PDA

View Full Version : Any discounts for large groups?

Poptart
04-25-2006, 12:13 PM
I was wondering if there are any discounts available anywhere to a family of 11 kids?
I have a friend coming out from back east and this is their one chance for the entire family to go. I cringe at the thought of how much one day at Disney will cost a family of 13.

Any suggestions?

hg0079
04-25-2006, 12:17 PM
in disney's eyes 13 isn't that large of a group...I don't think they have a family discount. I suggest looking for specials to buy tickets through travel sites.

Lani
04-25-2006, 12:54 PM
I somehow suspect you will be able to get a large group discount if you bring a group of 5,000 people.

mulansgirl
04-25-2006, 06:54 PM
I sell tickets at the San Diego Zoo, to get the group rate there has to be 17 people in the group. So I would guess since Disneyland is much more popular the group would have to be at least that big or bigger, but that is only my guess I have never checked it out. But I know what seems huge to me is not so big to huge companies. I would offer all your discount options to the ticket seller. AAA, some credit cards, travel industry, some things you think would be totaly unrelated you might get a discount for. At the zoo there is a discount for being Canadian. Like I said strange discounts. And be sure to be nice and listen to the seller. I know I am more likely to try and help find discounts for customers if they are nice back to me, You can have information ready but listen to see if they have something better or the discount you know of has some strings attached. Mostly be friendly it helps, but sometimes there is nothing the seller can do to help .

Dexter
04-25-2006, 07:09 PM
I found the following on Disneyland.com linky (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/help/detail?name=AboutThemeParksFAQDetailPage)

Disneyland® park and Disney's California Adventure™ park offer discounts for groups of fifteen or more from a qualified non-profit organization. For detailed information and prices, please contact our Group Sales office at (714) 956-6860

That may not specifically exclude you from a "group" rate, but you may want to call the Group Sales Office and ask if there's anything they can do to help you.

You may also want to see if they (someone in the family) works for a company that gets discounted attraction tickets (I know HP and National Semiconductor do), or maybe belong to a credit union that offers discount tickets (some do) or have a family member that may be able to help them get discounted tickets.

kimmybear
04-26-2006, 10:52 AM
I also know that Genentech (the biotech company based in Northern CA) has a pretty good discount if you live in southern CA. :)