PDA

View Full Version : Midway Mania

JerrodDRagon
04-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Hi Im JerrodDRagon.:geek:

A new rumor has started on the Internet about a ride at DCA called Midway Mania. The ride will be similar to buzz's ride as in you will hit targets. The theme will be a Midway/Toy Story theme meaning Toy Story characters (except Buzz) will be in the ride. The ride will be near CA Screaming.:)

It sound to me that it is just Buzz's ride with different characters but what do you think?:cool:

screamin4ever
04-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Hey JerroDRagon I think you will find that many Disney fans read multiple Disney fan sites and they have seen this posted by you before. Some people may attack you for this so fair warning.

As for the ride, I welcome any high quality attraction that makes DCA more immersive. I think the people at the top NOW understand what to fix at DCA and more attractions that families can do together is one thing that is missing.

Mermaid
04-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Well I hadn't heard this rumor. I think that would be cool! Maybe they could put it where that silver bullet ride is because that ride never runs and is lackluster when it does!!

Another Dimension
04-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Hey JerroDRagon I think you will find that many Disney fans read multiple Disney fan sites and they have seen this posted by you before. Some people may attack you for this so fair warning.

Just because something was discussed on another or many other of the popular Dis boards.. doesn't or shouldn't mean that' it's not cool for Padders to give their views on it... or share information they have read elsewhere or various insider info about it.... :)

I think Midway Mania could be cool.. really cool!

But I hope it's more like a ride-thru carnival / tunnel of love shooter with some scares and pop ups/pop outs to shoot at / a classic fantasy whimsical midway. With a lot of more classical traditional pier theming and decor as well.. like Side Show Shirts and Point Magu shops at DCA reflect.. pier/midway theming-wise.

Not just Woody shoved into Paradise Pier.. (is he a beach cowboy now?)
HAs Woody been hanging 10 with Donald and Goofy in the surf?
I hope the new attraction is not just adding more PIXAR stuff.. just because it's DCA.

Giant toys dancing thru various eras of classic California.. even at Disney's Pixar Cubicle.. isn't great theming or flow really. At all.
Some people freak out over DCA's theming like it physically harmed them... but giant toys dancing thru nearly every land, not just their own lands... doesn't raise any ire or comments from any purists. Hmmm...

I like DCA and I like PIXAR stuff... but it's still called IMAGINEERING, isn't it?...

I hope they just don't just cram Woody into Venice Beach/The Pike/Pacific Ocean Park.... or do it just because years ago Braverman thought King Triton actually belonged at the Santa Monica pier. :rolleyes:

I really look forward to something good, (I like Monsters, LIKE Buzz....) and as a character Woody is ok and the rest of the TS characters are ok too.

But isn't Woody already getting Woodyland back at the Thunder Ranch?
In addition to that, Woody's supposedly going to get a midway games based Buzz-style shooter in Paradise Pier too....?

One or the other Woody attractions would be cool, in DL or DCA... but not both of them, and in two Woody attractions in seperate parks.

Woody and Jessie and Bullseye are miles out of place in Paradise Pier.. unless Bullseye is the new theme for the caroussel.

Really.. WDI..? Why?

Disney Vault
04-17-2006, 10:26 PM
I am not big on this idea. I don't like anything that has to do with midway. It just has a very cheap image to me. I would have loved the Little Mermaid they had planned for the paris park in the pier instead.

JerrodDRagon
04-18-2006, 06:46 AM
I am not big on this idea. I don't like anything that has to do with midway. It just has a very cheap image to me. I would have loved the Little Mermaid they had planned for the paris park in the pier instead.
Me too little Mermaid would fit perfectly in the pier area.

JerrodDRagon
04-19-2006, 08:45 AM
Hers a link Now Al's talking about it.
http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al041806c.htm

Ragrobyn
04-19-2006, 11:30 AM
I think anything new is good. DCA could use a little shake up. I loke it a lot now but would LOVE it with more E or D ticket rides :D