PDA

View Full Version : Easter brunch at the Disneyland Resort

cstephens
04-18-2002, 11:14 PM
I've posted a write-up (including pictures) from our Easter brunch this year at the Disneyland Resort. If anyone's interested, please go to http://www.colddeadfish.net/easterbrunch2002.html.

Thanks!

/cs

splbound
04-19-2002, 08:01 PM
I too treated my family to the brunch at the PCH. As a matter of fact, we were both seated at the same time. We had a much different experience.

As a local resident and frequent visitor the the resort, I expected a lot more. When I arrived at the podium at 10:55 to check in for our 11:00 the host looked at his watch and said they were backed up and it would be a while. - we were seated at 11:30. the hostesses then proceeded to argue with each other. we went to the other side of the lobby where they were having an easter egg hunt for all the kids. (I have 4 girls, ages 4-12) they were excited to participate, the cast members said go, and the kids ran through the lobby. The cast member told me that all of the kids get 2 eggs. My 4 kids came back with 4 empty sacks. Only the kids in the very front of the line got anything. The cast members immediately left the scene. Oh well. then we were seated (at 11:30), and to be honest, for the price, Which was about double the price of most champagne brunches in the city, I was very disappointed. The layout looked nice, the characters were there, but the impression that I had was that they were trying to copy the Goofy's kitchen format, which in my opinion works better. the waiter, who was sweating buckets, only came to the table once - no twice he brought the check, we had to flag bus boys for drink refills and condiments.

i dont think we will be beating a path to attend next year.