PDA

View Full Version : "I've Never"

Pages : [1] 2

LOYL2DZNY
04-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Sorry it this thread has already been done, but I'm hoping to go to DLR in September, and on this trip, I really want to do some things that I've never done at Disneyland before, like ride on a double decker bus down Main Street, or actually go into the fire station, not just pass by it. I'm looking for other "I've Never" ideas. What kind of "I've Never's" do you want to do?

with_5
04-21-2006, 02:23 PM
We have never went down Main Street in any of the transportation. We have also never don the Tiki Room. We will be doing both of these on our next trip.

sandiegorob
04-21-2006, 02:27 PM
We have never went down Main Street in any of the transportation. We have also never don the Tiki Room. We will be doing both of these on our next trip.
I haven't done either as well. Never seen Billy Hill, been on the Columbia, or seen any of the live bands.

PBKokiri
04-21-2006, 02:43 PM
I've never been in the canoes on Rivers of America. :(

Another Dimension
04-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Everything listed above.. I highly recommend.

Sometime!!

They are all really special details and unique, sometimes lesser known and definitely lesser traveled experiences that Disneyland offers.

Take the time for them... they are worth your time and the money spent to get in... take time to smell the roses and other flowers in each land, check out the detail work and indepth theming that is usually only a blue when running from attraction to attraction.

Not every visit has to be a commando run (like millions do every single visit anyway)... that involves the exact same Disneyland attractions, shows, sights, bands.. whether they be worthy of a A or an E ticket.. or never would be ticketed at all. Like the awesome NOS jazz bands...

Disneyland is incredibly deep.. and it's much more than just E-tickets, older/lesser attractions, shopping and eating.

Explore more... :)

Bolivar
04-21-2006, 03:31 PM
I just went to a page on the Disney web site that lists attractions, copied them and deleted the one’s I’ve done. The ones that are left I haven’t done:

Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
The Disney Gallery
Main Street Cinema
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Alice in Wonderland
Chip 'n Dale Treehouse
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Fire Engine, presented by National Car Rental
Horse-Drawn Streetcars, presented by National Car Rental
Horseless Carriage, presented by National Car Rental
Omnibus, presented by National Car Rental
Sailing Ship Columbia
Billy Hill & The Hillbillies
Classic Disney Princess Storytelling
Snow White - An Enchanting Musical
Sword in the Stone
Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams

I did delete Peter Pan’s flight because I did it when I was five-years-old, in 1966. I’m not sure that counts really.

If I do the same for DCA I haven’t done:

Games of the Boardwalk
Maliboomer
The Boudin Bakery, hosted by Boudin Bakery
Bountiful Valley Farm, presented by Caterpillar
Disney Animation
Golden Dreams
Golden Vine Winery
Hyperion Theater
Mission Tortilla Factory, hosted by Mission Foods
Seasons of the Vine
Golden Zephyr
It's Tough to Be a Bug!
Muppet*Vision 3D
Orange Stinger
Flik's Flyers
Francis' Ladybug Boogie
Heimlich's Chew Chew Train
King Triton's Carousel
Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
Princess Dot Puddle Park
Redwood Creek Challenge Trail Featuring "The Magic of Brother Bear" show
S.S. rustworthy, presented by McDonald's
Tuck and Roll's Drive'Em Buggies
Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular
Turtle Talk with Crush
"Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage!"
The Ugly Bug Ball
Block Party Bash
Disney's Electrical Parade

LOYL2DZNY
04-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Everything listed above.. I highly recommend.

Sometime!!

They are all really special details and unique, sometimes lesser known and definitely lesser traveled experiences that Disneyland offers.

Take the time for them... they are worth your time and the money spent to get in... take time to smell the roses and other flowers in each land, check out the detail work and indepth theming that is usually only a blue when running from attraction to attraction.

Not every visit has to be a commando run (like millions do every single visit anyway)... that involves the exact same Disneyland attractions, shows, sights, bands.. whether they be worthy of a A or an E ticket.. or never would be ticketed at all. Like the awesome NOS jazz bands...

Disneyland is incredibly deep.. and it's much more than just E-tickets, older/lesser attractions, shopping and eating.

Explore more... :)

AD, this is exactly why I posted this...I ALWAYS just try to get through all of the "main" attractions and by the time my trip is over, I've forgotten about all the other things I missed out on. I always tell myself "I'll do it on the next trip". I'm going to try to be more aware of the little details on my next trip FOR SURE!

LOYL2DZNY
04-21-2006, 03:37 PM
...If I do the same for DCA I haven’t done:.....

Mission Tortilla Factory, hosted by Mission Foods

WHAT?! You've never gotten your free tortillas!:eek:

:D

Family5LovesDisney
04-21-2006, 03:41 PM
When my husband and I were there last June the park was pretty crowded. We didn't have the kids with us and decided that we would try some of those "I've Never" ideas. We took the time to look at the Gallery (on top by Pirates ........not sure if I am giving it the right name) There was lots of neat illustrations and pictures to enjoy. We also browsed some of the shops. We rode a fire truck down Main Street. We walked around and looked at the landscaping and how it changed from one land to the next. We sat down on a bench for a while and people watched. We rode Small World at night. Something new for us since part of it is outside and it's not at WDW. We also rode the StoryBook Canal Boats in the evening. We shared some honey flavored popcorn (by the Winnie the Pooh Ride) It was fun to have some down time just to enjoy the atmosphere.

