PDA

View Full Version : Super Soaps Millionare.

Rallymonkey23
04-19-2002, 01:45 PM
I was wondering. How many of you have been to the Super Soaps Millionare? We went to one of the shows last weekend. Kamar De Los Reyes, who plays Antonio Vega and Sherri Saum who plays Keri Reynolds in the soap One Life To Live played the game when we went. It was pretty cool. They play the game just like everyone else does. The only difference is that when they answer the 1000 point question right the audience wins a $5.00 gi9ft certificate good towards anything in a DCA store. At the 32,000 point question the audience wins a book bag. Then if you are as fortunate as we were, when they answer the 1,000,000 point question right the audience wins DCA Super Soap Weekend shirts. Yup, thats right, they answered the 1,000,000 point question right! Confetti was flying all over the place!

Anywho, who has been there? And what stars did you see play the game?

MouseWife
04-19-2002, 01:51 PM
I went the weekend for All My Children. I saw Susan Lucci and Jack Scalia. They got us to the bag but were caught up on a really stupid question. What is a carton of 15 ounces of eggs called? Two were obviously silly but the other two were not. They were fabulous though!

Someone we spoke with in line told us that Marcy Walker and David Canary played for them and they won all three prizes.

Was it a night shirt or a t-shirt? The bags they gave out were the ones we got for booking a package, but it had stuff in it.

I hope you were able to get the Soap.net free stuff, too. We got pins, a lipstick pen, magnet photo frame, mints, and I think that was it. They had a fan but we never did get one.

One more weekend! I thought it was a load of fun. I definitely want to go back next year.

Uncle Dick
04-19-2002, 02:10 PM
I was thinking of going to one of the Celebrity Millionaires, if only to get free stuff, but then I realized that, just like in the regular shows, CMs probably can't win stuff. So when you go to claim your prizes, do they ask if you're an employee? Or are the celebrity shows open to everyone?

MouseWife
04-19-2002, 02:19 PM
They didn't ask. To me, and I could be remembering incorrectly,
they looked like Soap.Net people. I don't remember uniforms.

The only thing that might be something is if when you go to spend your gift cert if someone says anything.

What you do is use your ticket for the show to walk over to the area past the tortilla place, straight west. You give them your stub and they give you the prizes according to your show. They know pretty quickly. Duh, I guess they could use walkie-talkies.

Anywho, when I used the gift certificate, they just needed a code, which they had, not me, and I got the $5. off. That was all.

I hope you go and I hope your people win!!!

cstephens
04-19-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
I was thinking of going to one of the Celebrity Millionaires, if only to get free stuff, but then I realized that, just like in the regular shows, CMs probably can't win stuff. So when you go to claim your prizes, do they ask if you're an employee? Or are the celebrity shows open to everyone?

It's my understanding that CMs can only win prizes during specific CM-only events. Regardless of whether or not they specifically ask if you're a CM, I wouldn't think any of those prizes would be worth losing a job over. You can always ask the CMs outside if CMs are eligible to win prizes in these special celebrity shows. At the very least, I'd fess up to being a CM before collecting any prizes, just in case.

/cs

Uncle Dick
04-19-2002, 03:36 PM
That's okay. I'd rather not fight through the rabid Soap Opera crowds anyway. ;) I'm just always trying to work the angles, ya know?

MouseWife
04-19-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
That's okay. I'd rather not fight through the rabid Soap Opera crowds anyway. ;)

Hey, I wasn't rabid!!!

I maintained myself quite well, considering. ;)

I didn't even cut in line. :)

Oh, I know, you didn't mean me . :cool:

Polar33
04-20-2002, 01:42 AM
According to the copy of the WWTBAM-PI! official rules I picked up from Guest Relations a while back: "Restricted Individuals may only be able to attend the Attraction as a member of the audience and shall not be eligible to occupy the Hot Seat as a Hot Seat Game player and/or recieve any Prizes."

So by that sentence CMs cannot get any prizes as a result of the game. Then again...by that same sentance Disney disqualified the soap stars as well, being ABC affiliated and all. However they have overlooked this rule for Cast Blast...but this is a bit different. Oh well, I don't think anybody would make to much fuss over it...just don't use your cast discount with your gift certificate. :)