PDA

View Full Version : Pirates promotion... bad or horrible time to visit?

annalisa
04-25-2006, 03:48 PM
hey everyone,

this is my first time posting. i just got back from disneyland a few days ago, and i need to plan another trip already.

the dates are (roughly) june 25-30... i noticed this overlaps the dates with the pirates promotions.

how bad do you all think it'll be out there that week? does anyone have any suggestions about changing the dates? june 27-29 needs to stay, but two or three days before or after is flexible.

i only get out to disneyland about once a year, so i'm hoping you guys can give me some tips!

thanks!
annalisa

ILovePoker
04-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Bad. Schools will be out and Disneyland will open early but close at 5:30. If you don't mind 60-120 minute waits then go for it but if you hate crowds I would wait until a slower month comes by.

potzbie
04-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Late June through late August is maximum tourist season.

Yes, crowds will be bad.

DL will be great -- entertainment full blast; hours of operation long; characters and photo ops will be maximum.

Malcon10t
04-25-2006, 04:03 PM
how bad do you all think it'll be out there that week? does anyone have any suggestions about changing the dates? june 27-29 needs to stay, but two or three days before or after is flexible.
thanks!
annalisaWe've changed out dates from June 23-28 to June 27-July x. NOS will be too crowded for my tastes and we want to see POTC and Fantasmic! so we are moving our dates.

annalisa
04-25-2006, 04:12 PM
thanks guys, this helps a lot...

but one more question. i read somewhere that the pirates thing is the week i'd be going, but then i did a bit more research after posting this and it looks like its going to be july 7.

did it change or was i just wrong the first time?

thanks again,
annalisa

Darkbeer
04-25-2006, 04:43 PM
thanks guys, this helps a lot...

but one more question. i read somewhere that the pirates thing is the week i'd be going, but then i did a bit more research after posting this and it looks like its going to be july 7.

did it change or was i just wrong the first time?

thanks again,
annalisa

The official release date for the movie is July 7th.

The special Disneyland event is the official Premiere of the movie, which is traditionally attended by Celebrities and others involved in the film, will be held Saturday, June 24th.

This will require Fantasmic! to go dark starting Saturday June 17th, and the Rivers of America area will be very congested from that date thru at least June 26th.

annalisa
04-25-2006, 04:52 PM
ahh...

thank you so much!

you guys are a great help:D

annalisa