PDA

View Full Version : How do you book a hotel with 3 kids?

Skunker
04-20-2006, 05:21 PM
I am getting frustrated - trying to book a hotel in Vegas (which is on our way to DL) and being told I have to get TWO rooms. This is ridiculous...I don't know why we have to split up the family and pay for two rooms. There are five of us, 2 adults, 3 kids. Anyone know how to get around this? They said you can get a rollout, but even with that they only allow 4 people max to a room. (HUH?) This is the new MGM properties policy...grrrrr.

tod
04-20-2006, 05:34 PM
MGM Mirage now includes Mandalay Bay properties as well, so forget Circus Circus.

Try an all-suite hotel like the Rio or the Venetian. Try a locals' place like the Orleans, Palace Station or Arizona Charlie's. Try a small motel, or an extended-stay place like Sunset Suites. See if Harrahs has the same policy. With their acquisition of Caesars you may have several places to choose from.

Good luck.

--t

tinker3
04-20-2006, 05:56 PM
We have 5 in our family also! I usually just book at a suite hotel. I know there is also an Ameria Suites in Vegas and includes a continental breakfast. Sometimes we just say we are 4 because we still use a play pen for our 2 yr old. Good Luck!

FantasmicFanatic
04-20-2006, 05:56 PM
think they will actually count how many people enter the room?

kimmybear
04-20-2006, 05:59 PM
think they will actually count how many people enter the room?
they don't count. you could be having a guest over, which is not against hotel policy. i booked one room for 6 people, when max was 5. throw some pillows on the floor and voila, instant bed good enough for me. :D

TripleTrouble
04-20-2006, 06:03 PM
I used to live in Las Vegas and now we go back to visit friends. I get equally frustrated but I'll give you some ideas.

We usually stay at the Double Tree in Henderson which is right off the freeway and not too far from the strip. Its really clean, has down comforters, will allow you to have 2 adults/3 kids in one room(using existing bedding), and you can get it for as low as $99/night if you book through their website.

The other solution is to book whatever hotel you want on the strip for 2 adults/2 kids. Have one adult check in, go park, go up to your room. In those large hotels, its doubtful that they are going to watch you go up and bust you.

Uncle Orville
04-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Can all three kids share the same bed?
If so, what if you make sure your room has two double beds and check in as four not five?
I did a quick LV hotel search. This seems to be policy all over LV.
Harrah's did let me (sample) book a room at the Rio with two adults and three kids.

Good Luck !

Wesley815
04-20-2006, 08:45 PM
think they will actually count how many people enter the room?That's what I was thinking to... Can't you just book the room and have however many kids you want in there? I don't think the hotels setup hidden cameras to watch your children and count them each day... :rolleyes:

I've stayed with friends quite a few times in rooms (even at the MGM Grand) where I know for a fact we are "over the limit" of people for the room and never had a problem, even got room keys just fine! Of course I don't call the front desk and say "hey we have 5 people in a 4 person room, come get us!".

Koala Gurl
04-21-2006, 01:15 PM
I would just say I was booking 4 to the room.

IMO (of course, it is just MO), Vegas is probably trying to avoid a large group of adults using a single room (though it happens all the time.) I would feel OK about having the 3 kids in the same room.

shawnarae
04-21-2006, 02:01 PM
For some reason my family of 5 stayed at Caesar's Palace in 1 room. We requested a roll away and got 1. We did pay a $30 per person fee for having more then 4 in our room. So my price was the quoted price plus $30 per night. This was 3 summers ago, so I am not sure if it is the same way now. I think if you go over 4 people you pay a per person fee at many hotels. Sometimes a 2nd room is cheaper. I have also stayed at the Venetian as a party of 5, with 2 queen beds and my older son slept on the fold out couch in the living room area. It may have been a mini suite.

Also off the Strip is the JW Marriott. They allow 5 to a room with no additional charge I believe. Real pretty hotel in Summerlin. I use to live right down the street from it & stayed there during my pack & move to Az. Quiet, but real nice!

Family5LovesDisney
04-21-2006, 02:02 PM
I am getting frustrated - trying to book a hotel in Vegas (which is on our way to DL) and being told I have to get TWO rooms. This is ridiculous...I don't know why we have to split up the family and pay for two rooms. There are five of us, 2 adults, 3 kids. Anyone know how to get around this? They said you can get a rollout, but even with that they only allow 4 people max to a room. (HUH?) This is the new MGM properties policy...grrrrr. I have three children. We always book at an Embassy Suites hotel. (when we aren't going to Disney and are in a major city) We ask for a King bed (that's in our "own" room) The sofa pulls out to a double bed sleeper. Then we rent a cot and put it out with the sofa bed. We can put the kids to bed early and shut the door to our room and watch T.V. Another option is to get the two double beds and use the sofa sleeper without a cot. The price always includes an evening Manager's Reception (drinks and snacks for adults and kids!) and a great breakfast that your kids will enjoy (everything............even eggs cooked to order) Buffet style and quite family friendly!