PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report: April 12-14

neffyh
04-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Sorry for the wait. This is a very long trip report!!!! I was going too post it yesterday, but my stupid computer froze and I was about too post it. So anyways... Here is my trip report and some tips. I also took some photos.

Wednesday, April 12th
We left my house around 9am. We stopped by CoCo's too eat. That was a HORRIBLE mistake. The place was so old there was dust and webs everywhere. Anyways... We arrived at the Hilton around 12 and checked in. We had too use valet instead of self park because our car was too big. Not surpisignly, our room wasn't ready. They told us too wait an hour and come back. Instead of waiting, we went too Downtown Disney. We arrived at Downtown Disney and walked all the way too the WDTC office too pick up our tote bag and our preferred seating. The bag was cute!!!. Anyways, We also stopped by the Anne Geddes store. I love the clothes their. Its expensive though!!!!. We headed back too the Hilton too check in. They said our room wasn't ready still, but there was another room ready on the 6th floor. We took it and when we arrived on the 6th floor, there was a sign that said Under Construction. We went down too the lobby and they apoligized. Fortunately. A room on the 12th floor was ready. It was the last room on that floor. The room was really nice. It was decent. The bathroom was a bit small, but good for me. Well, after unpacking and stuff, we headed too the theme parks. We took the shuttle, it was really crowded. At about 2:30, we entered DL and went straight to Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years. Great Show!!!!!. After this, parade was about too start so we found a great spot on the sidewalk. While my dad was getting the camera ready, Me and my mom went too the Emporium. This was when I got my very first Mickey Mouse Ears!!!:D . I was very happy. My mom also got her Minnie Mouse hat. After this we watched the parade. I love this parade and the music:D. We went too Adventureland and took the Jungle Cruise. After this we went too Indiana Jones, but for some reason, the ride was closed. We went too take a break on the Mark Twain. This was my very first time on this boat. While waiting in line, we got our lanyard and pins. We rode the Mark Twain and then went toward Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I love this ride:D. We then headed too the Haunted Mansion. My mom and dad have never been on this ride, they liked it. So right when we exited we saw the line too Splash Mountain. We entered the line and it was sooooo long.After getting wet, It was about 7:30 and we were hungry, so we went too the Plaza Inn and had dinner. I Love the Mashed Potatoes and Chocolate Cake. After this we went too Space Mountain, but the line was kind of long, so we went too the Matterhorn. We were in the First Car, you know, like the first row, right in the very first seat. This is the best ride, specially in the dark:D. After riding the Matterhorn, we went too see the fireworks. After the best fireworks show ever, we left back too the Hilton and slept.

