PDA

View Full Version : Yet another How crowded post [July]

beaver state rich
04-21-2006, 07:12 AM
Hi, all. I know that DL in the Summer and weekends is very busy. My question is how nasty will it be the weekend of July 15 and 16? Are there any special events that will make it worse than usual? I have to be in Simi Valley for three weeks for corporate training :| and am thinking of flying the wife and kid down for a weekend. The question is it going to be worth it? We were just down in May and literally walked on to every ride except splash. Assuming proper use of FastPass, and skipping the long lines in Fant. land can one see most of DL and CA in two days with massive crowds? Or will it be a waste of $$ and time.

findin mickeys
04-21-2006, 07:50 AM
To me, no matter how crowded, it is never a waste of time or money. We have been there when there were record breaking crowds and had a blast. I guess it is all in your perspective. My family is willing to wait in longer lines for the attractions they love. We always seem to be able to find something, whether it is a show or otherwise, to do no matter how packed the parks are. Usually when it is super busy at the resort, we spend most of our time during the "peak hours" at DCA. It is more spacious and the lines do not seem to be as long.

My suggestion will be, bring them along. Go to D-land about 20-30 minutes before it opens and hit all the attractions you want to go on there first. Then at about 11:00 as D-Land fills up, hop over to DCA and enjoy the afternoon there in the sun and taking in the Aladdin show, or some of the other attractions. The Animation building is awesome if you need a break or want to get out of the sun.

Just my $.02, but since you will already be down there for a convention, might as well make a mini vacation out of it.

Pat-n-Eil
04-21-2006, 08:20 AM
You know.. because of the 50th Anniversary Celebration all bets are off as to when it is crowded or not. I have been to Disneyland at the end of June and in Mid-July before (always during weekdays) and it really wasn't bad at all. In fact the most crowded time I was ever there was during Thanksgiving week a few years ago. Weekends are ALWAYS busier.

I think that the early bird catches the worm there. If you are willing to hit the parks hard in the first couple of hours that they are open, then back off to a leisurely pace - or even take a nice break mid-day - you'll likely get eveything done that you want. Planning is a good thing, but you can definitely overplan a Disneyland trip. Don't worry, be happy.

"Sometimes you make your choices and you live with them."
~Bill Murray as Phil Connors in Groundhog Day

chrisaustx
04-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Disneyland has been passing out this notice on busy days:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h188/chrisaustx/100_1040.jpg

potzbie
04-21-2006, 05:48 PM
My question is how nasty will it be the weekend of July 15 and 16?

As Indiana Jones might have said, "It's bad. Real bad."
:(
Granted, the very worst days are Christmas week (late December to early January), and Fourth of July holiday, followed by either Easter week or February President's Day weekend; you pick 'em.

The heaviest month for out-of-state tourists is July.
The heaviest days in July are the Fourth Of July holiday.
The next heaviest days in July are weekends.

And you are going on a weekend, at the high point of out-of-state tourist season.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the net result.
The Italian poet Dante had seven circles or levels in Dante's Inferno ("The Divine Comedy").
You are not in the 7th circle, thank goodness.
But you can wave "hi" and "bye" to their neighbors.
:eek:

GrumpyUTboi
04-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Depending on how old you kids are then you might think of bringing them or not. My 2 youngest are 3 and 5 and the long lines at DL during Christmas time was unbearable, yes the wait time was 2 hours! We have decided to go on off peak times.

chrisaustx
04-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Disneyland set another attendance record yesterday, gates were closed due to the park being at capacity. DCA set a new record, parking garage was closed due to being full. I predict this summer will have many days with the park full.

potzbie
04-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Disneyland set another attendance record yesterday, gates were closed due to the park being at capacity. DCA set a new record, parking garage was closed due to being full. I predict this summer will have many days with the park full.

I am curious.

Where does Chrisaustx get this data?
Can ordinary people look it up on-line?
Can Mouse Planet publish all 2005 days which reached capacity maximums?

