PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bayou now opening July 1 - Pirates delay?

Pages : [1] 2

SHOMan
04-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Hi All,

First post here, and wanted to express my gratitude for all of the great information we have been able to get here.

So, to the matter at hand. I called this morning (April 26) to get PS for Blue Bayou for June 26 and they told me that they had received email this morning telling them that BB would not re-open until July 1.

I had extended our 6/17 thru 6/25 vacation by an extra day to 6/26 in hopes that I could ride the new POTC and eat at BB. It stands to reason that if BB is not open until 7/1, POTC could be closed until then as well.

Does anyone have any updated information they could share? Is there any chance we could see any "soft" openings prior to the premiere? How will we know if there is one?

Obviously, we picked a bad week to go to the park. We are getting bumped out of the park twice that week (grad night and POTC premiere), not to mention POTC and BB being closed, no Fantasmic! (or balcony dessert buffet)....ARGGHHH!

kimmybear
04-26-2006, 04:10 PM
okay wait.... (grabbing desk for balance while trying to breathe...) are you saying that the pirates premiere might not be on the 24th? i think i'm going to faint....

Mark Mywords
04-26-2006, 04:26 PM
eesh... We had already rescheduled (twice) and now are going June 26-30. I'm gonna be bummed if we the BB is closed :(

kimmybear
04-26-2006, 04:30 PM
eesh... We had already rescheduled (twice) and now are going June 26-30. I'm gonna be bummed if we the BB is closed :(

i totally agree with you! i spent over 100 bucks in re-booking fees trying to get our trip the same time as the premiere. (my friends REALLY want to see orlando bloom and co.) if they change the date, someone's going to suffer...... grr.. :mad:

SHOMan
04-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Sorry for not being clear. What I am saying is that Disney Dining told me that they had received an email today telling them that BB was closed until July 1. The movie event on the 24th is still on based on the current online schedule as disney.com.

I am trying to determine whether or not staying until the 26th will result in a ride on POTC. It seems like maybe they are not in a big rush to get it back open after the premiere event on the 24th.

In any event, it sounds like that week for those of us going that week will be "interesting" and will require patience and flexibility.

kimmybear
04-26-2006, 05:40 PM
ahh. okay. thanks for clearing that up. yes, lots of patience will be needed for that week. :) i hope BB and POTC opens in time for your trip. i'm hoping that it'll open on the 25th, but i highly doubt it. :rolleyes:

SHOMan
04-26-2006, 06:35 PM
It's gonna work out...BUT, I finally do an eight (now nine) day trip, no expense spared, first class plane tickets, etc. and I can't get on my favorite ride that has been closed every darn time I go to DL. My first trip to DL was just after POTC opened in the late 60's, and it left a lasting impression!

I think we'll pop on up to Universal on the Grad night Thursday, and I dig down deep to find the patience for the 24th. My 17 yr old DD MUST SEE Mr. Depp and Mr. Bloom, so Dad must keep his cool!

Still hoping someone out there can verfiy the info... DarkBeer? LOL.

simbaNnala101
04-26-2006, 07:26 PM
Hello I just called Disneyland resort tonight to ask questions and all the man told me was that both the blue bayou and the POTC ride would be opening on monday the 26 instead of Sunday the 25 only because Johnny Depp is re-opening the ride and he has a press conferance on Sunday. But if the ride is open then so is the resturant. The only reason the resturant is even closed (according to another cast member) is because the attmospher is ruened becuase of all of the construction. So I think you will be ok for now with booking your trip for the 26th as long as Disney stops making sudden changes 5o some odd days before the opening.

~Ash~

twist1980
04-26-2006, 07:37 PM

I'll be there the exact same dates. I'll be bummed too, but it always gives you incentive to plan another trip right?

Darkbeer
04-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Let's see, the plans are in place for the premiere to take place on Saturday the 24th, and the chances of moving it are slim and NONE.

The 25th is also clearly blocked out for a media event, and to prevent too much traffic in and around the ride while the bleachers are still standing.

This is the first I heard of them moving the Blue Bayou opening back, it has been listed on the CM reference guides as re-opening on June 26th, BUT things change all the time at Disney, and there could be many reasons for the delay, including staffing and training issues.

A special catered event will happen on the 24th and 25th, so the tables will not be set up as normal. I could see Disney wanting to take a few days to convert back to normal restaurant, and train the staff, which has been scattered over the park. I can also see them doing improvements to the kitchen and other infrastructure during this down time that would require a few days of practice before they want to work with capacity crowds.

SHOMan
04-26-2006, 08:49 PM
DarkBeer, thanks for the info.

If I understand correctly, BB may be closed on the 26th, but the ride is scheduled to be open. So, if we get to the park REAL early on the 26th and dedicate the day to waiting to ride POTC Redux, then I may be able to leave DL with a big smile on my face.

