PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland College Program Is Back!

Niwel
04-24-2006, 12:56 PM
This is so exciting! After months of telling everyone that the CP is no more -- it has returned (http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/disneycollegeprogram/dlr/index.html).
It is not a summer program .... but there are PLENTY of networking opportunities.
For more about the DLCP, check out Cast Place (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=cp030416sl)

samkj
04-24-2006, 01:10 PM
My cousin worked at DL when she was in college. She loved it!

TrueRomance
04-24-2006, 01:59 PM
I was lucky enough to be part of the College Program summer of 1997. I worked Splash Mountain and did Guest Control for practically every show that summer: Lion King Parade, Fantasmic, Hercules parade, Pocahontas at the Fantasy Land Theater, and the infamous Light Magic. The next year in school I was a Disney representative on my campus for the program. I met some of my best friends that summer and we still keep in contact. Ended up moving to L.A after college with a couple of my Disney friends. A year ago we had a mini reunion with some of my college program friends at a wedding.

That was the best summer of my life, so glad I did it. I highly recommend the program to anyone interested in Disney or theme parks in general.

If anyone has any questions on the program, please feel free to send me a PM. Of course, I am sure it has change in the last 9 years.

hg0079
04-25-2006, 12:32 PM
WHen I attended college in fullerton, many students worked at disneyland and the rest of us had passes....it's part of going to school down there so YEAH for it back

Klutch
04-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Bummer it's only for students in the Anaheim area, but cool nonetheless.

Niwel
04-26-2006, 10:10 AM
I hope that will expand soon -- I guess it is so you can go to school and work at the same time -- whereas at WDW, you take off for a semester.

Klutch
04-26-2006, 11:01 AM
Don't count on it. The big issue in Anaheim is housing. Disney doesn't own thousands of acres there where they can build dorms like they did in Orlando. And, since the cost of housing is so high in OC, I wouldn't expect Disney to lease any apartments for the College Program.

Niwel
04-26-2006, 11:25 AM
When I was there in the summer program, we were spread around Oakwood in Irvine -- rent came out of our salary.

TrueRomance
04-26-2006, 03:35 PM
When I was there in '97 we lived in the furnished Oakwood Apartments in Anaheim, on Brookhurst. Another group lived a few miles away in non Oakwood apts off of Harbor. $90 a week (I think) were taken out of our checks to pay the rent. So that is $360 a month per person--4 people in a 2 bedroom for $1440 a month. I know at the time we could have rented them for less ourselves.

To bad Disney cannot negotiate some reduced rates for the summer for the program. I loved my roomates and had a great summer.

Niwel, we might have known some of the same people. I know a few people who returned for the 1998 program.