PDA

View Full Version : Has the park been closing early this week?

Koala Gurl
04-19-2006, 06:33 PM
I am thinking of a last minute trip tomorrow (Thurs), but I can't go until about 10 or 11am. I don't want to make the drive if the park has been closing early all week!

HorizonsA
04-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Umm, no..

If you go to the Disneyland website, you can see for yourself that Disneyland has been closing at midnight every night, mainly because it's spring break and it's right after Easter.

ILovePoker
04-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Umm, no..

If you go to the Disneyland website, you can see for yourself that Disneyland has been closing at midnight every night, mainly because it's spring break and it's right after Easter.
I think she's asking if the park has been closing early due to capacity, which to my knowledge, hasn't.

Wesley815
04-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Umm, no..

If you go to the Disneyland website, you can see for yourself that Disneyland has been closing at midnight every night, mainly because it's spring break and it's right after Easter.You should probably actually read the question before posting such a rude, "know-it-all" attitude type reply. If you would have, you'd see she mentioned "10 or 11am" in the morning. Of course the park wouldn't normally close then, only if they had to due to very large crowds or some very extream reason.

hlbtimes2
04-19-2006, 07:32 PM
You should probably actually read the question before posting such a rude, "know-it-all" attitude type reply. If you would have, you'd see she mentioned "10 or 11am" in the morning. Of course the park wouldn't normally close then, only if they had to due to very large crowds or some very extream reason.

It all depends on how you read it. The first time I read it, I thought - if the park closes early, say 8pm, and they didn't get there until 11am, it would make for a short day. I didnt think about closing for capacity until someone else mentioned it.

FantasmicFanatic
04-19-2006, 07:41 PM
You should probably actually read the question before posting such a rude, "know-it-all" attitude type reply. If you would have, you'd see she mentioned "10 or 11am" in the morning. Of course the park wouldn't normally close then, only if they had to due to very large crowds or some very extream reason.

BA-Zing!

HorizonsA
04-19-2006, 07:58 PM

Telling her that she can find the theme park times on the Disneyland website is not being rude. It's called answering the question. Obviously, I misunderstood her question and thought she was asking if Disneyland closed earlier than Midnight. She didn't ask if the parks were closing to capacity so I misunderstood.

You should probably actually read the post before jumping to conclusions and posting such a "know-it-all" reply yourself.

Koala Gurl
04-19-2006, 08:12 PM
No problem, I wasn't super clear in my question! Yeah, I was wondering about capacity closing. :)

I will probably leave by 3pm anyway, so it will be a short trip, I just wanted to make sure I could actually get in. :) (I know it is always a chance, but just was trying to see if anyone knew if it had been closing this week...on a weekday.)

Thanks everyone! :)

tmptink
04-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Since we are on the subject. How often does the park close for capacity reasons?

Wesley815
04-20-2006, 06:32 AM
Yeah, I was wondering about capacity closing. :)

Thanks everyone! :)You're welcome. :)

Malcon10t
04-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Since we are on the subject. How often does the park close for capacity reasons?The week between Christmas and New Years, if it isn't raining, several days. During the summer? Only a few. But remember, if it does close, it will usually be somewhere around 11-2, and then reopen by 4-5 (after the first parade usually.) Its really not that big of a deal, except it tells you there are a LOT of people there.

Koala Gurl
04-20-2006, 08:44 AM
The week between Christmas and New Years, if it isn't raining, several days. During the summer? Only a few. But remember, if it does close, it will usually be somewhere around 11-2, and then reopen by 4-5 (after the first parade usually.) Its really not that big of a deal, except it tells you there are a LOT of people there.

Good to know! Usually I wouldn't want to be there during one of these days, but sometimes it just happens. :)

DaddyB
04-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Hey, this is Mouseplanet! I thought abrupt know-it-all answers were the sole domain of that other, 'hipper' website.

Wesley815
04-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Hey, this is Mouseplanet! I thought abrupt know-it-all answers were the sole domain of that other, 'hipper' website.haha... good point! ;) :fez:

ILovePoker
04-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Since we are on the subject. How often does the park close for capacity reasons?
Usually from December 24th to December 31st park closing. I also hear that the 4th of July also hits capacity quite a few times. Last Rememberance Day weekend also surprisingly hit capacity as well and I believe Thanksgiving week also hit capacity but this is mostly because of the 50th Anniversary celebration. But all I can say for sure is that Christmas holidays and July 4th are the only really solid days that hit capacity regularly.

chrisaustx
04-20-2006, 01:44 PM
The park closed early last Sat. 4/15, sales were curtailed to Disneyland, only DCA was sold. Going in a peak season, you are always ruining the risk of having the gate closed on you. The park was at capacity today, so this weekend may even be busier, my best advice is get there early as possible.

Phantom2006
04-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Is it possible for the park to close early when it is scheduled to close at midnight. Say closing at 10pm. Say Disneyland expects crowds to be high but then there is not that many people and they start to lose money. Will they close early?

MrTomMorrow
04-20-2006, 03:55 PM
Yeah, this past winter, the park was scheduled to open until I think 11, but there was a major storm approaching, and the lines were very short the entire day, so the park closed an hour or two early in anticipation of the storm... but those who had been there that day said that they were able to go on all the rides they wanted because there were so few people in the park that day.

I remember a big flame war, I mean, "discussion" on this topic here or another DL board regarding whether it was right for DL as a business to shut down early, whether to save money or to protect its guests, etc.

chrisaustx
04-20-2006, 04:00 PM
She is talking about entry gates closing due to the park being full to capacity, not closing early as in earlier than planned. If anything, hours will be expanded this summer and the gates closed to new guests early.

Koala Gurl
04-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Well, I'm back, and I was able to get in. :)

Crowded, but not painful...

cstephens
04-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Is it possible for the park to close early when it is scheduled to close at midnight. Say closing at 10pm. Say Disneyland expects crowds to be high but then there is not that many people and they start to lose money. Will they close early?

The only times that I've known that they've closed early is due to inclement weather.

As for closing due to capacity, it's usually a temporary close, with ticket selling and admission resuming later in the day. I don't remember hearing that once it's been closed for the day, it's stayed closed all day.

AztecWolverine
04-29-2006, 04:25 AM
During the past two weekends they even cut off entrance to CA -- the weather was good, still Spring breakers, and most importantly, it was the last two weekends of the 2-Fer program for So. Cal. Residents. If they opened the gates later , it was much later. I understand they even sold tickets that would only allow entrance after 10 PM!
A Disney phone operator told me they cut off entry to Disneyland at some point every day, usually in the morning, between Thanksgiving and New Years!
Go check more current threads than this for solid info....