Thursday, April 13th
We woke up at 6:20am and went too Early Entry. The line was long, but totally worth it. We went straight too Space Mountain. The line was like a 25 min. wait. I love this ride also. This is my favorite ride in DL. We were in the first also!!!. After this, we went too Matterhorn and what do you know....We were in the front again. Try too get in the front!!!;). We were getting hungry so we decided too have breakfast at Club Buzz. I got the Croussaint Sandwich. !!VERY DELICOUS!!. The fruit is also very sweet. After eating, we went too Its a Small World. After riding around the world, we went too Mickey's Toontown Station and went all the way too the New Orleans Station. This was our first time ever seeing the Grand Canyon Diorama. Great!!. We arrived too New Orleans and went too the line for Indiana Jones. Instead of wating in line, I convinced me parents too get fastpasses. We did. This is the funny part!!! You know how we took the train station from Mickey's Toontown to New Orleans, well that was a total waist of time, because after getting our fastpasses, we just walked straight back too Mickey's Toontown. LOL. In Mickey's Toontown, we went too Gadget Go Coaster, and after, too see Mickey. I Love Mickey:D. After seeing Mickey, we found a nice little tree under the shade and sat down. After sitting down for awhile, It was about 12 and we took the train back too New Orleans Square. Right at the end of the diorama, we stopped all of a sudden. I thought the train broke down, but there was another train in front of us. We arrived at New Orleans Square at went too Indian Jones. For some reason, the ride kept making various stops and the music stopped also a lot. I guess Indiana Jones is in need of mechanical assistance. Anyways... After spending some time in DL, we went too DCA. The first ride we went on was Soarin Over California. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS RIDE!!!!:D. This is my favorite ride in DCA. While waiting in line we decided too get fastpasses too go later in the day, around 7:35 pm. We rode this ride and then we were getting hot, so we went too Grizzly River Rapids. The line was very long, but the scenery was great. Also the mist from the waterfalls was refreshing. This was our first time on this ride and we got wet, I mean SOAKIN!!!. After this, we went too California Screamin'. My mom was afraid of riding this ride because of the crash a long time ago, but she went on it. We were in the from car again!!!!. The loop came so unexpected too. There are so many turns. We were getting hungry, so we went too find places too eat. We went too the Mission Tortilla Factory too see how they make tortillas. I didn't like how it didn't show you ALL the ways too do it. They basically just have a machine that drop little balls of dough and into the oven. They should have shown how they crush the corn and spread it with a rolling thing. I like the cute video though!!. The tortillas were good but they were flour tortillas, not corn tortillas. Anyways...... We headed too the Wine Country Trattoria. Food was ok, not as good as before though. The Block Party Bash was going on during when we were eating, but I didnt run outside. I had the tiramisu, which is the best desert ever!!!. After eating, we went too the Tower of Terror. My first time on this ride. IT WAS GREAT. My lanyard was literally floating in the air. My mom was scared. After this, we went too see the Muppet Show. I liked it. I thought is wasn't going too be good, but it was. We had preferred seating on the 5th row, but that dosent make a diffrence much from all the other rows. Anyways.... It was almost 7:30 so we headed too Soarin over California. We rode the ride on the First row and in the middle section. GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!. You dont have too worry about feet above you. After this, the parade was going too start. We had preferred seat, because we were Disney Visa members. The seating is great, right in the front. While we werer waiting for the parade too come where we were, I decided too get some popcorn and some churros. The line for the popcorn went fast, but OMG!! The churro gusy is a serious idiot!!!!!!. He took forever just too put the stupid plastic paper on the churro. He had too make it perfect for everybody and then he forgot peoples orders. After getting my churros, FINALLY!!!:mad:. I headed towards the seating area. We watched the Electrical Parade. This was my first time ever seeing it. My mom and dad saw it in the 80's. They said it changed, that there wasnt as many lights. I LOVE AND ADORE THIS PARADE!!!!!. After the parade we braved the wild crowds and headed back too the hotel. We stopped by Starbucks which is conviently located in the hotel!!.

