PDA

View Full Version : Fast Passes and those Plastic Park Hoppers!

disneyochem
05-01-2006, 06:25 PM
I have a quick question. Everyone in my family has APs but a friend is coming with us this time so needs to get an extra ticket. She went to the local Disney store and bought a 3-day park hopper--plastic card that was activation. I heard a rumor that one cannot get Fastpasses with those plastic cards. Is this true?!??! Hope not. Hate to leave my friend behind while we ride all the rides!:D

Thanks.

Darkbeer
05-01-2006, 06:38 PM
I have a quick question. Everyone in my family has APs but a friend is coming with us this time so needs to get an extra ticket. She went to the local Disney store and bought a 3-day park hopper--plastic card that was activation. I heard a rumor that one cannot get Fastpasses with those plastic cards. Is this true?!??!

If the Card was activated at purchase, and used for admission that day, it will work just like any other ParkHopper or Annual Pass. The system works on the barcode, and checks to see if the number was scanned at the turnstiles.

Just grabbing some cards at the local VONS or Safeway, and not paying for them will not work. Some folks thought it would be a way to get extra FASTPASSes. :rolleyes:

kimmybear
05-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Just grabbing some cards at the local VONS or Safeway, and not paying for them will not work. Some folks thought it would be a way to get extra FASTPASSes. :rolleyes:

speaking of extra fastpasses, i've been told that expired park hoppers still work- the machines can't recognize if they were used to enter the park that day or not. the old tickets used to work, but that was last year. do you know if this is still true? :D

Dexter
05-01-2006, 08:44 PM
I can't speak for park admission tickets, however for a time AP holders used to be able to use their old expired AP and their current one to get fastpasses. As a counter measure for this the park added a five digit code to the AP barcode that identifies the current and the expired pass. They also updated the fastpass network to only accept media that was scanned in that day. If the ticket was not scanned at the turnstyle that day it won't produce a fastpass ticket.

ralfrick
05-01-2006, 09:04 PM
speaking of extra fastpasses, i've been told that expired park hoppers still work- the machines can't recognize if they were used to enter the park that day or not. the old tickets used to work, but that was last year. do you know if this is still true? :D
I've heard that this loophole has been closed. In 2001, for purely scientific purposes, we found that we could use out tickets from 2000, which were of a different design. However, the one day tickets other family members had bought in 2001 stopped working after a day.

Cheers.

Darkbeer
05-01-2006, 09:14 PM
FYI, if you have problems getting FASTPASSes with the admission ticket you used to enter the park, I would try it at two attractions, and if it doesn't work, go to City Hall (or Guest Relations at DCA) and they can help you. They can usually activate the ticket, or if not, can issue you a special voucher.

disneyochem
05-02-2006, 04:52 AM
Thanks for the advice/information. I'll let you if there were any problems.

Leaving on Thursday! Yippee! Haven't been since October so it's time.