PDA

View Full Version : Problem tickets - Friday or Monday?

bbangel
04-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Just got the ticket vouchers from Air Miles. They have sold us the Adults pay Kids price tickets so we have to use them the day we get there or they are useless. Wasn't in our plan as we won't arrive until late afternoon. Sigh. The person who booked the tickets didn't know the right questions to ask and we thought we were just getting regular tickets. So my problem now is we have to give up one of our planned days at Disneyland. Two options are to go on Saturday or Monday. Both days we have to leave around 4 as we have baseball tickets. I know that Saturdays tend to be crowded. Should we go on Saturday or Monday?

Niwel
04-25-2006, 10:52 AM
I know that Saturdays tend to be crowded. Should we go on Saturday or Monday?

my thought: If you have to leave early anyway -- I'd say go Monday... on Saturday hang out at Downtown Disney and see the Grand Californian before the game....

bbangel
04-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Thanks so much. Do you know if it is possible to upgrade those tickets to five days from four?

samkj
04-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Yes you can upgrade them, but you will be paying the full price difference. The gate price is $219 for a 5 day hopper, $179 for pre-purchase. Honestly If I were you I would get on the phone with whoever you got the tickets from. They should correct the error in ticketing for you and overnight the correct tickets.

hg0079
04-25-2006, 11:56 AM
I agree with Sam

bbangel
04-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it is a case of us not knowing what to ask for, it's not the company's fault. We will still have lots of time in the park, we just have to rearrange a little. I think we'll go on Monday and spend Saturday relaxing and recovering from our commando day on Friday. I can hardly wait to be there. Only two more sleeps!:)

DianeM
04-25-2006, 02:38 PM
I don't think it really is your fault. When you work through an agency it's their job to know the right questions. That's why people use ticket agents. It never hurts to ask politely if they agency you bought the tickets through can upgrade them to another package, or even refund you the ticket price so that you can buy tickets through Disney before you travel (even if there isn't time to have them shipped, you can buy in advance and get will call tickets).

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it is a case of us not knowing what to ask for, it's not the company's fault. We will still have lots of time in the park, we just have to rearrange a little. I think we'll go on Monday and spend Saturday relaxing and recovering from our commando day on Friday. I can hardly wait to be there. Only two more sleeps!:)

experiment626
04-26-2006, 08:01 PM
This is totally the TA fault. They should have known by your travel dates that you would need regular tickets not tickets that expire the day you arrive. Get on the phone and request (or even demand) that they get you the right tickets.

Darkbeer
04-26-2006, 09:17 PM
AirMiles is a Frequent Shopper program popular in Canada, many different types of stores participate. You redeem the earned points for travel products. Sounds like they ordered the "special' tickets thru AirMiles, it is not a type of travel agent.

Darkbeer
04-26-2006, 09:18 PM
I vote for skipping Saturday, and going Monday. Monday should be a lot less busy, and you would get a lot more done.

TowerofTerror
04-26-2006, 09:23 PM
I say go ON Monday