PDA

View Full Version : Marriott Hotel

nachmann
04-19-2002, 03:02 PM
Has anyone recently stayed at the Marriott Hotel near the convention center.
If so what comments do you have.
Thanks,
Jeff :)

lisap
04-19-2002, 04:19 PM
I stayed there last November for a teacher's convention. It's nice, not spectacular--shuttle to DLR of course. It is on a par with the Anaheim Hilton or Paradise Pier. If you can find a good rate, it's a fine place to stay.
My first choice is always the Residence Inn Anaheim for off-property, Grand Ca. for on property (who wouldn't stay there!)
:)

bluebayou
04-19-2002, 09:03 PM
Well - I just stayed there this past week for 3 nights and it was fine. Room was very clean, staff was nice and bed was comfy. I have stayed there twice before and felt everything was worth the price. Heres a tip - book thru priceline - they will usually accept 35.00/night for a room there which is a great deal... Personally - I feel that it is the best value in the area (have stayed in quite a few crazy, noisy overpriced hotels that are just across from Disney. I would pick the Marriot anytime over them. Just be warned - you have to pay for parking (18.00 valet and 12.00 garage).

adriennek
04-20-2002, 04:58 PM
I have stayed at the Anaheim Marriott SEVERAL times over the years- my most recent stay was in February. The beds are comfortable, the comforters they have on the beds now are very nice. The price is has been less than the Hilton. The service is superior to the Hilton and the West Coast Anaheim based on experiences with those two hotels in the past year. The room quality is superior to the West Coast Anaheim, IMO.

I definitely recommend this hotel.
Adrienne K

stinkerbell
04-21-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by bluebayou
Just be warned - you have to pay for parking (18.00 valet and 12.00 garage).

Per day or per stay? This hotel is on our short list for our next visit. (As is the Residence Inn, best friend works for Marriott). This charge could change our minds! We'll actually have our car. No more Super Shuttle from LAX. It's road trip time for the stinkerbell family..........

EandCDad
04-21-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by stinkerbell

Per day or per stay? This hotel is on our short list for our next visit. (As is the Residence Inn, best friend works for Marriott). This charge could change our minds! We'll actually have our car. No more Super Shuttle from LAX. It's road trip time for the stinkerbell family..........

I don't have any specific knowledge about the parking charge at the Anaheim Marriott, but it is pretty rare for a hotel to charge per stay. Usually its done per day. But that seems pretty high considering the Hilton across the street charges less than 10.

Regardless, if you are choosing between the Residence Inn and the Marriott and you are staying for several days with a family, the choice is really a no brainer. Stay at the Residence where you will have a kitchen, free breakfast, and free snacks in the evening. They also have a VCR in the room and a pool. With a family, the advantages of having a kitchen and the price benefit of not having to buy breakfast are too good to pass up.

bluebayou
04-21-2002, 08:37 PM
It is per day BUT when you figure that you ONLY pay 35.00 thru priceline per night - it is really no big deal - even with the charge - it only comes out to 53.00/night - where else can you get a very nice hotel room for that near disney?

nachmann
04-21-2002, 09:09 PM
Thanks for all the info. Looks like we will be staying there.
TY
Jeff