PDA

View Full Version : paradise pier hotel

anjelah
04-18-2002, 11:41 PM
Hello...I'm going to be staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel in August. If anyone has stayed there and has some input I'd greatly appreciate it! I've paid for a standard view room. Is there a particular floor I should request? Any info would be a big help. I'm going with my ten year old daughter.
Thanks a lot!

Jason Reynolds
04-19-2002, 08:50 AM
I stayed there during the DCA construction period. We stayed in the 10th or 11th floor on the East side of the tower nearest to Disneyland Drive. You can see the entire DCA Park from there and much of Disneyland. It's worth and extra little chunk of change I think, you can take some good pic's from up there. Of course the rooms are great and the service is excellent as I have always experienced.

hefferdude
04-19-2002, 11:58 AM
Back when it was the Emerald then the Pan Pacific, we would ask for the O2 ( " oh two " ) rooms ( ie 102, 202,302...). The east west offset architecture showed in these rooms. You would get a wedge of about 25% more room and a view of the parkinglot - now DCA. Plus they were non-smoking rooms, hence the added pun of "O2". ;)

hefferdude
04-19-2002, 12:03 PM
PS: I think you get co-pool priveleges too. Means you can use the Neverland Pool over at the DLH. Be sure and ask at the desk.
The PCH Grill is good. Food and service were great. Too bad the
Chilean Sea Bass may not be offered any more.

anjelah
04-19-2002, 02:08 PM
Thanks A LOT! I will definately ask about the pool. My daughter will love that. Does the hotel still have the same set up? If so I will go ahead as ask for an 02 room :)

tinkfreak
04-20-2002, 09:57 AM
I was pleasantly surprised when we stayed there, also during the DCA construction period. Although it was a busy holiday weekend, PPH was very quiet and peaceful (I've heard that the DLH is less so). The "rooftop" pool is definatly above average. I say rooftop tentitivley because it's actually only a few floors up - but still not crowded and very clean. The PCH Grill was great, and we recieved great service overall. Even if you can't get an "02" room, you can still ask for a non smoking floor, of course.

DorisZ
04-21-2002, 06:38 AM
We just came back from a 5 day stay at the Paradise Hotel.

There were 9 of us in the group and we all enjoyed the hotel very much. We were on the 4th floor so we didn't have a very clear view of DCA, I do think a higher floor would afford a better view.

We all liked it because of the convenience of staying there and it did seem to be more quiet than the other two hotels. Although we didn't use the pool, the front desk did say you are allowed to use the DH pool also. We tried the key at the GC pool, but it wouldn't work.

We only ate breakfast at PCH grill, unless you are really hungry, don't get the buffet. The characters were really good with all the guests.

MonorailMan
04-21-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by DorisZ
Although we didn't use the pool, the front desk did say you are allowed to use the DH pool also.

Cool! I love the DH pool, but PPH has the cheap rates. :)

Mad Madam Mim
04-22-2002, 01:40 PM
We stayed there for my Sparky's B-day, it was pretty nice.

The PCH Grill is a fabulous returaunt and Breakfast with Mini was a blast... (all at that hotel)

They really went out of their way for what ever we needed, and i thougt the rooms were great.

KarenW2
04-22-2002, 10:41 PM
We stayed at PPH for 2 nights, the night DCA opened last year & the next night. The room was just a regular hotel room to us, but the view was nice. We had a view of DCA, the Grand Californian Hotel & Disneyland in that direction. It's probably the furthest walk to all the parks tho. That's definitely the down side to staying at PPH or DH, it's a very long walk to get to the parks!! We prefer GC for multiple reasons, including it's the closest one to both parks!

But the most interesting thing about staying at PPH is that they have an "exclusive" special entry to DCA. You have to have a current room key to open the door to the walkway that takes you to the entrance. It lets you out into the Paradise Pier area of DCA, right by Corn Dog Castle. It's an easy "out" for after watching the Electrical Parade, especially if you don't like walking thru crowds!

I don't know the current status of the Perfectly Perfect Tea with Mary Poppins at the PPH, but I'm sure you can ask them about it. I know if I had a 10 year old daughter, I'd love to try it!!

Hope you have a great time!

derraj
04-25-2002, 10:28 AM
Just returned from a 4 night stay at the Paradise Pier Hotel and I would like to make a couple of comments...

First of all, we took two of our children with us (ages 3 and 4). To our surprise, there was no strollers available at the front desk, or any of the gift shops in the hotel. :confused: (Now if I was the manager of this hotel that is off the beaten path to the park, (10 minute walk to the monorail) I would carry those cheap, disposeable umbrella strollers and charge $25 bucks for them) So I ended up carying our daughter (3 year old) from the exit of the hotel to the monorail. Then the nearest stroller rental place we could find was at the front gate, so we ended up carrying her from about the Tomorrowland rockets to the stroller rental place.:eek:

Other than this, (which I might add I am going to contact PPH with this grotesque oversight) our stay was absolutely perfect. Staff erred on the side of overly polite, kids got autographed pictures of Micky, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, upon check in. Food was excellent (we ate a lot of room service ($$$) because we stayed in the park until closing). Make sure you make your reservations a day in advance for the Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast or you will wait 30-45 minutes to be seated ($105 for 4 adults and 2 kids).

If I think of anything else, I will post it. Out of a possible 5 stars, it was a 3.75! (I really docked them for no strollers!!!):)

dizneelover
04-26-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by KarenW2
But the most interesting thing about staying at PPH is that they have an "exclusive" special entry to DCA. You have to have a current room key to open the door to the walkway that takes you to the entrance. It lets you out into the Paradise Pier area of DCA, right by Corn Dog Castle. It's an easy "out" for after watching the Electrical Parade, especially if you don't like walking thru crowds

So, do you go under DL drive? Where is the door?