PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian

Tams
04-22-2006, 06:30 AM
I thought I would post to see if I could find out if anyone else had ever found something "missing" from their hotel room at the Grand Californian (or any other Disneyland Resort Hotel). I stayed at the Grand Californian last October and my ruby bracelet disappeared from my room. I am pretty sure that I did not lose it because it was in my carry-on until I got to the hotel room. I had it in a jewelry role that was on the vanity, it was the only piece of expensive jewelry that I brought with me. On the second morning of our trip, I went to put on some jewelry and it was missing. I scoured the room for it but could not find it anywhere. I understand that I should have placed it in the safe, but I felt comfortable enough at the time leaving it out in my room (if you can't feel comfortable at Disneyland where can you?). I contacted the hotel staff, but nothing was really done about it. This was understandable since I really couldn't prove that the bracelet went missing from my room. This has just left a really bad feeling about staying there. I have learned my lesson (an expensive one) but wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience?

kisroo
04-22-2006, 08:39 AM
No I haven't. I've left my camera, video camera and such in the room and never had a problem. We even had to label money left on the table for the Mousekeeping so they would take it. The first day we left a few dollars out for a tip and no one picked them up! I'm sorry to hear about your jewelry. :(

Did you talk with a manager or perhaps someone in the security department??

That's what I would do. Immediately.

Good luck!

~kisroo:)

Susan L
04-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Like Kisroo I have not had this problem. I've left cameras and jewelry out but, I also lock up the cash. I'm sorry this happened to you.

simbaNnala101
04-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Hello yes my mom took with her an expensive braclet as well in december of 2005 and she also lost it. It was one that was too tight to fall off so she knows that it did not fall off or she miss placed it. I think she had it on the table and when we came back to the hotel room it was gone.

~ash~

Tams
04-23-2006, 06:54 AM
Hello yes my mom took with her an expensive braclet as well in december of 2005 and she also lost it. It was one that was too tight to fall off so she knows that it did not fall off or she miss placed it. I think she had it on the table and when we came back to the hotel room it was gone.

~ash~
That is disturbingly close to the time that my bracelet was "missing". Mine was "lost" late October 2005.

I have stayed at the Disneyland Resort Hotels may times without incident. I have always been pleased with my experiences at the hotels. The hotels are beautiful, the staff is acommodating, and you can't beat the locations.

Now as it comes time to plan my next trip to Disney, I am having a really hard time reconciling myself with what happened. I really don't feel all that safe staying at the Reort Hotels anymore and I am not that motivated to book this year's stay. My husband suggests that we take a hidden camera with us to film what goes on in our room while we are away. How sad is that?!!!?!!!

kisroo
04-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Tams,
I'm curious. What did hotel security say/do when you reported it? I would hope that they would have done what they could have for you. Did you speak to a manager or someone in a position who could have helped?

I could see you being "soured" on the resort hotels if they weren't helpful to you or tried to resolve the situation.

If you're worried about it happening again, hotel personal safes are pretty easy to use. We've used them when we stay in Vegas and they fit an amazing amount of items.

~kisroo

Tams
04-23-2006, 10:57 AM
When I reported it, I was referred to lost and found. They asked the housekeeping staff about it, but got no results. I am not really sure exactly what I expected the hotel to do about it. At that point my bracelet was gone, not to return again. At the time I probably could have pursed it further but I was sure that even if I did there was not a whole lot they could/would do about it.

It's not so much worrying about it happening again, I have learned my lesson and will use the safe next time. It's really that I am creeped out that it happened in the first place.

I travel pretty extensively, and I have never had something disappear from my hotel room before. It really disappointed me that it happened at a Disney Resort Hotel.

Thanks for the advice!

Osky
04-23-2006, 01:26 PM
When I reported it, I was referred to lost and found. They asked the housekeeping staff about it, but got no results. I am not really sure exactly what I expected the hotel to do about it. At that point my bracelet was gone, not to return again. At the time I probably could have pursed it further but I was sure that even if I did there was not a whole lot they could/would do about it.

Did you follow up a week later? I know I have found things from other people in the rooms while packing up my stuff.

geoffa
04-24-2006, 05:41 AM
The room safes are there for a reason - to protect you and to protect Disney. If you don't use them then these are the kind of situations that arise. I work in public transport and you'd be amazed at what people "loose" - mostly cell phones but even false teeth and false limbs. You'd think folk would miss items like that. Disney or not - USE THE SAFE! having paid a fortune for my digital SLR and videocam I'm sure not going to leave them lying around anywhere. And don't think Disney don't know who cleaned up your room - I can guarantee the maid will have been grilled. If you have holiday insurance you could attempt making a claim but if they know the room had a safe you won't stand a chance.:rolleyes:

kimmybear
04-24-2006, 06:54 PM
The room safes are there for a reason - to protect you and to protect Disney.

quick question: do all the Disneyland Resort hotels have in-room safes? and are they free to use? thanks!:D

kisroo
04-24-2006, 07:47 PM
Both rooms I've stayed in at the GCH had in-room safes. The website states that the DLH has in-room safes, and the PPH has safety deposit boxes available~it doesn't say if there is a fee.

~kisroo:)