PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Royal Buffet for Mother's Day anyone?

wenderella
04-24-2006, 02:59 PM
HEY MPer's. Has anyone been to this Mother's Day event? I think we're going to make a quick jog down there, and I know that's where I want to be for Mother's Day. Just wondering if it is worth the $60 or so to go?

cstephens
04-24-2006, 03:35 PM
We've been going every year for about 5 or 6 years. This is the first time we're missing it since we've been going because we'll be out of town.

I've posted a number of reviews that you might be interested in. Go to this link (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrdining.html), and scroll down to "Disneyland Hotel", and you'll find 3 reviews for the Mother's Day Brunch. If you are interested in going, I'd suggest calling immediately for reservations as the middle times go pretty quickly, so you might be stuck with going very early (9:30ish) or very late (1:30ish).

spectromen
04-27-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm thinking about it but it's tought to justify when Catal has a really nice menu at $25/person the same day.
Has anyone seen anything official about the brunch online? I can't find it on the Disneyland site.

cstephens
04-27-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm thinking about it but it's tought to justify when Catal has a really nice menu at $25/person the same day.
Has anyone seen anything official about the brunch online? I can't find it on the Disneyland site.

I don't know that I recall seeing any info about the special holiday buffets on the website. I believe it was in the last AP newsletter.

And as much as I like Catal, you can't really compare the two. The Disney buffet has a much wider selection, the ambience and characters. I'd love to try Catal for Mother's Day sometime, but that's not going to be possible because their food wouldn't appeal to my parents.