PDA

View Full Version : Silhouettes on Main Street

Pages : [1] 2

LilysMom2003
04-23-2006, 06:35 AM
There's a store on Main Street that does the black silhouettes of your profile. Just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes and the cost. I was thinking about having one made for my mother (with my daughter's profile) for Mother's Day. TIA!

GrumpyUTboi
04-23-2006, 06:59 AM
It took the lady about 15 minutes to do my sons and my daughters. I think the cost was about 10 per couple. Anyway, the lady that did ours was fast and very friendly. We are going to do this week.

hlbtimes2
04-23-2006, 07:42 AM
Its fast, cheap and one of the best souvenirs in the park! I think its $7 for a single person. A couple dollars more if you want a character in gold included. An oval frame is $9. For about $40 we had each child done. My son has Mickey on his, and my daughter has Tinkerbell with her. Both are framed, and you get an extra silhoutte as well- it will be tucked on the back- so you'll get one for you and one for your mom!

I Heart Disneyland!
04-23-2006, 01:53 PM
My hubby and I had one done last year and it was very reasonable! I think like $15.00 framed. :) It's cute!

PanFan
04-23-2006, 06:58 PM
It's so much fun to watch them do it too--their skill with the scissors is amazing!

I actually found a Captain Hook cutout in the trash while waiting to get one done and the lady said she was practicing and had messed up (I didn't see where). She said I could keep it. The next time I was at DL, I bought a frame and rubber cemented him to the mat just like they do for the regular sillhouettes. He's one of the prizes of my Peter Pan collection!

LilysMom2003
04-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Thanks so much! We'll be doing this tomorrow! Can't wait! Nice to hear it's pretty inexpensive too!

MamaD
04-24-2006, 06:22 AM
We did my 2 yo dd's in Feb, it was $7. When we had my ds' done (Feb '00), it was $5! It takes literally about one minute, and they give you two copies, they peel apart, so one is the reverse. My grandma has my aunt (she just turned 50), mine (I'm 37), my sister (35), cousin (22), and my kids (7, 2). I think it's the coolest souvenier in the park!!!

hlbtimes2
04-24-2006, 08:01 AM
It's so much fun to watch them do it too--their skill with the scissors is amazing!

It is fun to watch. We talked to the woman while she did it. She had been doing it over 25 years. At that time there were 3 CM's that could do it. Two of them had been their over 25 years, and one had been there 10 or so.

Crazy4DL
04-24-2006, 09:01 AM
How have I missed this? which shop is it in? sorry, probably stoopid question. ;)

hlbtimes2
04-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Its about a store or two away from the "porch", on the same side of the street. If you were walking toward the castle, it would be BEFORE the porch. Its sort of a little spot stuck in between a couple of other stores. There are usually samples in the windows- watch for them, and you'll find it.

yellowrosedtxn
04-24-2006, 11:22 AM
I had this done for each of my kids and myself in the gold last summer. The kids decided they wanted to get one done of themself with a character of their choosing. I think this coming summer I would like to get the ones of them in black done. I really need to get some of the picture frames too so I can share the other ones with my dad.

Crazy4DL
04-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Its about a store or two away from the "porch", on the same side of the street. If you were walking toward the castle, it would be BEFORE the porch. Its sort of a little spot stuck in between a couple of other stores. There are usually samples in the windows- watch for them, and you'll find it.

Thanks, Linda! I will pay better attention when we are down this summer. Seems like a wonderful idea. :)

mad4mky
04-24-2006, 11:59 AM
The silhouettes are true treasures.:)

I have had them done for each of my girls when they were toddlers. Then, one with my oldest and middle child (I didn't expect that we would have a third!)...and then again later with all 3 girls.

When I got divorced from my daughter's father...the ONE thing I took off the walls...their baby pictures and silhouettes. They are my treasures.:D

socaltexan02
04-24-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm glad I read this. I've seen them in the store window but never really considered doing it...I'm glad to know it's so inexpensive! Does the subject have to sit still long? My daughters are 4 and almost 2. :cool:

hlbtimes2
04-24-2006, 12:23 PM
They'll be fine- even at the those ages. It really only takes a couple minutes, and they can move around a little bit while its done. The first one we had done my kids were 22 months and 5, the last one they were 3 and 7.
The 3 year old did not want to get it done, and they still managed to do it!

capst
04-24-2006, 12:54 PM
We had all 4 of our kids done when they each around 4 or 5. The oldest one has been on the wall for over 14 years. They are a great cheap souvineer of the park.

PanFan
04-24-2006, 03:31 PM
I remember my parents getting my sister and me done when I was probably 5 or 6. My sister (2 or 3) did a better job sitting still than I did! They have a Fab Five display for you to look at and it doesn't take long. Even as squirmy as I was, they turned out great. And I LOVE the one I got done last year of my then fiancee and me. Framing is a must! (Find the 24 hidden Mickey's in the frame!)

kimmybear
04-24-2006, 05:24 PM
is there a maximun to how many people you can get in the picture? i'd like to do it if i could get 6 people in, but that seems like a lot. :D

hlbtimes2
04-24-2006, 08:26 PM
I dont think 6 people would fit, but you could ask. I know they had a neat one on display that was 3 generations.

Rhiannon8404
04-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Just from reading this thread, we've decided that the next time we are downt here we are getting my son's silhouette done. Since our trip will likely be over Thanksgiving, we will be giving them to the grandparents for Christmas!

Wendi
04-24-2006, 09:05 PM
I have my own silouhette from when I was a little girl, and I've got my son Max's too. Last year I decided to go in and buy frames for them since I never got a frame (and neither did my mom!) We ended up going to the Character Wharehouse store one rainy morning on the trip and they had the frames there for $1!!! I was so happy... what are the chances of actually finding something you WANT there, and since I was planning on getting them anyway, what a deal!

I Heart Disneyland!
04-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Thanks, Linda! I will pay better attention when we are down this summer. Seems like a wonderful idea. :)

You really need these for your grandbabies, Ruthie! They are so adorable. (Hubby and I got one last year!) ;)

LilysMom2003
04-25-2006, 08:05 AM
Well, we had a fabulous time at the park yesterday and the silhouettes are AMAZING. My 2yo is pretty squirmy but it only took a few seconds and the silhouettes really look like her. My DH was pretty skeptical but he was amazed in the end. I paid $44 for 4 silhouettes (you get two for $7) and three frames. The frames were $9 each. We're giving them to the grandmas for Mother's Day. This is the BEST thing ever! So glad we discovered it. Thanks again for the info!

Crazy4DL
04-25-2006, 09:45 AM
You really need these for your grandbabies, Ruthie! They are so adorable. (Hubby and I got one last year!) ;)

I have it on my must do list for this next visit! :) ;)

I Heart Disneyland!
04-25-2006, 01:46 PM
I have it on my must do list for this next visit! :) ;)

I will take a photo of exactly where it is when I'm there soon, that way you will know just where to go. ;) ;)