PDA

View Full Version : DLR - September 2007

honeymoon @disney
04-23-2006, 10:54 PM
Hello everyone,

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon to Southern California in September, 2007. I know, it's a long ways away, but I'm a real planner! We're planning to leave from here (BC, Canada) on Monday, September 10th by plane, and stay in Anaheim (probably the Candy Cane Inn) until Saturday. During this time we'll go to DCA and Disneyland. Then to L.A. for 2 nights to see Universal Studios, and maybe Hollywood, and then San Diego for 5 days to see Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Wild Animal Park and Legoland. I was hoping for any advice you can give me. Specifically:
Do you know of any large rides/attractions that will be shut down at this time?
I have little travel experience, and need to know when to start making reservations and booking flights, etc. If I book early, will I miss out on deals that occur closer to my travel date?
I'm a huge Disneyland fan, and am planning a lot, but want to have time to see it all. Most people say that you need 3 days to see DCA and Disneyland. However, will I be able to spend 5 days there without getting bored? Also, we'll be leaving on a Saturday, so we'll only have one "weekend night" (Friday). Will the park be closing earlier during the week, and if so, will one late night be enough, or should we stay the weekend and make our L.A. visit a day trip?

If anyone has any other advice regarding DLR, or the other places we'll be visiting, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

ministrychick77
04-24-2006, 02:48 PM
congrats!! me and my hubby also had our honeymoon in sept. 05 at disneyland. 5 days at the park will fly by. i don't think much info is out yet on what rides will be down then. i'd suggest checking out disney's official website, and registering on as many disney message boards as you can and just ask away!

hope you have fun!!!

tinker3
04-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Congrats, you will have a blast! In my book the sooner the better when it comes to making reservations, I have been upset too many times when a hotel I wanted sold out! CCI is a great hotel and does book quick. You also might want to try getawaytoday.com it's a great site I use a lot. They do not have CCI but a lot of other great hotels and they are almost always the least expensive way to go. I believe they also book trips to San Diego, including tickets etc.

5 days is not too long. Take your time, tour the hotel properties, see a lot of the shows, Alladin, Snow White etc. As far as early evenings, when the resort closes go down to downtown Disney and enjoy the nightlife. Have Fun!:)

Osky
04-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Snow White etc. I know you mean the shows in general, but I just wanted to mention that Snow White stage show will not be running after this summer. I agree that you will not be bored if you go for five days, but we are all Disney freaks here!

hg0079
04-25-2006, 01:29 PM
I would suggest doing DL, CA, DowntownD and relax, CA, DL....for the five days.

As for San Diego activities don't worry about purchasing tickets too soon their price is fixed.

I suggest going to Mideavil times too for a dinner show...it's worth the extra $10 per person to get royalty treatment.

Sept hrs are shorter than summer hours but I don't know about week vs weekend hrs.

As for rides down, that is too soon to know

And while in Sandiego don't forget the beach.

I grew up around the town where legoland is, I haven't gone but when I visit family I pass by....don't try to compare it to DL you will be disappointed.

honeymoon @disney
04-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Thanks everyone! Its so nice to be able to ask questions and not feel dumb. I did just think of one more though...

I'm alright with heights and motion stimulators, but get a little sick when I go around in circles a lot. The largest ride I've been on is the tilt-a-whirl and the gravitron. I've been on one rollercoaster, a wooden one with no loops.

I want to go on everything at DL and DCA, except maybe Tower of Terror. Do you think I should just avoid eating when going on the large rides? It seems so tempting to get a tasty treat from a Disney shop to eat in the queue, but I dont want to regret it... Any suggestions?

kimmybear
04-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanks everyone! Its so nice to be able to ask questions and not feel dumb. I did just think of one more though...

I'm alright with heights and motion stimulators, but get a little sick when I go around in circles a lot. The largest ride I've been on is the tilt-a-whirl and the gravitron. I've been on one rollercoaster, a wooden one with no loops.

I want to go on everything at DL and DCA, except maybe Tower of Terror. Do you think I should just avoid eating when going on the large rides? It seems so tempting to get a tasty treat from a Disney shop to eat in the queue, but I dont want to regret it... Any suggestions?

i've got a strong stomach- did the Tower of Terror many times in a row and Screamin' (and the loop) five times in a row AFTER dinner and i was fine. but those tilt-a-whirl things? i draw the line. those wreak havoc on any strong stomach.
but if you want to go on the larger rides, try going before eating, and if you feel okay, you can go on it after you eat. trial and error? have fun, though! :D

prncsmsj
05-23-2006, 09:13 AM
The Gravitron thing is the only ride in the world that makes me sick. Nothing at DL makes me sick like that ride does. Just go lsow at first and figure out how things make you feel. In 5 days, you should have plenty of time to figure that out.

Other - CCI is fantastic; we love it. When you get tickets next year, I would look into the Southern California City Pass. Currently, it has a 3-day Park Hopper, a 1-day ticket to SeaWorld, a 1-day ticket to the San Diego Zoo or Wild Animal Park, and a 1-day ticket to Universal Studios for $175. You can upgrade the 3-day to 5 days at DL. It is a really good deal.

bradk
05-23-2006, 09:19 AM
remember, that citypass price is when you purchase it through costco/costco.com only. the actual adult price is around $200.

and if you upgrade the ticket, you get the assigned pro-rated value for the ticket and you'll need to pay the full gate price difference.

it is a great deal if you can make use of it though.