PDA

View Full Version : MouseAdventure and Crowds 4/29-30

mkcbunny
04-24-2006, 06:58 PM
I tried posting this question in one of the many "how crowded?" threads, but I think it got buried in there.

Can anyone commment on how MouseAdventurers might impact DCA and DL this coming weekend? Will DCA be really busy Sunday, or are the gamers so intent on their tasks that they don't do attractions during game hours? Also, do most MouseAdventurers leave before Sunday night, or do they tend to hang around? How many MA people come, anyway. Is it a large enough number to worry about? [We thought about doing it this year, but my friend wasn't up for it.]

Thanks. Leaving in five days!!!!! I get shivers just thinking about it.

AVP
04-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Can anyone commment on how MouseAdventurers might impact DCA and DL this coming weekend? Will DCA be really busy Sunday, or are the gamers so intent on their tasks that they don't do attractions during game hours? Also, do most MouseAdventurers leave before Sunday night, or do they tend to hang around? How many MA people come, anyway. Is it a large enough number to worry about?MouseAdventure tends to have little impact on attraction wait times, as our teams are usually so heads-down trying to find the 13th hidden Mickey from the left that they don't have time or energy to stand in line for Space Mountain. We also try to write quests in such a way to minimize our impact on the "day guests" and cast members.

We're expecting fewer than 400 players this time around, and the game is Sunday only. Honestly, any high school marching band brought in for Magic Music Days has a *much* large impact on the parks than does a MouseAdventure game.

AVP

Wesley815
04-24-2006, 07:49 PM
A few hundred Disney AP'ers from a website won't have *ANY* effect on 50,000 to 70,000 normal day guests. That's less than 1% of the crowd.

Niwel
04-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Also, do most MouseAdventurers leave before Sunday night, or do they tend to hang around?

Some hang around -- but most are too tired to move :)

mkcbunny
04-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the info. "13th Hidden Mickey from the left"—good thing I didn't sign up to do it; I would have failed big time. Hope everyone who is doing it has a blast!

cstephens
04-24-2006, 09:08 PM
Depending on how the food and wine festival does, that might increase crowds at DCA this weekend since it's the first weekend of that.

Darkbeer
04-25-2006, 07:07 AM
Depending on how the food and wine festival does, that might increase crowds at DCA this weekend since it's the first weekend of that.

I seriously doubt that the event will have much effect, there has been no real advertising of the event, besides the e-mail to AP holders.

But I am SOOOOO Glad that MouseAdventure was not last weekend. MA and the last weekend for 2fers would not have been fun!

cstephens
04-25-2006, 07:11 AM
So you missed the part where I said "might"...

Alex S.
04-25-2006, 07:23 AM
Adrienne covered it but with about 450 players, on a normal day at DCA we might comprise as much as 2% of the in-park crowd at DCA which isn't insignificant but shouldn't really impact people, particularly in ride queues.

I am concerned about what might happen with Food & Wine but we'll see how it goes and have certainly had to deal with unexpectedly dense crowds at previous events so we'll get through it.

When scheduling MouseAdventure came up the final choice ended up being between 4/23 and 4/30. I too am very glad we didn't choose 4/30.

Wesley815
04-25-2006, 08:17 AM
...at DCA we might comprise as much as 2%Ooo... 2%, sorry I was so wrong! :rolleyes:

cstephens
04-25-2006, 09:53 AM
When scheduling MouseAdventure came up the final choice ended up being between 4/23 and 4/30. I too am very glad we didn't choose 4/30.

Alex is very tired this morning...

hg0079
04-25-2006, 10:16 AM
call me a newbie

what is mouse adventures?

Andrew
04-25-2006, 10:23 AM
call me a newbie

what is mouse adventures?
www.mouseplanet.com/mouseadventure

AVP
04-25-2006, 11:41 AM
When scheduling MouseAdventure came up the final choice ended up being between 4/23 and 4/30. I too am very glad we didn't choose 4/30.Uh....? Did you have the game last weekend and everyone missed it?

AVP
- who told you 4/23 would be a *bad* weekend!

hg0079
04-25-2006, 11:55 AM
wow this looks like fun