PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions special [anniversary] trip

mulansgirl
04-24-2006, 03:45 PM
I am going to DL for three days with my husband on May first for our one year aniversary. We also came for our honeymoon. We go about once a month except the time there was nightmare GiftWithPurchase coins then we went once a week. I want this to be a very special trip. We are DVC members, AP holders, Disney Visa holders and AAA members.Pin tradders. We also play VMK but have so far done all the quests. I plan on useing the visa promotion where you get the free photo at DCA. I was wondering if you had any sugestions for a really great inexpensive trip, you all seem to have great ideas or if you know of any other offers than the visa photo. reading other threads I was reminded of things I have never done at disneyland like the main street transportation, and taking a picture in front of the castle. funny I have gone at least once a year all my life (thank you grandma) and yet have never done those things. Also I really enjoyed the VMK quest do you have any ideas on something like that? I really want this trip to stand out. We will be using DVC points to stay at the Grand Californian. so the hotel bill is very low. I think our one splurge might be the dinner on the aniversary.
I thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

By the way you all rock. I have never joined a group like this but how could you not, with all this disney love I am at home

Jewels
04-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Congrats on your one year anniversary. We stayed at the DLH on our three year anniversary. I would call Vacation Planning 714-300-7526 and see if they could do something for you. We had chocolate dipped strawberries in our room when we arrived. And I had a special cake made as a surprise for my husband. It was really nice. They put the castle and tink on it. And piped on a banner around the cake that said Happy Anniversary My Prince Charming.

kisroo
04-24-2006, 08:08 PM
And I had a special cake made as a surprise for my husband. It was really nice. They put the castle and tink on it. And piped on a banner around the cake that said Happy Anniversary My Prince Charming.

Awwww!!!!

Can you upgrade to concierge with your DVC points?? If so, there's nothing more romantic than watching the fireworks from the GCH craftsman lounge~in my humble opinion. If you do stay concierge, let the concierge desk know that it's your anniversary and see if you can arrange their special turn down with rose petals. The concierge staff has always been fantastic when we've stayed there. They can arrange some fun things. They delivered chocolate dipped strawberries to our room and decorated our room and bed with roses and rose petals. That was veeeerrrry romantic to come "home" to after a day in the park. :)

I agree with Jewely. Vacation planning is wonderful and they have some cute things. Some of them are inexpensive. You could also buy something special at the park and have someone leave it in the room while you're gone.

In Disneyland park, stop by Snow White's Grotto at dusk to steal a princess/prince moment or two. Triton's garden is also nice for a quiet get away. A ride on the upper deck of the Mark Twain at dusk can be pretty romantic. Peter Pan is one of my favorite rides to snuggle. The Big Thunder Trail between Frontierland and Fantasyland is wonderfully romantic and another nice way to steal a moment with your hunny.

In Disney's California Adventure, I think there's nothing better than holding onto your sweetie as you plunge down the Tower of Terror!! :~D ;) A nice just before sunset dinner along Paradise Pier is wonderful. The walk along Grizzly River Trail has some nice sit and enjoy each other spots, too.

Man!!! Do I really have to wait until next year for another romantic trip!?!?!?! ;)

Happy Anniversary! Have a fantastic time!

~kisroo:)

hg0079
04-25-2006, 10:32 AM
how about creating a fun scavanger hunt for him to follow...

Bring your camera and get your picture taken EVERYWHERE and scrapbook it

Do Siloettes

Get your splash mountain picture and kiss

Get Mickey Ears that say "I'm His" and I'm Her's"

Ride the carosel

Bring "sparkling cider" (in a breakproof container) and plastic champaine glasses and toast at the castle at dusk

mulansgirl
04-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Great ideas, thank you. I love to hear about others romantic getaways. I have always thought the last car on casy Jr. was romantic. And I love the hats with I'm his/hers. About the concierge service I cannot find out Husband booked the room and wants to supprise me with which room we will be in. So I am staying away and letting him choose that sort of stuff. I'm sure it will be great. And we will deffinatly be bringing the camera. I was thinking of a scavenger hunt, would a photo hunt be best. ie. picture of visitor soaked from splash mountain, child so tired they fell asleep. Adults so tired they fell asleep. I see a lot of that when I go. Any sugestions on hunt items?

And thak you for the phone number I am sure it will be very helpfull.

Don't wait, it makes it even more special and romantic if it is for no reason at all. have a just beacuse I love you this much romantic trip.
Again thank you for all the help and keep it comming if you don't mind.

Jewels
04-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Might also be fun to get a picture in each of the golden ride vehicles.

Be sure to tell CM's at the hotel and places you eat you are there for your anniversary. You never know what kind of surprises they can come up with.

It was not very busy when we were there in 2003. When hubby talked to a CM we even got our own boat at dusk on Storybook.

hg0079
04-26-2006, 09:58 AM
I am glad you like my idea for the hats....it's also something to keep!

mulansgirl
04-27-2006, 02:37 PM
I have the feeling I will be so happy and excited I will be telling anyone who will listen "One year, YAY" and probably some who don't. oups.

That was really nice of them to give you your own boat. Very Romantic. How was the guide on the boat did he/she do the regular script or did they kinda make it more special? Just wondering, if you don't mind sharring.

We have gold ears so I think we should Find another kind for the His/Hers. but I dont think you can do it on the wedding hats they seem to have changed the veil hat to a ears headband and I'm know when they had the top hats you couldent sew on them, but I don't even kow if they have them any more. But there a lots of ears to choose from now so I am sure we will find good ones.