PDA

View Full Version : Feral cats

drjones
04-29-2006, 12:01 PM
I was looking through other web sites about cat's doing their duty in people's gardens. My question is, Who cleans up after the feral cats at Disneyland? I know they go wherever they choose. that would mean all the flowerbeds, all over the park. Do they put repellant in the soil? do they clean it before park opening? because I have never smelled any cat odor anywhere in the park. Just wondering.

Susan L
04-29-2006, 12:57 PM
I don't know the answer to that question. But, it seems that the cats are lazing off on there duties. A mouse was spotted by another poster in the Plaza Inn:D

momuvseven
04-29-2006, 03:31 PM
I've only just seen a cat last week, my first and never a rodent.

Another Dimension
04-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Saw two cats in Critter Country last night near the Hungry Bear... and one was hanging out on the Storybook Land 'quilt' last night also.
The CM said she sees 3 different cats around Storybook Land canal quite often.

Duchess mermaid
04-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Cats bury their droppings. So unless someone dug it up you probably wouldn't smell it. plus it's probably good fertilizer for the flowers:)

disneyperson
04-29-2006, 04:28 PM
There's a big yellow tom cat that hangs out in Story Book Land. We've seen him several times.

bradk
04-29-2006, 05:16 PM
true fact: the castles of agrabah make for good scratching posts

MrsG
04-29-2006, 07:10 PM
I have never smelled any cat odor anywhere in the park.
Have you never smell Pinocchio's queue? Little like cat pee.

bradk
04-29-2006, 07:18 PM
i always blamed it on figaro. i thought the pee was animatronic.

mowsluver
04-30-2006, 11:20 AM
A couple of years ago we were eating/relaxing at the Hungry Bear rest and we heard meowing. There was a roped off area at the back where it is for CM's only and there was a lasy there with a DL nametag and we asked her about it. She let us come over there and in the box were some kittens. She said that they were some of the DL kittens and they were taking them to the vet to be checked out and get shots, then they would be let loose again. I thought that it was quite cool that they take care of them like that!

chrisaustx
04-30-2006, 10:43 PM
The DCA catbox is in front of the train engine, it smells like a catbox there very bad. I took a photo today of a cat hanging out there, I am sure this is just one of the many cat boxes at DCA.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h188/chrisaustx/100_1623.jpg

coronado_g
04-30-2006, 10:55 PM
I saw a cat over in the area between the Jungle Cruise and Indiana Jones - that cat was really quick & skittish. Everyone around exclaimed "Oh wow! Did you see the cat?!" I thought that was kind of funny - here it is Disneyland and everyone is in awe over seeing a CAT.
Also saw a cat casually lounging over on the banks of the Rivers of America.

raych30
05-01-2006, 07:24 AM
I can't help but feel sorry for the cats at DLR. Do they ever get pet or shown any love and affection? Are stray mice their only food source? Yeah, yeah, I know, but as a a serious cat lover, I think about these things...:D

dsnyredhead
05-01-2006, 07:54 AM
I've seen cm's put cat food out for them. I have also heard that cm's do round up them up and make sure that the cats get their shots.

drjones
05-01-2006, 10:22 AM
cat's don't always bury their scat. at least not always very well, and the urine odor carries. I was thinking of the very well maintained flower planters around the hub or tomorrowland. Nice dark soil. I has to attract the cats especially at night after closing.

stan4d_steph
05-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Except that overnight is when most of the landscaping is done. I have a feeling this chases them away from the more well-traveled areas of the park. If you go toward the back of Hungry Bear, down underneath, you'll smell them.

ralfrick
05-02-2006, 08:37 AM
I can't help but feel sorry for the cats at DLR. Do they ever get pet or shown any love and affection? Are stray mice their only food source? Yeah, yeah, I know, but as a a serious cat lover, I think about these things...:D

If they're anything like the feral cats in Golden Gate Park, even kittens, you'd probably get your arm torn off if you tried to pet them.

Cheers.

ministrychick77
05-02-2006, 10:56 AM
i've seen a few cats over by hungry bear before... they were just sitting on the steps that were blocked off. tried sneaking over to pet them.. got really close and then a little boy yelled really loud behind me which scared them off.. wanted to yell at the kid soooo much!! =P but i kept my cool and just shot the mother a glare.... next time i go i'm going to try to take pictures of as many cats as possible.. i too am a cat person... even have my cat on my lap right now... i think they get fed regular food..... but they're just so cute!!!:D

bradk
05-02-2006, 10:58 AM
i got this photo last year

http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/564800

kitty visiting the floral before park opening

screamin4ever
05-02-2006, 04:05 PM

That's the great thing about cats, they take care of themselves and don't need to be petted by us. That's our selfish human need to feel like we have rescued them from an unhappy life. As for affection, judging by the increasing population I think they have made a few love connections.

The cats are fine. In fact eating mice is better for them than cat food. Nothing like the amino acids in crushed mice brains to complete a cat's diet. I bet they grab an occasional duck too. Seriously, we are injuring them by forcing them to eat "Science" food or God forbid Tofu.

chrisaustx
05-02-2006, 08:49 PM
I was at the park today and took some photos a sleeping Disneyland kitty, this was in front of the train engine in DCA. This area is quite the hang out for the Disneyland cats, and smells like a big cat box as well.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h188/chrisaustx/cat2.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h188/chrisaustx/cat1.jpg

raych30
05-02-2006, 11:36 PM
I was at the park today and took some photos a sleeping Disneyland kitty, this was in front of the train engine in DCA. This area is quite the hang out for the Disneyland cats, and smells like a big cat box as well.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h188/chrisaustx/cat2.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h188/chrisaustx/cat1.jpg

Awwww....he looks so comfy :)