(Disneyland does not release attendence figures, so we cannot look up the 70,000 days vs. the 60,000 days, etc.)

You know that "crowd size" is the #1 Most Asked Question.
Why don't "we" have a web page or link to satisfy this curiosity?

chrisaustx
04-23-2006, 12:13 PM
A cast member had come home yesterday, dazed, confused and divulged some information she shouldn't have on another board.

staymooney
04-23-2006, 04:59 PM
Once again who in there right mind goes to disneyland on a weekend in the summer? Yes it will be crowded. no doubt about it. Hot & crowded. Does that answer your question?

GrumpyUTboi
04-23-2006, 05:18 PM
I almost passed out today, we went to get our AP passes and the guy was giving out comp tickets and he told us that DCA was at capacity but DL was fine. I never thought that I would see the day that DCA would be at capacity.

I Heart Disneyland!
04-23-2006, 06:34 PM
I hate to be a party pooper on these threads, but, I don't see how it's possible to know how crowded it may be at any given time. :(

BQ2
04-23-2006, 07:02 PM
Disneyland has been passing out this notice on busy days:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h188/chrisaustx/100_1040.jpg

Thanks for the image of the busy day tips sheet. I hope I never see a real one :eek:

BQ2
04-23-2006, 07:03 PM
I almost passed out today, we went to get our AP passes and the guy was giving out comp tickets and he told us that DCA was at capacity but DL was fine. I never thought that I would see the day that DCA would be at capacity.

:eek: That is strange:eek:

cstephens
04-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Once again who in there right mind goes to disneyland on a weekend in the summer? Yes it will be crowded. no doubt about it. Hot & crowded. Does that answer your question?

Funny, my calendar says it's not summer yet. I'm sure that those looking for answers to their questions are finding your responses quite helpful.

Malcon10t
04-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Funny, my calendar says it's not summer yet. I'm sure that those looking for answers to their questions are finding your responses quite helpful.
From the OP's first post "Hi, all. I know that DL in the Summer and weekends is very busy. My question is how nasty will it be the weekend of July 15 and 16? " So, StayMooney was in the right timeframe......

raych30
04-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Yikes, was it crowded today! When it took over an hour just to park, I knew we were in for a rough day ahead. DCA was filled to capacity, but DL wasn't to bad. Crowded yes, but not awful.
I tried my first Dole Whip today, very yummy! That was the highlight of my day :)

staymooney
04-23-2006, 10:08 PM

Did you see the persons question????? They asked about a weekend in July. IDOIOT!!! Think before you open your mouth (keyboard). Did I mention your a Idiot?

I Heart Disneyland!
04-23-2006, 11:11 PM
staymooney---

I believe that the rules around here are that you may disagree with the post, but, may not attack the poster themselves. Name calling is not okay with me. (And, I am not a mod...just another poster.)

stan4d_steph
04-24-2006, 06:07 AM
Mod Note: Attack the post, not the poster.

If a post violates community policies, use the report post feature.

cstephens
04-24-2006, 08:19 AM
From the OP's first post "Hi, all. I know that DL in the Summer and weekends is very busy. My question is how nasty will it be the weekend of July 15 and 16? " So, StayMooney was in the right timeframe......

Ah, you're right, I had missed that. I guess I got this one mixed up with the other "how crowded" post. Thanks.

GrimmGreen
04-24-2006, 09:59 AM
To me, no matter how crowded, it is never a waste of time or money. We have been there when there were record breaking crowds and had a blast. I guess it is all in your perspective

this is the smartest thing i have ever heard , same thing here , my brother and i have also gone in record breaking crowds and had the time of our lives , and also gone in the rain with space mountain , indiana jones , and big thunder closed at the same time... and still had a blast , it's always worth it

GrimmGreen
04-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Granted, the very worst days are Christmas week (late December to early January),

just to say how wierd the parks can be with crowds , i was there in both november and on december 23rd , and it felt like off season both times, not crowded at all , i guess you never know