.