PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest Cafe

Pages : [1] 2

neffyh
04-25-2006, 12:42 PM
Do you think this is a good place too eat. Would it scare a 2 and a 1/2 month old baby. Do you recommend reservations. We are going too Downtown Disney on Sat.

kimmybear
04-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Do you think this is a good place too eat. Would it scare a 2 and a 1/2 month old baby. Do you recommend reservations. We are going too Downtown Disney on Sat.

2 and a 1/2 months is pretty young- their ears are pretty sensitive and i've heard that the Rainforest has a lot of loud music and/or sound effects which could upset the baby. reservations are recommended, esp on a weekend. :)

hg0079
04-25-2006, 12:47 PM
I think it might be stimulating for the baby, not all the tables have moving animals next to them. I think it might entertain the baby

Malcon10t
04-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Do you think this is a good place too eat. Would it scare a 2 and a 1/2 month old baby. Do you recommend reservations. We are going too Downtown Disney on Sat.I doubt it would scare the baby, but I would still be concerned about the noise level. But if you bundle the baby up and muffle the sounds with blankets, it would probably be ok. Reservations are a must if you want to eat without waiting a couple hours.

neffyh
04-25-2006, 01:05 PM
My causin, the baby, likes sound, I think. She has to sleep with the TV on, because she get scared because she thinks she is lonely. What about Tortilla Jo's. I wanted too go there last time, but we never went. Is this a good place too eat?

mckygirl99
04-25-2006, 01:08 PM
What about Tortilla Jo's. I wanted too go there last time, but we never went. Is this a good place too eat?

I like their food! They have homemade tortillas and very, very good margaritas. We eat there frequently.

animalx
04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Sorry i wouldn't go there again. Food is average not worth the wait.

mad4mky
04-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Sorry i wouldn't go there again. Food is average not worth the wait.

Second this motion.

I have been to RF Cafe's at WDW, San Francisco, Chicago and Disneyland Paris.
ALL have terrible service, over priced food..and high prices.

But, the atmosphere is cool to see. You will get to see a lot of it if you go...because the service is not the best...so you sit...a ....long...time....

Klutch
04-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Ditto: Rainforest Cafe = poor service, sub-par food and high prices. Altogether, it's a lot to pay for a neat atmosphere. A RFC opened near me when I lived in Virginia. Apparently, most folks shared my impression of the joint because it closed. Without a huge draw like a theme park, RFC would be doomed.

However, if you simply must see and enjoy the atmosphere, you should go for it. After asking about RFC on MP, you'll go for it being informed. :)

daweeze
04-25-2006, 02:17 PM
I on the other hand have had great experiences there with my 1 and 2yr olds. However, we always eat breakfast there (Good food and large portions) and I have no idea what the quality of dinner is. They have never been frightened by the animatronics or noise, but they have been experiencing them since they were as young as 6 weeks old.

Ragrobyn
04-25-2006, 02:55 PM

When we first ate there my daughter was 3 and my son was 5. As soon as the Thunder started my kids were hiding under the table! It was so funny. Well, not for them :rolleyes:

If they don't like thunderstorms think twice about it.

twist1980
04-25-2006, 03:39 PM
I love the atmosphere at Rainforest, but I'm not a big fan of their food. We've got one up here in the Seattle area and it was a big hit at first due to the theming, but most people don't go back as the food is just so-so. I agree with everyone else that the thunderstorms may be a bit much for your kiddo.

Frogberto
04-25-2006, 04:05 PM
My one year old was restless and SCARED TO DEATH by the gorillas at the Rainforest. As for adults, the service is really poor for food that was not that great. I'd try ESPN zone, Catal, or Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen.

Another Dimension
04-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Due to several of the rude Downtown Disney Rainforest help staff...

I personally suggest going somewhere else, (anywhere else), where the help are polite, courteous and where they genuinely respect the paying customers.. and don't reek like cigarettes from their break time... no matter what the theming, decor and food may be.

Corith
04-25-2006, 06:23 PM
I eat here every time I come, and have since they built it. The staff is always friendly and helpful.

They make the best electric margarita's there.

I Heart Disneyland!
04-26-2006, 12:55 AM
Personally, I'm not crazy about the food at Rainforest. And, it is really noisy and busy (meaning, a lot going on) for my taste.

geoffa
04-26-2006, 01:45 AM
Second this motion.

I have been to RF Cafe's at WDW, San Francisco, Chicago and Disneyland Paris.
ALL have terrible service, over priced food..and high prices.

But, the atmosphere is cool to see. You will get to see a lot of it if you go...because the service is not the best...so you sit...a ....long...time....

You can include the London one in that list too. Their customer service is dreadful. We waited over 45 minutes sat at our table and not one server acknowledged us. The food is average (IMHO) and the animatronics are crude. I can't see what people see in RF establishments - there are are far better and inovative places.

04-26-2006, 03:38 AM
This has been an informative thread. I've been to two Rainforest Cafés - Mall of America and one in a Chicago-area outlet mall. Both had the famous atmosphere but both also had very nice service. In fact, the Mall of America is chockablock with restaurants but we always have lunch at Rainforest, always have nice service. As for food, the portions are huge so we have our order down to a science: clam chowder for all and split an appetizer platter. We think it's pretty nice for lunch.

Just goes to show that it's not a consistent chain.

jswtsang
04-26-2006, 05:58 AM
I haven't been to the DTD one but I would advise waiting until your children are old enough to "appreciate" it because if it's something they won't remember it's probably got a long line and you'll end up near some animal that keeps making some annoying noise. Don't get me wrong, I love animals and had fun at the Rainforest Cafe in Massachusetts, but it was over an hour's wait and the food was OK but not memorable, and in general my friends and the conversation were all distracted by the many animals that just kept making noise. I'm guessing kids who are 5 and 7 would like it much better, but then again I don't have kids. I'm just comparing it with when I was 3 and went to DLR for the first time, I was terrified of the Main Street Electrical Parade, which isn't a really scary thing, and to this day, if I hear the music, I get a little flashback of that moment, sort of a deja vu...

jt

The old man
04-26-2006, 06:36 AM
Remember my "too" tip in the other thread? Your sentences would read like this:
Do you think this is a good place also eat?...We are going also Downtown Disney...
David

IdahoMike
04-26-2006, 08:46 AM
I side with most others in this thread. We weren't impressed with the food or the service at the DTD Rainforest Cafe. Average at best considering the prices. My wife has been to the Seattle RFC as well, and found it to be the same. The gorilla scared the daylights out of my then 3 1/2 yr old son, btw.

Mike

mad4mky
04-26-2006, 01:43 PM
I do have to add here...while the service at RF Cafes are awful...we LOVED eating at the one at Disneyland Paris...ONLY becuase that was the only restaraunt (I swear ;) )...in all of France that has a non-smoking section!!:D :p

Was such a treat to eat without smokers all around us.:)

But...I regress...back to DTD's RF Cafe...:fez:

Klutch
04-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Oh, I believe you, mad4mky. I have visited four continents and found non-smoking areas to be primarily a North American concept. In Europe, it seems everybody over the age of 12 is a 3-pack or more a day smoker!

RAdBadChad
04-26-2006, 02:22 PM
it is a really fun and good place to eat. I dont think that it would scare your 2 year old

RAdBadChad
04-26-2006, 02:24 PM
p.s 6 more days till i go to disneyland