PDA

View Full Version : Going Next Month! No Kids! A few questions please!

Family5LovesDisney
04-19-2006, 01:16 PM
My husband gave me my birthday present a little early. He is going to be doing some business in San Diego next month. I get to go along and on the weekend, we will go to Disneyland! :) I'm so excited! This will be my third time to Disneyland (my first time ever was last March followed by a one day trip in June when my husband brought me along on a business trip for our anniversary) I am going to assume that the crowds will be big when we are there. My husband tried everything to get us a room in a Disney property. :crying: Everything was booked solid on Friday and Saturday night. Only the GC had a room that would be open Sunday night (but not Friday or Saturday) He ended up doing HO JO since we want to be close enough to walk to the parks. We will be in the parks May 20 and 21. (Saturday/Sunday)

QUESTION: Do you think it is worth doing Ride Max just for those two days?? We aren't big thrill ride people. I know that Haunted Mansion is less crowded right around 6-7 in the evening. I read that POC is closed until June. :crying:
We would like to do the newly refurbished Space Mountain. I believe that is a fast pass attraction?

QUESTION: I think I read that the 50th anniversary celebration ends this month. Does anyone know what the fireworks show will be in May? Parades?

Any other tips you want to share would be appreciated!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

stan4d_steph
04-19-2006, 01:22 PM
I wouldn't bother with RideMax since it will just be the 2 of you on a non-holiday weekend.

The 50th decorations are scheduled to come down in September, but the entertainment offerings will continue for an undetermined amount of time. You will get to see it all if you go in May.

Family5LovesDisney
04-19-2006, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't bother with RideMax since it will just be the 2 of you on a non-holiday weekend.

The 50th decorations are scheduled to come down in September, but the entertainment offerings will continue for an undetermined amount of time. You will get to see it all if you go in May.
The FIREWORKS SHOW?? I really hope so because they had not started it when we were there last March. We had riverside dessert seating for Fantasmic last June and only saw the fireworks show from that angle. We missed the neat special effects and I was so disappointed!

Niwel
04-19-2006, 01:49 PM
The FIREWORKS SHOW?? I really hope so because they had not started it when we were there last March. We had riverside dessert seating for Fantasmic last June and only saw the fireworks show from that angle. We missed the neat special effects and I was so disappointed!

Yup. They'll still be around in May ... since it is your first time seeing them, try for a spot near the hub. For a less-crowded area on your second seeing, head over to the area near Small World.

Family5LovesDisney
04-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Yup. They'll still be around in May ... since it is your first time seeing them, try for a spot near the hub. For a less-crowded area on your second seeing, head over to the area near Small World.
I'm so excited! I couldn't see the special effects on the front of the castle and other buildings before. I could see Tinkerbell but she was hard to spot! I don't mind camping out for a good spot and without the kids............I can relax and not worry about chasing them around and keeping them entertained while I wait! We bought that gift collection of the Disneyland sounds last June and one of the CD's in the collection has the entire soundtrack for the fireworks show. I just listened to it a few minutes ago and now I won't be able to sleep until we get there! :eek:

iwannabeanimagineer
04-20-2006, 04:34 PM
The gate and entertainment schedule for May 20 and 21 is available at: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/daily/daily?name=CalendarDailyPage&date=20060520&span=2&parkDCA=true&parkDLP=true&parkDTD=true

We'll be there a couple weeks later, but the entertainment schedule in June doesn't look as good as your weekend. Have fun!

And, yes, Space Mountain (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/special/event?name=SpaceMountainFlashInteractivePage) does have a FastPass system.

Family5LovesDisney
04-20-2006, 05:30 PM
The gate and entertainment schedule for May 20 and 21 is available at: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/daily/daily?name=CalendarDailyPage&date=20060520&span=2&parkDCA=true&parkDLP=true&parkDTD=true

We'll be there a couple weeks later, but the entertainment schedule in June doesn't look as good as your weekend. Have fun!

And, yes, Space Mountain (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/special/event?name=SpaceMountainFlashInteractivePage) does have a FastPass system. THANK YOU! They have a neat special effect on the Disney Page when you click on Space Mountain! I have seen the Parade of Dreams but am looking forward to that fireworks show! Crowds won't bother me as much since I won't have the kids and it's not necessary to cram in as many rides as time allows! I can relax and stroll..........stop and look..........go into the stores at my leisure.........even people watch!