PDA

View Full Version : A concern-re: POTC

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-01-2006, 07:45 AM
I am sorry if this has been discussed before, or maybe noone knows the answer yet. But, the new soundtrack for POTC, they can't take out Yo Ho song, and they CANNOT take out the "DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES", right? I mean, there would be a riot taking place if they did that! Tell me they can't do that. Eliminate my fears!

05-01-2006, 08:13 AM
Really doubtful.

Did you know the entire POTC after the talking skull is a dream? The man in the bayou shack has fallen asleep, dreaming of "glory days" as a pirate.

I learned that from reading cstephens' description of the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour.

Crazy4DL
05-01-2006, 08:15 AM
Did you know the entire POTC after the talking skull is a dream? The man in the bayou shack has fallen asleep, dreaming of "glory days" as a pirate.

I learned that from reading cstephens' description of the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour.

Really?!? wow, just learned something new myself.

evrythngwmn
05-01-2006, 08:16 AM
Really?!? wow, just learned something new myself.

I just learned last night that back in the 70s Cafe Orleans was table service. Interesting that it's being converted back.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-01-2006, 08:25 AM
Really doubtful.

Hmm, that is very interesting. Thanks for sharing that.
So, that is where those dreams where you feel like you are falling, take you, if the falling doesn't startle you enough to wake up! :D

olegc
05-01-2006, 09:43 AM

Hmm - I wonder if that's a CM taking some license for the the "story"....
Originally the attraction was supposed to be a walkthrough while you waited for dinner at the bayou (during the initial planning). this is why there is this whole aura of an abandoned cave hideout with scenes of how these pirates met their demise from the cursed treasure. What I understood from several sources at the park and from long-time disneyphiles on the web) was that this did create the dilemma when they expanded the ride to include the show building etcetera. You see , this portion is supposed to be a look back in time as to how the pirates met their demise- they attack the fort, capture the people, loot the city, burn it down, all the while drinking and partying.

there have been ideas in the past of how to relate that this demise awaits you should you follow in their footsteps (the flaming talking skull at the end of the misty tunnel was one) but the movie now will provide some of that turn..

Note - yo ho and dead men (when you make the second drop) will probably not go away. HOWEVER, if leaked plans are true then the voice you hear in the tunnel before the battle between the wicked wench, er, black pearl and the fort, will be Davey Jones from the film. So - this could mean the demise of X Atencio and Paul Frees bringing you the curse. Then the rest of the elements of Jack being in the attraction are well documented.

You should check out the Walt Disney World podcasts. there were a couple where imagineers talk about what changes they will make to the ride and where. I think there was one a few months ago on the DIsneyland podcast as well. I do know that some of the changes have already gone in to WDW version - like the dog (it's a new dog to match the film).

Of course - all of the changes won't be "official" until Disney says they are.

experiment626
05-01-2006, 06:14 PM
I thought they weren't going to be allowed to use the name/likeness of the Black Peral???

Doug
05-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Where are theses pod casts?
You should check out the Walt Disney World podcasts. there were a couple where imagineers talk about what changes they will make to the ride and where. I think there was one a few months ago on the DIsneyland podcast as well. I do know that some of the changes have already gone in to WDW version - like the dog (it's a new dog to match the film).

Mark Goldhaber
05-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Where are theses pod casts?
www.disneyland.com/podcast
www.disneyworld.com/podcast

PirateSmile
05-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Really doubtful.

:eek: I never knew that! That's cool! Now I have something new to tell my cousins to calm them down when they're scared of it, lol.

CousinPhil
05-01-2006, 11:50 PM
That is an interesting theory and I suppose it would put a neat spin on it, if it were true.

Isn't that funny, though, what kids are afraid of sometimes? I remember when I was little I hated POTC just because of those two drops. I would literally cry and scream in line when I discovered we were in queue for it because I was so afraid of it. I think if I would have gone at Tower of Terror at that age, I would have exploded.

Vegitabeta
05-02-2006, 11:16 AM
I think if I would have gone at Tower of Terror at that age, I would have exploded.

I still feel like I'm gonna explode on there and I'm 16! I do love it though:)

SeansMom
05-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Isn't that funny, though, what kids are afraid of sometimes? I remember when I was little I hated POTC just because of those two drops. I would literally cry and scream in line when I discovered we were in queue for it because I was so afraid of it.

Me too! I hated the drops. Derail: When we took my youngest DS he was only two+. We sat in the front, and prompted all the way before that we got to go "swoosh" down two little waterfalls. Worked like a charm, he even had his hands above his heads :). When we got to the skeleton with the shovel, he said, "Why that man not digging Mommy?" Gotta love kids :p !