PDA

View Full Version : Where should we stay...

allye
04-26-2006, 08:30 PM
O.k. I open my big mouth:D My son ask me what are we doing for is Birthday which is in July, I said Disneyland. so here we go. Instead of our usually 3 or 4 nights at DLH . We want to stay one night somewhere (it's weekend). Because DS will be in school already( yeararound ).. I was thinking of place that has shuttle or place not far to walk either Candy Cane Inn or HO JOs. any other suggestions?

Sosai X
04-26-2006, 09:32 PM
You might try the Best Western Anaheim Inn...it's right next to the Denny's on Harbor, across from the entrance gate...I stayed there last December...you can see Space Mountain and the fireworks from the hotel...clean, and quiet.

Vegitabeta
04-27-2006, 03:16 AM
We've stayed at the Sheraton Anaheim twice and it's really good. The have a free shuttle to DL (only takes a few mins to get there) and you can see the fireworks from just outside the front door too:)

hlbtimes2
04-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Go with the candy cane. You wont be sorry! Walking distance, but also has a shuttle. Free breakfast and comfy beds- can't go wrong.

ghoofie
04-27-2006, 09:59 AM
Candy Cane....THEEEEE best.
Book early though !!
You can always cancel 48 hr prior.
They are great...but the rates start climbing
the closer to the date you book.

allye
04-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Thanks for your help, My husband wants to stay at Candy Cane Inn. even though we never stayed there. I better make reservations soon. Like now!!!

Rhiannon8404
04-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Just popping in to say we like the Candy Cane, too!

AztecWolverine
04-29-2006, 02:20 AM
I like the Candy Cane, too, especially their shuttle, but their rooms are quite cramped, and the continental breakfast is quite minimal. For kids it's not bad, because they have a variety of cold cereals.... Liked their pool and jacuzzi. And if you're not an early riser, don't get a downstairs room--the neighbors up above you will wake you up!!! No elevator though....

hlbtimes2
04-29-2006, 06:39 AM
and the continental breakfast is quite minimal.

Compared to most "continental" breakfasts, its far from minimal. Most offer juice/ coffee and pastries. The addtion of bagels/ cream cheese, fruit and cereal make it pretty complete. And considering only a small handful of hotels in that area offer one at all, its pretty good.

Canadiana Jones
05-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Not trying to scare anyone, but everytime we walked by the Candy Cane property, there was always a roach crossing the sidewalk, coming from the foilage next to the first floor. Maybe it was just a bad coincidence, but no word of a lie, everytime we passed by, there were either dead ones on the sidewalk or they were scampering across. Has anybody else ever noticed such a problem? Also, one the best Hotels we have stayed at is the old Coast Hotel that is now a Sheraton. Great view and great pool area, as well as very clean! Has anyone ever stayed at the Desert Inn across from the main gate? How was it?

kisroo
05-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Compared to most "continental" breakfasts, its far from minimal. Most offer juice/ coffee and pastries. The addtion of bagels/ cream cheese, fruit and cereal make it pretty complete. And considering only a small handful of hotels in that area offer one at all, its pretty good.

I was thinking the same thing. Every time we've stayed there, they've had bagels, toast, cereal (dry and hot available), fruit, pastries, coffee, tea, juice, milk....

Far from "minimal" as far as continental breakfasts go. The only other breakfast that we've found better is the one La Quinta offers~they have waffles!!

I'd go with The Candy Cane Inn myself.

Have a great time!

~kisroo:)

princessfiona
05-07-2006, 07:00 PM
We stayed there a year ago, and the next time we go back, we'll stay there again for sure! Paula at the front desk is the best!

They allowed me to check in early, and when they saw I was traveling alone with kids, moved me to a quieter room than we'd been assigned that was on the bottom floor so I didn't have to haul all those bags upstairs by myself!

Their gift shop had fresh fruit, yogurt, milk, etc. I brought boxed cereals from home. We ate in our room each morning, which is so much more relaxing than eating out.

The walk wasn't bad at all. We did it at least once each day. The ART trolley ran pretty much continuously, so we never had much of a wait when we preferred to do that.

I booked thru Sue at Mousesavers and got a fantastic rate...less than I've paid for a Super 8 in Omaha and half what I paid at Red Roof Inn in St. Louis!

They were so helpful! They booked a limo for me for our ride back to the airport. It cost the same as the cabs, but was cleaner, roomier, and gave door-to-door service!

I'd recommend HoJos to anyone!