PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment Options at DLR?

bradk
04-28-2006, 08:29 AM
I've been trying to pester CMs over the phone to give up all their golden information (i.e., the contents of the CM Reference Guide) because I want to review every possible entertainment item (not listed on the website's calendar) so I can try to fit in everything I want to see, but it's been very hit & miss.

According to the last CM I spoke to, everything is listed on the entertainment times guide at the parks, but I'm not entirely sure that's true. So my question is, is there a list out there (barring any changes of course) listing what goes on in the parks? Stuff like:

* The Main Street Train Station Dedication Ceremony
* Mickey climbing the Matterhorn
* Storytimes with Aladdin/Jasmine, the Princesses, Koda & Kenai
* Scheduled appearances, such as PUSH, etc.

Just so I know what to ask for when I get there.

Crazy4DL
04-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Can't answer your questions, bradk, but glad to have you back and YAY on your upcoming trip! Have a ball . . . hopefully we will get to see more of your awesome photos.

stan4d_steph
04-28-2006, 08:57 AM
There's usually a separate paper bulletin at the turnstiles with entertainment times on it.

tod
04-28-2006, 09:09 AM
So my question is, is there a list out there (barring any changes of course) listing what goes on in the parks? Stuff like:

Yes, but it's handed out to Cast Members only, several pages of tiny type. If what you're looking for isn't on the plain-paper schedule that day, ask at City Hall. Or ask a Sweeper; ever since they got those pouches with daily schedules in them, they also started being information sources.

--t

Frogberto
04-28-2006, 09:10 AM
Or you can find many of the entertainment items you're seeking at the following:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/daily/daily?name=CalendarDailyPage

bradk
04-28-2006, 09:11 AM
well thanks for the support :)

and thanks steph, but that only leads me to ask if all those things i've mentioned are on that sheet of paper, and if so, if anyone has one they can scan in for me or send to me? i'd just hate to show up and have to figure out everything on the fly. although with 5 days of touring, ridemax is giving me a pretty lenient and open schedule so i have a lot of time to play with as well. i already have a feeling i'm going to drive my tourguide into pure insanity.

and thanks Frogberto, but those are the ones I already knew about :) i'm looking for the other types of things not readily available (see my OP for examples).

bradk
04-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Yes, but it's handed out to Cast Members only, several pages of tiny type. If what you're looking for isn't on the plain-paper schedule that day, ask at City Hall. Or ask a Sweeper; ever since they got those pouches with daily schedules in them, they also started being information sources.

--t

exactly! i had the honor of seeing them a few times my last trip. the CMs I've talked to all tell me they have them (they get them Fridays for Friday - Thursday), but they pretty much won't read them out to me (which I understand given how much information is on them) and won't send me a copy (which I also understand). the only advice I was given was to stop by City Hall but it looks like if you don't know precisely what you're looking for, information is not readily available.

stan4d_steph
04-28-2006, 09:18 AM
In the 5 days you have at DL, you should have no trouble fitting in those activities you listed.

Frogberto
04-28-2006, 09:25 AM
I think at City Hall, they are just going to give you the "Times Guide", with all the same stuff on the online calendar (and the same document given out at the turnstiles). I'm sorry, I don't know how to get the other stuff you mentioned.

Malcon10t
04-28-2006, 09:39 AM
I think at City Hall, they are just going to give you the "Times Guide", with all the same stuff on the online calendar (and the same document given out at the turnstiles). I'm sorry, I don't know how to get the other stuff you mentioned.You can ask at City Hall, and they can tell you what time to expect PUSH, but as he roams, you will have to locate him. They can tell you about when you might find The Trash Can guys and where. Also, things like Dapper Dans and the various performing artists (usually are not on the timesheet they hand out) can be asked about at City Hall. Now, as far as getting one now for an upcoming trip, all the info wouldn't be valid, as things change. You have 5 days, experience some of the spontaneity.

geoffa
04-28-2006, 09:46 AM

Sorry - but who or what is PUSH? We don't all get out to DL as often as we'd like?:confused:

bradk
04-28-2006, 09:51 AM
(gasp)

PUSH is awesome. he's at both WDW & DL (WDW actually also has a recycling bin named Pipa). he's just a wisecracking, ymca-dancing trashcan that periodically roves around tomorrowland.

