PDA

View Full Version : Yet another AP question

Diosabellissima
04-27-2006, 10:38 AM
I've finally decided to pony up and get an AP. Seeing as I qualify as a Southern California resident, I am leaning towards the SoCal AP. I would love to get the full-on, Premium AP, but I don't have that money at the moment.

My question: can I upgrade my AP? Like, if I get the So Cal AP for $150 (or however much it is exactly), can I pay the difference and upgrade to a Premium pass in a month?

Thanks everyone!

mckygirl99
04-27-2006, 10:49 AM
I've finally decided to pony up and get an AP. Seeing as I qualify as a Southern California resident, I am leaning towards the SoCal AP. I would love to get the full-on, Premium AP, but I don't have that money at the moment.

My question: can I upgrade my AP? Like, if I get the So Cal AP for $150 (or however much it is exactly), can I pay the difference and upgrade to a Premium pass in a month?

Thanks everyone!

Yes you can! You would just pay the difference minus the month that already past.

Diosabellissima
04-27-2006, 11:05 AM
You know, I think I'm in love with you :).

Thank you so much!

Oh one more question! Is the AP just for one park? Or both?

Dexter
04-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Both, they used to sell 1 park AP's but no longer do. Just before I renewed my pass said "2 park premium" now it just simply says Premium at the top.

Diosabellissima
04-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Why the heck did I wait so long to get an AP? Oh, and Dex: I'm in love with you too:) I'm pretty much in love with anyone who helps me with my Disney-related endeavors!

Darkbeer
04-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Yes you can! You would just pay the difference minus the month that already past.

FYI, you will be charged the FULL price between what you paid for the AP and the current price for the AP you want.

So based on the Original Post, you could do this

May, purchase a SoCal AP for $149, AP expires in May, 2007.

In June, upgrade to a Deluxe, and pay $80 ($229 - $149), AP still expires in May, 2007.

In July, upgrade to a Premium, and pay $120 ($349-$149-$80), AP still expires in May, 2007.

Disney does not prorate either the price, or the length of an upgraded AP.

Omnitographer
04-27-2006, 11:31 AM
a question, if i may. if i over the course of a few months upgrade to a deluxe ap, and it comes time to renew, can i renew at the SoCalSel pass?

Diosabellissima
04-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Aha, got it. That makes sense! I think I may just get the SoCal AP this month, then when I return next month, upgrade to the Premium.

I know this is turning into 20 questions, but-- as experienced Disney AP holders- is the difference between a Deluxe and Premium pass really worth it?

Dexter
04-27-2006, 11:59 AM
carterhawk, you can renew your pass at any level you so choose. If you want to drop the pass from Deluxe to So Cal the renewal form allows you to downgrade, at least it used to.

Diosabellissima, the Premium pass lets you go to Disneyland any public operating day, the deluxe has some blackout dates. The premium also gets you a 15% discount at most food locations and the Deluxe only gets 10%. It depends on how often you plan to be at the resort.

Darkbeer
04-27-2006, 12:01 PM
a question, if i may. if i over the course of a few months upgrade to a deluxe ap, and it comes time to renew, can i renew at the SoCalSel pass?

Yes, when you renew, you can choose any of the 4 types of AP.

No matter what type of AP you have, they will take $20 off the price of a Deluxe or a Premium if you buy THAT AP prior to the renewal date.

So you wouldn't get any type of discount. But of course, you can upgrade later, and in steps.

And under these rules, folks that had a SoCal AP could upgrade to a Deluxe 30 days prior to the renewal date, and then get an extra month of the Deluxe free. (For example, My SoCal AP expires June 15th, 2006, I go to the Bank of Main Street on May 16th (You are only alllowed to renew one month prior to your expiration) and pay $209 for a Deluxe AP at the renewal price. I now have a Deluxe AP that expires June 15th, 2007.