PDA

View Full Version : Chef's Table at Napa Rose

meandthree
05-01-2006, 01:26 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows how far in advance you can reserve the Chef's table at Napa Rose? Has anyone done it and is it worth it. I thought it would be a great birthday present for my husband

mulansgirl
05-04-2006, 08:19 PM
When I went on may 1st there was on opening for later that night, only one time slot though. I considered taking it but thought I would try it on another trip there sometime, as another special thing to do, don't want to have everything at once, then I get spoiled. If you do try it out tell me how it was.

rfaljean
05-05-2006, 09:20 AM
You can request the chef's counter when you make the reservations.
You can order anything from the menu, you don't have to order the Vitner's Table selection. We did this as an early Christmas gift for my hubby. I don't care for wine, so I ordered steak. He like's wine, so we ordered the vitner's for him. He loved it. He got to talk to Chef Sutton and everything.... It was way worth it. Especially for a special occassion.

miss bianca
05-05-2006, 09:32 AM
Do you have to pay extra for sitting there?

KarenW2
05-05-2006, 02:23 PM
My hubby and I have done the "Chef's COUNTER" twice so far and have a reservation for it again, next Saturday night! The first time, it was just my hubby and I. We went for his birthday and had Chef Andrew. We had a great time talking to him, watching the "show", ordered off the menu, but he gave a couple of extra goodies as well!!

The second time, we took my cousin and her husband, since they'd never been to NR yet and had a great time then too! We had Chef Jeffrey. When we were looking over the menu, discussing what we were thinking of having, he asked if we were willing to trust him with choices, and we said sure! He told us to close our menues and put them down immediately!

He asked if we had any food allergies or limitations, then took it from there. Each course was different for each of us and we shared tastes with each other. At dessert time, they handed us menues and we made our own choices for dessert. Since my cousin's hubby was driving, she had the wine pairing with each course and was very happy with the wines, as they were presented and explained by our great waiter, Mickey!

Our next time there next week will be with a couple of friends of ours who haven't been to NR yet. The wife is currently taking some culinary classes and is very interested in seeing what goes on there!

We've eaten in the regular dining room, the lounge and the Chef's Counter. We really like the lounge (nice, quiet, romantic and you don't have other people at your elbow, like in the regular dining area) and the CC the best!! You get great interaction with the staff and the service is great! My hubby would like to do the counter every time we go there, but I enjoy the lounge for a nice, quiet meal, when I want it to be just the two of us!

I recommend it highly! :D What we were charged when we ate there was the price of the vintner's menu, without wines (my cousin had a wine charge, obviously) and had at least that many courses. If you have a particular day in mind, make a reservation in advance, you'll be glad you did!! Hope you and he have a great birthday dinner! :)

rfaljean
05-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Do you have to pay extra for sitting there?

No, the chef's counter doesn't cost extra.

simbaNnala101
05-06-2006, 10:25 PM
is the chefs counter in the lounge or can minors eat there too. about how much is a dinner at the napa rose? and is the located in the CGH? thanx

~Ash~