PDA

View Full Version : Ratio of nights the fireworks DON'T happen?

oohykitten
04-25-2006, 09:07 PM
I heard over the last week there were a few nights they weren't able to provide them, and I know I myself have gone a few times with out them. How often does this seem to happen?

DisneyDustin22
04-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Whenever it's windy or poor weather. You can't really predict it as it tends to be a last minute decision. Unless you know that morning that winds will be high or weather will be poor for the day. They do make every attempt to have the show go on.

oohykitten
04-25-2006, 09:22 PM
I full believe that they do make every effort to make the show happen. Do you know if any time this past week they really did cancel? Co-workers were saying it was like Wed and Fri that they didn't do them.

chrisaustx
04-25-2006, 09:48 PM
They had the fireworks tonight and it was great. Just go to www.weather.com, and do a hour by hour forecast for Anaheim. If you see winds above 10 mph, at 9pm, chances are, no fireworks.

amarvel
04-25-2006, 10:13 PM
every so often it happens, you just never know, when i was there 2 weeks ago they stopped the fireworks 1/2 thru do to the winds, sometimes the higer winds can cause problems, because we didnt think it was that windy but people said that the upper winds were the problems.

The old man
04-26-2006, 02:21 PM
1:86.3

Bruce Bergman
04-26-2006, 08:56 PM
every so often it happens, you just never know, when i was there 2 weeks ago they stopped the fireworks 1/2 thru do to the winds, sometimes the higer winds can cause problems, because we didnt think it was that windy but people said that the upper winds were the problems.
There are nights when it's a 2 or 3 MPH breeze at ground level. The little white helium test balloon they release goes lazily almost straight up...

And makes a hard turn and scoots off to one side in a big hurry. :eek: You think that it's relatively calm because you're standing at ground level with the trees and buildings breaking up the wind, and 100 feet up you can easily have 15 MPH plus breezes.

That wind will send the fireworks fallout to places they can't be allowed to go, like over the residential areas to the west and northwest, or over the freeway to the northeast, or south inside the park.

We're talking about big chunks of cardboard, string and twine, and paper tubes, some still glowing. And possibly unlit 'stars' and internal elements of the shells that can be dangerous or explosive - not to mention the occasional complete dud shell that was fired into the air but didn't go off.

They already close Toontown because it regularly gets pelted with fireworks fallout, but a stiff breeze from the north can send it much further.

--<< Bruce >>--