Sounds like I should call back in the AM and check again.

kimmybear
04-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Let's see, the plans are in place for the premiere to take place on Saturday the 24th, and the chances of moving it are slim and NONE.THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! you have allowed me to sleep better at night. *sigh* all is good in the world. :D :D :D :D :D

SHOMan
04-26-2006, 09:14 PM
I will report back after talking to DL in the AM. Hopefully no more changes! Glad you will be able to sleep tonight! I can only hope, I am cutting it too close for comfort.

disney lady
04-27-2006, 08:40 AM
I just called the 781-Dine # and was told that the restaurant will be opening 26th but will not be taking priority seating till July 1. It will be like it was before priority seating. You can go and put your name in when you get there. Or walk up and see how long wait is. Reservations for July 1 start May 1.

Diosabellissima
04-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Don't scare me like that! The Bayou has already been closed entirely too long. I miss the delicious sour dough rolls and deep fried sandwiches of deliciousness. : drools :

olegc
04-27-2006, 09:03 AM
Hello I just called Disneyland resort tonight to ask questions and all the man told me was that both the blue bayou and the POTC ride would be opening on monday the 26 instead of Sunday the 25 only because Johnny Depp is re-opening the ride and he has a press conferance on Sunday. But if the ride is open then so is the resturant. The only reason the resturant is even closed (according to another cast member) is because the attmospher is ruened becuase of all of the construction. So I think you will be ok for now with booking your trip for the 26th as long as Disney stops making sudden changes 5o some odd days before the opening.

~Ash~

it's not automatic that if the ride is open then the bayou is open. However, it is automatic that if the ride is closed the bayou is closed.. (remember when HMH had events there, the restaurant was closed near the end of the day for decorating - but the ride was open).

SHOMan
04-27-2006, 09:14 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to scare anybody! Yesterday the CM was quite clear about it not opening until July 1.

I called guest relations this morning and was told that POTC was scheduled to open on the 26th. I then called Disney Dine and was told that the BB will reopen prior to July 1, but no priority seating, walk-in only. The CM I spoke could not confirm opening on the 26th. She stated they have changed the date so many times that they are operating under the assumption is will open sometime the week of the 26th, but not necessarily ON the 26th. Yesterday the CM was quite clear about it not opening until July 1.

So, based on my call and the above report, it looks like the 26th is still a good bet. Fingers crossed. Thank goodness! :D

Mark Mywords
04-27-2006, 03:18 PM
I'll be there the exact same dates. I'll be bummed too, but it always gives you incentive to plan another trip right?

Hah! Way ahead of you. Already got October and December (at the DLH, no less) booked!

And it's good to hear that the Blue Bayou will be open after all!

TimBuk2
05-02-2006, 11:52 AM
My friend is staying at the Grand Californian Hotel that weekend and Disneyland sent them a letter stating the facts about the movie premiere and ride re-opening the weekend of June 24.

So as far as we can tell the Pirates 2 movie premiere is still on the 24th, with the ride officially opening on the 26th.

Disneyland will be open 6:30am - 5:00pm on June 24. If it's like 3 years ago, if you are in the park by 5pm you can stay in for the Red Carpet Walk on Main St.

I think it would be very hard for Hollywood to delay a movie premiere, they plan so far in advance.

hdlzx2
05-31-2006, 07:10 AM
Okay...will ther be a "soft opening" for BB? Can I make reservations?
Darkbeer, you would know...?

Niwel
05-31-2006, 09:43 AM
I called up last week and booked BB on my birthday -- July 2. I promise a FULL REPORT about the experience :)

twist1980
05-31-2006, 11:55 AM

From what I have heard from two different cast members when making PSA's....They will be open July 1st for PSA's. They will "most likely" be open the last week of June, but they will not be accepting any PSA's. Only walk-ups.

twist1980
05-31-2006, 11:55 AM

From what I have heard from two different cast members when making PSA's....They will be open July 1st for PSA's. They will "most likely" be open the last week of June, but they will not be accepting any PSA's. Only walk-ups.

yellowrosedtxn
06-02-2006, 06:23 PM
I just wanted to let you all know that they are taking reservations for Blue Bayou now.

Well, let me rephrase that. I e-mailed my vacation planner and asked her to get me a lunch reservation for either the 26th or 27th of June. She was able to get me one for the 27th. So, if you are going to be in the area at the time, then you might want to get your reservations made.

twist1980
06-03-2006, 10:30 AM
I just wanted to let you all know that they are taking reservations for Blue Bayou now.

Well, let me rephrase that. I e-mailed my vacation planner and asked her to get me a lunch reservation for either the 26th or 27th of June. She was able to get me one for the 27th. So, if you are going to be in the area at the time, then you might want to get your reservations made.

Thank you sooo much for posting this! I called Disney Dining and got a res for Friday, June 30th!! Yay! :D