he's well worth tracking down and spending time with in my opinion.

potzbie
04-28-2006, 10:25 AM
PUSH is awesome. He's just a wisecracking, ymca-dancing trashcan that periodically roves around tomorrowland

:)
Choose wisely.
Not all trash cans in Tomorrowland can talk.
I spent a half-hour talking to a rude trash bin in Fantasyland before I realized that the trash bin wasn't being rude, but just being a trash bin.
:mad:

FMTX
04-28-2006, 10:51 AM
I've been trying to pester CMs over the phone to give up all their golden information (i.e., the contents of the CM Reference Guide) because I want to review every possible entertainment item (not listed on the website's calendar) so I can try to fit in everything I want to see, but it's been very hit & miss.

According to the last CM I spoke to, everything is listed on the entertainment times guide at the parks, but I'm not entirely sure that's true. So my question is, is there a list out there (barring any changes of course) listing what goes on in the parks? Stuff like:

Everything is definitely not listed on things given to the public and it may take awhile to get your answer on times for some things.

When we were there in November, I wanted to see Mickey climbing the Matterhorn as I did not even know about it until I started reading this forum. On a day they were historically having it (Monday) per recent posts on this site leading up to our trip, I ask a CM to confirm time and he did not even know what I was talking about. He proceeded to ask several other CM’s (3 if I remember correctly) until we found one who actually knew what this ones. He than tracked down some special CM a manager or something not sure who had some special list of times and that CM was able to tell me the time and the best place to see it. The whole process took about 20 minutes just to find out the correct time.

I just thought it was interesting that so many CM’s did not even know what it was and only certain folks could look to see when it was.

bradk
04-28-2006, 11:00 AM
that's a shame. it is all actually printed on their reference guides which they're supposed to have on them at all times for just the occasion.

in this case when i called, she was able to give me the times for this weekend (he's climbing at 12 & 1:30 on Sat & Sun), but she had trouble locating some of the things I was asking. it's like a little booklet that is literally crammed with everything going on in small type. i just don't see how it's possible that everything is listed on the sheet they give out to people.

i know they love the spontaneity of being able to casually walk towards the castle and then all of a sudden hear that mickey's climbing the matterhorn, but it's such a rare and fun event that if i ever found out about it after the fact and that i had missed it, i'd be bummed.

evrythngwmn
04-30-2006, 08:25 PM
that's a shame. it is all actually printed on their reference guides which they're supposed to have on them at all times for just the occasion.

in this case when i called, she was able to give me the times for this weekend (he's climbing at 12 & 1:30 on Sat & Sun), but she had trouble locating some of the things I was asking. it's like a little booklet that is literally crammed with everything going on in small type. i just don't see how it's possible that everything is listed on the sheet they give out to people.

i know they love the spontaneity of being able to casually walk towards the castle and then all of a sudden hear that mickey's climbing the matterhorn, but it's such a rare and fun event that if i ever found out about it after the fact and that i had missed it, i'd be bummed.

It's not all listed on the entertainment sheet given to guests. As you're already aware it is all listed in the CM reference guide. And yes all CMs are supposed to have one with them. Unfortunately a lot either don't care or don't know about it.

Drince88
05-01-2006, 04:28 AM
I don't recall if it was WDW MK or DL, but it was within the last 6 months, I asked what time the flag retreat would be (since they don't ACTUALLY do it at sunset), and that wasn't on the CM reference guide. They had to call over to City Hall for me to find out. And she was SOURING that tiny type trying to find it, since she figured it should be on there as well!

evrythngwmn
05-01-2006, 08:54 AM
I don't recall if it was WDW MK or DL, but it was within the last 6 months, I asked what time the flag retreat would be (since they don't ACTUALLY do it at sunset), and that wasn't on the CM reference guide. They had to call over to City Hall for me to find out. And she was SOURING that tiny type trying to find it, since she figured it should be on there as well!

It's listed on the DL one.

evrythngwmn
05-01-2006, 08:55 AM
When in May is your trip Brad?

bradk
05-01-2006, 08:59 AM
soon. :)

it's actually fluctuated a bit, but basically it looks like May 8 through May 13.

evrythngwmn
05-01-2006, 09:04 AM
soon. :)

it's actually fluctuated a bit, but basically it looks like May 8 through May 13.

Cool, how fun for you. Only a week more to go.