Sub Maniak
04-21-2006, 04:18 PM
Ridden every ride in Disneyland but, I've Never been on Maliboomer or TOT!

MrTomMorrow
04-21-2006, 04:56 PM
I've never been on Gadget's Go Coaster...

I only recently visited Tom Sawyer Island for the first time...

MrsG
04-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Only ride/attraction/show I have never done in DL is Star Tours. And I never will. Oh, I've never seen the Snow White show.

Now in DCA, the list of things I have done would be shorter to list.

potzbie
04-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Are you talking about RIDES? or THINGS TO DO?

Here are some things I have not done, or have done for the first time in the last two years.

• buy a Disneyland shirt
• buy a Disneyland hat
• buy a CD in the Main Street "21st Century" music shop
• eaten in the Hungry Bear restaurant
• eaten in the Plaza Inn restaurant
• eaten in the Carnation Cafe
* eaten in the French Market restaurant
• been photographed with a princess
• ride the King Arthur carousel
• ride the front (driver) compartment of the Monorail
• ride the last (tail end) compartment of the Monorail
• ride in the Engineer's compartment of the Disneyland Railroad

In DCA, I have not:
• bought a cel or figurine in "Off The Page" (Animation Building)
• eaten in the Vineyard

I would write down more, but I am itching to read more threads.
So I will cut it off here.

hlbtimes2
04-21-2006, 05:36 PM
My list is pretty small.

DL:
Billy Hill and the hillbillies
visit the jewelry shop in NOS
Snow Whites musical (have seen other shows on that stage, but Snow White wasnt open my last two visits)
horsedrawn street car on main street

That is all I can think of in DL

DCA:
Turtle talk with crush
Playhouse disney

I'm sure there are other things I havent done, but nothing that I would really like to do.

Another Dimension
04-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Of all the 'Never done...' things people have mentioned... have any of those particular Padders ever Talked to Stitch or seen ASIMO in Innoventions?
I'm not a fan of Innoventions in general ..really.., but Stitch and ASIMO are fun and (gasp!) they are in Innoventions*. And with Stitch you get a free photo of your group taken (by Stitch), and you pick it up online...

See Billy Hill & the Hillbillies... and then see 'em again on a different day with a different team performing. All the teams are always good for some great music, some fun shows and a lot of laughs!! :D

*Yeah.. I know.. it's hard to believe!! :eek:

darph nader
04-21-2006, 08:40 PM
I've never been in the canoes on Rivers of America. :(

Same here. Plus the Golden Horseshoe Review. Sad to say,to me DCA does'nt count.:rolleyes:

Ragrobyn
04-22-2006, 07:25 AM
I have never seen the Flag Retreat. Last time we went we made apoint of doing things I had never done. Like TS and the Canoes. Next time I want to read all the Doors and Windows on Main Street ( and Listen) Do a walk in Walts' Foot Sreps Tour. And all the new stuff like ride the new Space Mountain, Nemo, Pirates and HM :D

Looks like I need to book another trip!

Wendi
04-22-2006, 09:24 AM
I've never done the wine tasting in DCA... but I finally saw Seasons of the Vine last time we were there.

potzbie
04-22-2006, 11:15 AM
... Next time I want to read all the Doors and Windows on Main Street ...

Add FRONTIERLAND, to see the new CROCKETT & RUSSELL (i.e., Davy and Georgie) window and merchantile store.

Yee-ha!

While we are on the subject of WINDOWS, be sure to stand in front of SNOW WHITE'S SCARY ADVENTURES, and see the Evil Queen peeking out from behind the high window overlooking the FANTASYLAND courtyard.

She peeks (and she piques!) every minute!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
04-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Never been on the canoes, never walked into the firehouse or experienced Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.

tod
04-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Next time I want to read all the Doors and Windows on Main Street...

Try to find the Chinese restaurant.

--t

Enter The Mouse
04-22-2006, 03:10 PM
I've never rode Dumbo or Astro Orbiter. Hmmm... now i wish i would have. O well, next time:fez: .

jMom
04-22-2006, 03:19 PM
What kind of "I've Never's" do you want to do?

Try anything that doesn't have a line, like Tom Sawyer's island (and Injun Joe's cave) or Tarzan's treehouse (with the Swisska polka music). I've never done the Aladdin & Jasmin storytelling oasis or done the Bengal BBQ, which might be going away soon ...

cfitz/pirates
04-22-2006, 07:32 PM
I Have Never Been In Mickey Mouse's House In Toon Town.but It's On The Top Of My To Do's List On My Next Visit.

Ragrobyn
04-22-2006, 08:15 PM
Try to find the Chinese restaurant.

--t
Oooooooooo Now I HAVE to go back to see that! Thanks for the tip!

Pozbie - Thanks for your tip! It has never occured to me to check out the windows in Frontierland :D