PDA

View Full Version : good "table-service" food in the parks?

kimmybear
04-25-2006, 01:35 PM
does anyone have any recommendations for table-service places inside the parks? (perferably under $20/person.) i'd like to treat my friends to dinner or lunch- there will be six of us total. any help is appreciated! thanks! :D

stan4d_steph
04-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Have you looked at the reviews in the MousePlanet User Review database?

DL's only table service restaurant available to the average guest is Carnation Cafe.

DCA has the Vineyard Room (above your price range) or the Trattoria.

Wendi
04-25-2006, 01:51 PM
does anyone have any recommendations for table-service places inside the parks? (perferably under $20/person.) i'd like to treat my friends to dinner or lunch- there will be six of us total. any help is appreciated! thanks! :D

If it's open for your trip, I'd take them to the Blue Bayou in Disneyland. I think Ariel's Grotto in DCA is great with the princesses, but I think it's a bit over $20 now and you might not be into visiting with the princesses (you do get gold crowns though!)

Alex S.
04-25-2006, 02:10 PM
If Blue Bayou is open on your trip then the new Cafe Orleans will be as well (it opens a couple weeks earlier).

Don't know prices or menu yet, but after it reopens it will be a table service restaurant as well.

Over at DCA the only straight table service restaurants in the park are The Vineyard Room (might be a bit too spendy for you) and the Cove Bar (which does have a food menu).

hg0079
04-25-2006, 02:12 PM
I'd treat them to the golden horseshoe

or in DTD, House of blues

RikiGB
04-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Try the Story Teller Cafe. It is one of our favorite places to eat. The food is great and so is the service. The have many things on the menu under $20. Lunch has the best prices. The turkey club sandwich is great. The servings are large and two adults can easily share a meal. You can get to it by going out the Grand Californian entrance/exit in DCA and it is a short walk to STC. You can also call ahead to get reservations.

cstephens
04-25-2006, 04:26 PM

Just curious - is there a particular reason you want somewhere in the parks? Because it won't take as much time since you don't have to leave? There aren't very many table-service restaurants in the parks, but your choices broaden quite a bit if you include Downtown Disney and the hotels.

kimmybear
04-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Just curious - is there a particular reason you want somewhere in the parks? Because it won't take as much time since you don't have to leave? There aren't very many table-service restaurants in the parks, but your choices broaden quite a bit if you include Downtown Disney and the hotels.

i'm going to be at DL during the height of all the POTC madness (mostly the premiere and the days surrounding) and i'm scared if we leave the park, we wont be able to get back in park because of the high mass of people... i'm still a bit fuzzy on what happens if there are too many people, but i don't want to risk it. :D

thanks all for your suggestions! alas, i think the Blue Bayou is going to be closed, but it might open while we're there. i'm going to talk it over with my friends and see what they'd like. thanks again!!!

hefferdude
04-26-2006, 11:21 AM
La Trattoria in DCA has a nice italian menu at very reasonable prices.

A useful guide http://www.dlresortinfo.com/ for prices and menus.

AztecWolverine
04-28-2006, 04:54 AM
Has anyone eaten at the Carnation Cafe in the past year? How was the food? They have priority seating.
I've heard Catal is great, but maybe above budget, and I have enjoyed the Jazz Kitchen many times......But you are right--you don't want to leave the Park on that busy opening weekend, or you might not get back in!

disneyochem
04-28-2006, 05:38 AM
I like the Carnation Cafe. My kids call it the 'big food' place! The portions are big enough that we end up sharing meals instead of everyone buying their own. Lunch is nice to be able to sit down and still be a part of the park (you are right there on Main Street). Do call for PS--it is lovely having a PS at noon on a busy Saturday and being able sit down, eat and then get back to the rides!

Rhiannon8404
04-28-2006, 06:34 AM
We eat at the Carnation Cafe at least once each trip. Usually for breakfast. You do get tons of food. I order a kids breakfast meal and it's just right. They never tell me I can't because I'm a grown-up.

Frogberto
04-28-2006, 08:05 AM
How does one get to the Storytellers Cafe (or the Grand Californian) from the downtown disney monorail station? Do you have to walk around the entire hotel to get there?

stan4d_steph
04-28-2006, 08:44 AM
How does one get to the Storytellers Cafe (or the Grand Californian) from the downtown disney monorail station? Do you have to walk around the entire hotel to get there?The Downtown Disney entrance to GCH is located next to Club Libby Lu. You can either walk across the courtyard and under the monorail track, or hang a right and walk inside to get to the lobby. From there, you walk through the lobby to your left, past Acorn Gifts, and keep going until you come to Storyteller's Cafe on your left.

cirquelover
04-28-2006, 09:27 AM
We love the Carnation Cafe, it is a must do on every trip. Everything on the menu tastes wonderful and fresh.
I love that you get fresh fruit with your meal(grapes or orange slices) so I always have a ziploc bag for the extras. It makes a great healthy snack later in the day.
Even my son loves the food and he is very picky!
We love the soup so much I had to ask Chef Oscar for the recipe!

Have a great trip!

Frogberto
04-28-2006, 09:37 AM
The Downtown Disney entrance to GCH is located next to Club Libby Lu. You can either walk across the courtyard and under the monorail track, or hang a left and walk inside to get to the lobby. From there, you walk through the lobby to your left, past Acorn Gifts, and keep going until you come to Storyteller's Cafe on your left.

Thank you Stan4d_steph! I guess I always assumed that was a locked gate, since there's no "signage" there.

stan4d_steph
04-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Thank you Stan4d_steph! I guess I always assumed that was a locked gate, since there's no "signage" there.You're welcome. Note in my above post, after you go through the gate, it should be right not left to head into the hotel. I corrected the original. Enjoy your meal!

AztecWolverine
04-29-2006, 02:00 AM
We love the Carnation Cafe, it is a must do on every trip. Everything on the menu tastes wonderful and fresh.
I love that you get fresh fruit with your meal(grapes or orange slices) so I always have a ziploc bag for the extras. It makes a great healthy snack later in the day.Even my son loves the food and he is very picky!
We love the soup so much I had to ask Chef Oscar for the recipe!
Have a great trip!

What types of entrees do they serve for lunch?
Do they have any great desserts, or should we get something at the bakery nearby?