PDA

View Full Version : Help with a gift idea at Disneyland!

CaptainHook15
04-19-2006, 09:33 AM
Me and my gal are heading down to Disneyland for a 3 day weekend this weekend (gawsh it can't come fast enough!). My nickname for her has always been 'Princess'. Yeah, I know, don't say it... but she loves it. ANYWAY, any ideas on princess themed merchandise that is appropriate for an adult? I have no idea where to look nor what to look for. Pink is her favorite color so I am assuming that will make it even easier to find something.

HELP! PLEASE!!

Thanks in advance. :)

yellowrosedtxn
04-19-2006, 09:37 AM
I know you can find a ton of things at Disneyland. My daughter got a cowboy hat with a tiara on it at Club Libby Lu. It was 15.00 - I THINK. Don't quote me on that, it was last summer. I don't know if that would be something she would like or not but there are all kinds of shirts, stuffed animals, snowglobes and things like that.

MrTomMorrow
04-19-2006, 10:13 AM
My friend loves all things princess, and she bought a Princess Aurora tiara and wore it throughout our entire trip... it's big enough to fit an adult's head...

stan4d_steph
04-19-2006, 10:17 AM
There's a new line of Pirate Princess merchandise.

Koala Gurl
04-19-2006, 10:26 AM
I bought a "princess" ball cap at WDW (I assume they have the same thing at DL!) :)

cyberRoo
04-19-2006, 10:32 AM
No idea what your price range is, but I swear by the charm bracelet as the perfect girlfriend present. It's something that you can add to on future trips to the park or elsewhere, and it's a nice keepsake for her.

They have inexpensive bracelets, both traditional and "Italian", with charms of the princesses, and, if I recall correctly, there is also a Cinderalla (?) bracelet that has a crown on it.

I got a charm bracelet on my first trip to Disneyworld, and it's now completely full of Disney charms. I had to start a new bracelet for our non-Disney trips.

Koala Gurl
04-19-2006, 10:35 AM
No idea what your price range is, but I swear by the charm bracelet as the perfect girlfriend present. It's something that you can add to on future trips to the park or elsewhere, and it's a nice keepsake for her.

They have inexpensive bracelets, both traditional and "Italian", with charms of the princesses, and, if I recall correctly, there is also a Cinderalla (?) bracelet that has a crown on it.

I got a charm bracelet on my first trip to Disneyworld, and it's now completely full of Disney charms. I had to start a new bracelet for our non-Disney trips.

That is a great idea!

04-19-2006, 10:37 AM
Nothing says "princess" like a genuine piece of estate jewelry from the shop at New Orleans Square.

Mr.Bear
04-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Here I’ll save you some money and I know from personal experience, it will rock her heart.

My wife and I are doing this exercise now in our home. I think it would be amazing to take your princess to the front / back of the castle or at the wishing well and tell her how you really feel about her and why you are happy she is in your life. The key part of this is you never use the word “love”.
When you can’t quickly say “I love you”, you then have to come up with why you really feel this way for her. We have found it fun and for me it really touches me when she leaves for work in the morning and tells me 3 reasons she is happy to have me in her life. Yes we still say I love you, only now we are taking time to really appreciate each other.

Opening up your heart to her about how you feel is the greatest gift you can give your princess. And where else can you do it in front of a castle? The stuff you buy there will probably break or gather dust, this magic moment that only YOU can create will last a lifetime.

Open up your heart to her and I guarantee she will make you feel like a king!!

Family5LovesDisney
04-19-2006, 01:21 PM
There are some gorgeous collectiable items with a Princess theme. Some are unique to the parks and can't be purchased anywhere else. Plates, porcelain figures, crystal pieces, very nice watches, and so forth. Do you want the present before you go or have her pick out something special while you are there as a nice memory?

CaptainHook15
04-19-2006, 01:55 PM
:D
Thanks so much for the ideas.... keep 'em coming!

Mr. Bear - FANTASTIC idea. Regardless of whether I find something to buy your idea is awesome. And to think, some folks think us guys can't be romantic! Thank you so much.

CybeRoo - She does like jewelry so your charm bracelet idea is a good one. Do you (or anyone) know the price and where I can find it in the park? Also, what are the prices for the charms individually?

Family5LovesDisney - I would like to get it while we are there, in the park. Im not sure if/how I will be able to sneak away... so odds are that I will get it with her by my side.

THANKS folks! :D

Family5LovesDisney
04-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Well, it sounds like you will be Prince Charming on this special trip and that will make your princess quite happy! :) Enjoy! I'm sure lots of people will continue to help you with great ideas!

CaptainHook15
04-19-2006, 10:43 PM
What store(s) carry the charm bracelets? Are they generic or might one have a princess on it to begin with?

I am totally new to the charm thing, so be gentle. ;)

cyberRoo
04-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Since I suggested the charm thing, I s'pose I should jump back in here with what I know...

There are several different levels of charm bracelets in the park - I don't know exact prices.

The Disneyana Store on Main Street has the higher end ones. I know that they used to have a princess bracelet that had a sparkly crown as the starter charm. They also have some with lots of charms already - a pirate one, a Shag one that I'm obsessed with, and a Mickey Mouse Club one. These would be the high end options. ($75 - 100 range, I'd guess)

The Jewelry store on Main Street has more options - I think they have a nicer starter bracelet, and then inexpensive bracelets. The sterling silver charms run around $20, and they usually have a castle, lots of characters, including princesses, and then some Disneyland ones.

They also have bracelets for colored charms, which are fun and very inexpensive. Similar (or the same as?) these at MouseShoppe:
http://www.mouseshoppe.com/directory.cfm?CategoryID=435

Good luck. I love my bracelet - I ended up framing it once it was full, too much to wear, and this way it's not buried in a drawer.

Rhiannon8404
04-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Good luck. I love my bracelet - I ended up framing it once it was full, too much to wear, and this way it's not buried in a drawer.

Sorry to hijack, but can you tell me how you framed your bracelet? I have a pewter Winnie the Pooh charm bracelet with all the characters that is just way to heavy to wear. It's just sitting my jewel box.

cyberRoo
04-21-2006, 08:17 AM
I have two (mine, and my mom's from when she was little), both framed in frames from Aaron Brothers. They're maybe 11 x 16(?), with a front mat cut with a 5 x 7" opening, and had a back mat with a 4 x 6 opening. They also had a wooden spacer to keep the two mats separated. I just replaced the back mat with a solid board, and tied the ends of the bracelets to the spacer. They aren't as deep as a real shadowbox frame - maybe a half inch between the mats, but I'm sure that would work as well.

If I get really organized, I'll try to take a picture. I also have a new frame at home, so I can figure out what it's actually called (theoretically, I'm going to frame the retro DL charm bracelet for the 50th).

twist1980
04-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Nothing says "princess" like a genuine piece of estate jewelry from the shop at New Orleans Square.

No kidding! Anything from there wiould make me feel like a princess! It is a little pricey though!

sambo
04-21-2006, 08:38 AM
And to top the gift off - consider taking her to Ariel's Grotto for the Princess Dinner. A parade of princesses come to every table for photo ops. Mmmm Memories...