PDA

View Full Version : Are there any references to the Tower of Terror Movie?

The old man
04-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Just watched the TOT made for TV movie that was made in 1997 to plug the ride at WDW. Not a great movie, but not a bad family movie. Are there any references to the movie at DCA's (or for that matter WDW's) TOT--beside the building itself of course? Or are all the references to TZ TV shows?

David

DisneyDustin22
04-22-2006, 09:43 AM
Yes. Steve Guttenberg sells popcorn now outside the exit.

MrTomMorrow
04-22-2006, 04:51 PM

Haha... that's hilarious.

No, it's still based on the old Twilight Zone TV show... as far as I know, there aren't any references to the TV movie.

Mark Mywords
04-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Depends what you mean by references...
The lobby setup is similar in the movie.
Also, I'm pretty sure that when you see the five people get "Zapped" in the hallway, the footage is the same five actors that played those characters in the TV movie.

DianeM
04-22-2006, 06:50 PM
The elevator scene, with the child star, the young couple, and the old lady, is from the movie, if I remember correctly. They flash it just before you start falling.

Just watched the TOT made for TV movie that was made in 1997 to plug the ride at WDW. Not a great movie, but not a bad family movie. Are there any references to the movie at DCA's (or for that matter WDW's) TOT--beside the building itself of course? Or are all the references to TZ TV shows?

David

RStar
04-22-2006, 09:37 PM
The ride came first. They made the movie to sell the ride.

There for, there are ride references in the movie, not the other way around. In DCA's TOT there are a lot of Twilight Zone references, even props. No room for any other references I guess.

~Bob

darph nader
04-23-2006, 04:16 PM

ROFLMAO:p
I tried watching the movie,PU!

Alex S.
04-24-2006, 11:07 AM
They sell the movie in the gift shop (or at least once did).

Niwel
04-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Yup -- movie at gift shop (I bought the book when I was at WDW).
The whole "she's a witch" subplot is absent from both attractions. The look in the lobby is the same. The bellboy and the nanny in the attraction are older than in the movie; the actress doesn't blink against the flash of lightning in the movie; the little girl (Sally Shine) does leave the elevator to take a picture and is pulled back in. Other than that, there isn't much (even the bulletin boards as you exit don't refer to any of the movie stuff.

Mark Mywords
04-24-2006, 11:17 AM
ROFLMAO:p
I tried watching the movie,PU!

Yep, it's pretty bad. My son loves it, though. He's completely obsessed with TOT and watches this movie every chance he gets!

The old man
04-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Yup -- movie at gift shop (I bought the book when I was at WDW).
The whole "she's a witch" subplot is absent from both attractions. The look in the lobby is the same. The bellboy and the nanny in the attraction are older than in the movie; the actress doesn't blink against the flash of lightning in the movie; the little girl (Sally Shine) does leave the elevator to take a picture and is pulled back in. Other than that, there isn't much (even the bulletin boards as you exit don't refer to any of the movie stuff.
Thanks for the details. I might have thought they would put some of the witch's stuff in the basement--but I guess not.
David