PDA

View Full Version : "Off Season" again?

Werner
04-20-2006, 08:36 PM
So back in '87 I remember going to the Park the first week in November and it was like having the whole place to myself. It was a Thursday and Friday. I remember thinking to myself that it was almost TOO uncrowded -- it was kinda "dead" LOL. Whattya think: will it ever be like that again? Maybe after the 50th?

raych30
04-20-2006, 11:43 PM
With so many buying/renewing AP's, I don't think there will ever be an "off season" again. I hope I'm wrong.

chrisaustx
04-20-2006, 11:49 PM
When I was a kid, we would always go on Thaksgiving, because the park was deserted. I went on Thanksgiving this year and the place was packed, myself I think with the population increase in Southern CA and the increased advertising and specials, no more off seaons.

cstephens
04-21-2006, 09:07 AM
With so many buying/renewing AP's, I don't think there will ever be an "off season" again. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't think it's so much because of the APs but rather the constant specials they run.

HorizonsA
04-21-2006, 09:25 AM
If you want some off-season days, just go the first couple of weeks of September. That's when all schools start and all the kids will be in session. That's how it was last September, despite the 50th Anniversary. But, then again, last year, even in late September/early October, crowds started to pick up again and I kept wondering why parents would take their kids out of school so soon to go to Disneyland...not that school is important or anything. My parents never did that to me; we always went on the weekends, and if we did go to the Park on weekdays, we'd always wait till at least late November.

JookyG
04-21-2006, 09:32 AM
With the end of the 50th Anniversary celebration looming, I would think this fall will be more crowded than usual. Then after the celebration ends, I'd expect to see a new but smaller surge--the return of folks who have been waiting for things to get back to normal and less crowded. Hopefully by next Jan/Feb we'll finally see a true low season.

chrisaustx
04-21-2006, 10:33 AM
I hope there is not a slow season again, the hotel/travel industry in Anaheim depends on keeping busy. Early next year will mark the opening of the Sub ride and a revamp of DCA, including a name change. The population of Southern CA has grown by a large percentage and even after the 50th, the place will be packed, no more off seasons. Disneyland no longer depends on travelers and out of area guests for it's business, the locals are the ones who are filling up the park.

raych30
04-21-2006, 03:17 PM
I don't think it's so much because of the APs but rather the constant specials they run.

Very good point. :)

ministrychick77
04-24-2006, 01:22 PM
hopefully it doesn't get too dead... me and my hubby will be going back to disneyland around the end of october (10/30-11/3) so we can see HMH and to go trick or treating at DCA. we went last september (went down south to get married and for honeymoon) and going back for 1 year anniversary. hopefully it doesn't get too slow. last year it rained and actually saw some thunderstorms (and it looked gorgeous over the castle).

MissKIA
04-25-2006, 10:35 AM
When does DLR typically go back to off season hours after the summer? Do they keep going full hours until Labour Day or do they stop earlier than that? We are going to be there from Aug 20-30 and hoping for Fanstasmic! and Fireworks on weekdays. We want to avoid weekends if we can but still want to see the shows and parades. TIA

hg0079
04-25-2006, 11:11 AM
and to think as a kid those deserted lines were long then.

sandiegorob
04-25-2006, 11:22 AM
if you want another "off season" you'll need to wait until interest rates hit double digits, inflation increases and gas goes over $4 a gallon. If Disney keeps up its marketing blitz the above mentioned may not even do it.

chrisaustx
04-25-2006, 11:25 AM
Disneyland is playing their radio ad's again, they bought time this week on the LA stations, it says this summer to join in the 50th fun, etc. Six Flags did extend its free entry offer, so I predict the 2'fer may come back again by the end of Summer.

MissKIA
04-25-2006, 11:37 AM
I don't want to know when the "slow season" is. I am asking when the off season HOURS start after the summer season. example: when they stop having fantasmic and fireworks daily/staying open until midnight. (I knew when they merged this my question wouldn't get answered properly!)

hg0079
04-25-2006, 12:10 PM
As of Aug 21 the park is open 1 less hour...But there are no dates past that

hlbtimes2
04-25-2006, 01:37 PM
I think its typically right after Labor day when they make the big change to fall hours/ schedules. I know that the hotel rates go to "Value" season on Sept 3, which is Labor day weekend.

MissKIA
04-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Thank you hbltimes and hg! :)

hg0079
04-26-2006, 10:03 AM
MissKIA looks like we are just going to be misisng each other....we are going
TH F SAT.

ILovePoker
04-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Don't kid some of yourselves, there definitely still is an off season. We visited the week before Presidents Week and it looked busy but it was not even close to busy if you look at wait times. Splash Mountain was 10 minutes, Indiana Jones was no more than 10 minutes, Space was 20, Matterhorn was 10 minutes. Pretty much every dark ride was less than 2 minutes. It was a fantastic time to be at Disneyland.

Omnitographer
04-27-2006, 11:18 AM
i have always felt that the off season is simply the inverse of the busy season. there are going to be certain times of the year where the park is going to be much busier than other times. I doubt there will ever be a time where the park is as busy as its busiest week all year long...

chrisaustx
04-27-2006, 03:48 PM
I drove down Katella today and the electronic signs over the streets are warning of traffic and crowds this weekend. I wonder what is going on, Disneyland expects this weekend to be crowded.

stan4d_steph
04-27-2006, 07:43 PM
I drove down Katella today and the electronic signs over the streets are warning of traffic and crowds this weekend. I wonder what is going on, Disneyland expects this weekend to be crowded.MouseAdventure!

Oh, and Food and Wine Weekends at DCA.