PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the So Cal City pass?

Skunker
04-23-2006, 10:00 AM
I think this is an unbelievable deal - almost too good to be true. You get to 3 days at DL, 1 day at SW and 1 day at either the zoo, wild animal park or universal? All for a very reasonable price compared to seperate admission.
Has anyone used this pass? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

SneakyStella
04-23-2006, 10:13 AM
We used the City Pass for our family vacation in So Cal in 04. It worked wonderfully and saved us lots of money. Enjoy your trip!

SuefromRI
04-23-2006, 11:00 AM
We used it in Aug 03, when the extra park was Knotts and it was easy and saved us money cuz we flew in and out of SD, so went to the zoo and to SW before flying out. Now that they have switched it to USH I think it is an even better deal. Be aware that at DL the first time we used it, we had to go to Guest R to trade the vouchers for tickets, but you can do it later in the day and not waste valuable time in the morning.

Darkbeer
04-23-2006, 02:35 PM
FYI, Costco, or Costco.com is the best place to buy the SoCal CityPass, just $175 per adult, a $25 savings.

kiwifuz
04-23-2006, 03:40 PM
We used the citypass on our trip this past Nov/Dec and it worked out real well.

Just an fyi, if you get the cheaper deal through costco (which even if you're not a member is cheaper because the non-member upcharge is 5%) the amount that the DL parkhopper shows as the amount you paid is what it would be if you had paid full price for the citypass. So if you're looking at turning your hopper into an annual pass the costco price is even better. So the back of our hoppers showed $139.00 but we paid $165 for the whole pass through costco so it was an absolutely great deal (they were a bit cheaper when Knott's was on last year's pass). I mean it was almost like everything else was a great bonus on top of disney.

We stopped at a ticket booth the night before to trade our citypass vouchers in for the disneyland hoppers. I didn't want to have to wait in the lines in the morning to get the hoppers. If I recall correctly though (obviously i can't say about universal) we just went through the turnstiles at the gates of the other locations on the pass and they just tore out the appropriate coupon, we didn't need to trade anything in anywhere else.

BQ2
04-23-2006, 06:57 PM
My sister in law came down from seattle and used the s d city pass. They had no problems with the pass and enjoyed the price.

mulansgirl
04-25-2006, 07:47 PM
they are a great value. One thing about getting them a costco they do not seem to tell you all the stuff like when a ticket seller sells them to you so here is the speal: The so cal city pass will get you into disneyland (park hopper) for three days, Universal Studios Hollywood for one day, SeaWorld for one day, and your choice of The San Diego Zoo or The San Diego zoo's Wild Animal Park. Which is a very hard decision to make. Be sure not to rip out the coupons yourself, if you do they will be void, unless the person at the turnstyle is being nice. You have fourteen days to use the coupons. At the SD Zoo they are considered Best Value tickets that includes the Guided bus tour, the Express bus, and the skyfari unlimited use the entire day you are there. They do not include parking but if you do choose the SD zoo there is no charge for parking (never is, which is strange cause you have to pay for parking to eat dinner at some places here). I know at the Zoo and Wild animal park you do not have to wait in line just go right to the turnstyle. This will save you a lot of waisted time. Oh and important do not lose the tickets they are no replaceable, and have a nice stay in california. big grin and wave goodbye
I think that is all of it.

Darkbeer
04-25-2006, 08:13 PM
The San Diego Zoo is part of Balboa Park, which is a public park, and by City Charter, cannot charge for parking.

They do charge at the Wild Animal Park, which is on land owned by the Zoological Society.

hg0079
04-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Darkbeer, you beat me to the answer...I finally knew something