what is your least favorite ride?

Mine is the storybook boat one!

DisneylandForever
04-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Crap-O-Ventions.

Such a waste of space!

Niwel
04-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Least? Toss up between HISTA and Star Tours (I've just grown tired of both of them).

jMom
04-28-2006, 11:59 AM
We all know the popular rides...

Small World and Pooh rides go to the top of the least favourite list ... after the 3rd ride in a row with the kiddies.

Gone2Disneyland
04-28-2006, 12:24 PM
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh came to mind first; it pales in comparison, imo, to what was eliminated (Country Bear Jamboree) to put it up.

And technically, are HISTA and Crap-o-ventions "rides"? :p (Altho' the latter is definitely on my least fave attractions list.)

amarvel
04-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Hmmm this is tough because i really love all of Disneyland, if i dont count DCA or any of the transportation "rides" on main street, i guess if i was going to go on all the rides starting with my favorites, the last few rides would end up being...

Pinocchio
Snow White Adventures
HISTA

As far as big named rides, my least favorite are Indy and Star Tours, just dont do anything for me, star tours was cool was i was younger, but i wish they would get another movie....and indy just isnt as cool as the other big ones...

hg0079
04-28-2006, 12:39 PM
ok, sorry I should have said attraction!

How did I miss the fact that Country Bears was torn down for Pooh...when it first opened I went on it and (it wasn't all that Tiggerific) but I didn't realize the Jamboree was gone...tisk tisk!

dlandnut
04-28-2006, 01:09 PM
DL:

Storybook Canal boats, Pooh, HISA, Innoventions, the "former" Rocket Rods (bring back the PeopleMover!)

CA:

the "former" Superstar Limosine (thank goodness it's gone)

:)

Niwel
04-28-2006, 01:17 PM
ok, sorry I should have said attraction!!

no prob ... I fixed it in the thread hed

HorizonsA
04-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Disneyland:
Innoventions

Disney's California Adventure:
Golden Zephyr

Magic Kingdom:
The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management
(I hope they never bring that show to Disneyland)

Epcot:
Wonders of Life-Future World
That New Millenium Village-World Showcase (Don't know if it's actually there anymore)

hdlzx2
04-28-2006, 01:35 PM
"Magic Kingdom:
The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management
(I hope they never bring that show to Disneyland)"

I TOTALLY agree!!!
Keep Iago out of the tiki room PLEASE!

hlbtimes2
04-28-2006, 02:19 PM
HISTA. I have not seen it in 6 years. I have no need to go back.

GrimmGreen
04-28-2006, 02:24 PM
i'ts a small world , but without it we wouldnt have any cool dark rides now... or disneyland for that matter , also.. maybe i'm just missing it.. but what is HISTA?!?

-G

bradk
04-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience which probably has my vote too.

DianeM
04-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Funny, I love the Storybook Boat. The tiny trees and houses fascinate me. I've always been intrigued by bonsai, and there are some absolutely stunning examples in their little villages. My least favorite ride has to be Indy. Every time I ride it, it hurts my back because it shakes too much. Ironically, it's one of my husband's most favorite rides, and my favorite ride, Space Mountain, is his least favorite. Normally, we are very agreeable on likes and dislikes.

We all know the popular rides...

CrazyTrain
04-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Indy.

simbaNnala101
04-28-2006, 02:54 PM
You don't like Indy thats like one of my top 3!!! You must have had a bad experiance on it or is it b/c it is jerky? My least favorite would nave to be the carousel, pinocchio, snow white, and casey jr. train.

~Ash~

hg0079
04-28-2006, 03:11 PM
I haven't done the jungle cruise since a kid that was my least favorite,

this time around I am trying to go with an open attitude!

DangerMouse
04-28-2006, 03:42 PM
I haven't done the jungle cruise since a kid that was my least favorite,

this time around I am trying to go with an open attitude!

Make sure you try it at night, the skippers can be a lot more entertaining after dark! :D

My least favorite ride is the Astro Orbitor in TL. That thing is just painful!

Bolivar
04-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Here is what I did and it was a kind of a fun exercise. I went to the Disneyland web site and used their list of "Attractions" letting them define what constituted an attraction. I copied that list and pasted it into word. I then arranged it in order from favorite to least favorite. I had to dump some of them into a "Never done it" list because I can't judge it if I've never done it.

What made this fun was forcing myself to put one over another. That is really a false exercise because for me Disneyland is about the experience as much as it is the attractions. Things like just walking past the castle are not on here. And, while Indiana Jones tops my list, I would never have thought it was my favorite. I would think of Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash, the rides with more of a "Disney" feel to them than the Hollywood feel of Indy, but when forced to put one above another that is what came out on top. I'm also sure my list would be different if I redid it tomorrow or any other time.

I'll post my list just so you can see what I did, but really I don't think anyone will be interested in my list. The interesting and fun thing was the exercise of creating the list, forcing myself to put all the items in an order. I might think that these three are basically equal, but one has to go above the other.

Try it, it was fun.

My list:

Indiana Jones™ Adventure
Splash Mountain
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Space Mountain
Jungle Cruise
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Gadget's Go Coaster
Mad Tea Party
Star Tours, presented by Energizer
Autopia, presented by Chevron
"Honey, I Shrunk the Audience," presented by Kodak
Enchanted Tiki Room, presented by Dole Pineapple
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
"it's a small world"
DisneylandŽ Railroad
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Casey Jr. Circus Train
King Arthur Carrousel
Frontierland Shootin' Exposition
Astro Orbitor
Donald's Boat
Sailing Ship Columbia
Mark Twain Riverboat
DisneylandŽ Monorail
Innoventions
Tarzan's Treehouse™

Never Done It
Starcade
Tom Sawyer Island
Peter Pan's Flight
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
Chip 'n Dale Treehouse
Alice in Wonderland
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes
The Disney Gallery
Main Street Cinema
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Fire Engine, presented by National Car Rental
Horse-Drawn Streetcars, presented by National Car Rental
Horseless Carriage, presented by National Car Rental
Omnibus, presented by National Car Rental
Character Greetings:
* Aladdin and Jasmine at Aladdin's Oasis
* Ariel: The Little Mermaid
* Goofy, Pluto and Pals
* Meet Your Favorite Disney Princesses
* Mickey's House and Meet Mickey
* Minnie's House
* Stars of Toy Story 2
* Winnie the Pooh & Friends

Sub Maniak
04-28-2006, 03:46 PM
DL: HISTA, Innoventions

DCA: ???? (LOVE EM!)

DianeM
04-28-2006, 03:47 PM
I broke my back in a car accident when I was 15. Normally, I don't have back problems, unless I sit wrong for a long time or don't take care of my back (lifting heavy boxes, not lifting properly). But Indy is just too rough for me. I've ridden 3 times - once at Magic Kingdom and twice at DL, but it's always the same. So I won't ride it again. I don't mind a little pain (it's not agonizing) - It's just not worth the risk that it's damaging my spine.

You don't like Indy thats like one of my top 3!!! You must have had a bad experiance on it or is it b/c it is jerky? My least favorite would nave to be the carousel, pinocchio, snow white, and casey jr. train.

~Ash~

04-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Roger Rabbit

CrazyTrain
04-28-2006, 03:54 PM

~Ash~

Horrible expirience! You'd have to pay me A LOT to go on it again.

Casey Jr. is one of my favorite rides :D

Sub Maniak
04-28-2006, 04:19 PM
I broke my back in a car accident when I was 15. Normally, I don't have back problems, unless I sit wrong for a long time or don't take care of my back (lifting heavy boxes, not lifting properly). But Indy is just too rough for me. I've ridden 3 times - once at Magic Kingdom and twice at DL, but it's always the same. So I won't ride it again. I don't mind a little pain (it's not agonizing) - It's just not worth the risk that it's damaging my spine.

I know what you mean. When it opened, it had to be significantly toned down. Way to Violent