Friday, April 14th
It was our last day.:crying:. I was so sad. I saw some cloud moving in. The forecast predicted rain. Anyways.....We checked out and took our car too the parking structure at Disneyland. We took the tram too Downtown Disney. It was about 10 so we went too the Character Meet and Greet. We took pics with Mickey and Goofy. We were getting hungry so we went too Downtown Disney. It started sprinkling. We went too the Anne Geddes store and bought this cute little bunny dress for my baby causin. It cost a whopping $60!!!!. Anyways... They were nice too hold it for us so it wouldn't get wet. We went too eat at Catals. Good food. The pancakes are big. After eating it started raining harder. We went trough the World of Disney store and back too DCA. We stopped by Greeting From California too see our photo. It came out great. We also bought a frame. All the frames are 4x6 and our photo was 5x7. We found some 5x7 frames but they were made too be portrait wise and our photo was landscape. We did eventually find a frame that worked both ways. We also got our very first Mickey Mouse ponchos!!! We went too see if Its Tough too be a Bug was open, it wasnt. We got fastpasses for Soarin over California for 4:30. We headed too DL and went too Space Mountain. This was our last ride. The line went down from 75 min to 50 min. We were waiting in line and these teens were in front of us. When we were about too enter the ride, they chewed some kind of tobacco. NOT GOOD!!!. I was so glad we werent in the same car because they totally would or ruined our day. Anyways... We got on and we were in the first car again. I was soo glad!!!. After riding this we went too the Emporium just too get out of the rain for awile. We went back outside and it was getting sunny. We headed back too DCA. We went too Tower of Terror. My mom didnt want too go on again. Me and my dad went. Better than the first time!!!We then went back too the Muppet Show. After this we went too Its Tough To Be a Bug. We had priority seating but we didnt use it. I love this show. The roaches at the end scared my mom!!!LOL. After this it was close to 4:30, so we headed too the line for Soarin over California. While in line, I called Disney Dining and made reservation for 5:30 for Granville's Steakhouse. Its funny how they dont know Iam a kid. After riding Soarin over California, We were in the first row again!!!!!, but in the right section, we went too Granville's. It stopped raining, Thank God. We arrived early so we just sat there and waited. There was this guy at the bar that was really drunk. He left but stopped bythese kids and suddenly started talking too them. Looked suspicious, but then he left. I had too go too the bathroom, so I went up these steps too go but they were closed. So I told the hostess if there was any other bathrooms in the building and she pointed me right around the corner from the closed bathrooms. Its funny how close the bathrooms are. Anyways.... The food at Granville's is DELICIOUS!!!. I totally recommend it too anyone. I got the filet and so did my mom. My dad got the steak. It was all good. When they brought out my moms soup, It came in a big bowl but there was only like a tablespoon of soup. We all started laughing because we thought that was her soup. It turned out the the soup was in a cup and they just poured it in. For desert, I had a scoop of ice cream. They even make a regular scoop of ice cream look all nice. It had M&M's in the plate and a Mickey Mouse Chocolate on top. Most restaurant just serve it too you in a cup. I have a picture of it. Anyways... We had a great dinner. We left too go get the dress we left at Anne Geddes. We then went too the World of Disney store and I got a shirt, a album for our photos, and a book called Disneyland: Then, Now, and Forever. Great Book!!!! After that we took the tram back too our car. After have the !!!MOST MAGICAL VACATION EVER!!!!, it was time too go home.:crying:

My Tips
1) Take advantage of Early Entry. You can get a lot of rides done.
2) If you are using valet at a hotel, On the last day of your visit, take your car too the parking structure. This way, you wont have too take the crowded bus back too the hotel.
3) Eat at Granville's!!!!!!
4) Try too be a Disney Visa Member. It has its advantages too.
5) If you booked your vacation through the WDTC and payed it all with your Disney Visa, Call the WDTC and tell them if you still get you tote bag and parade viewing things. They wont know unless you call them, or you booked through the phone.

anniedg
04-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Glad you had such a great time! I'm hoping I'll get to the 50th movie with Steve Martin, everybody says it's great, but it's not looking good for me making it :crying:
Thanks for the report!

neffyh
04-18-2006, 03:04 PM
uhh, I hope you make it in time.

Well.... Here are my photos if anyone cares, http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=549594147&security=FuULuH'

The old man
04-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Too, to?

SeansMom
04-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the trip report. Sounds like you had a really nice time!

lobotomomma
04-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Enjoyed your trip report, Neffyh!! Thanks for sharing your pics, too!

Frogberto
04-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Great report, even if a little hard to read due to the misspellings and grammatical mistakes (sorry, but true). However, the tips and the experience are really spot on, and the pictures were fantastic. You did a lot in a few days, and thank you for sharing with us!

anniedg
04-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Thanks for posting the fun pics!

neffyh
04-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Yeah.....Srry. I was in a hurry. I was making sure I got everything before my computer freezes. I always get messed up on 'to or too':rolleyes: I dont think you can edit it after the edit button on the bottom of the post is gone though.

TrueRomance
04-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Thanks for posting your report and the pictures. They were great. So glad that you and your parents had a good time.

Now looking forward even more to my trip back there in 2 weeks.

yellowrosedtxn
04-19-2006, 04:15 AM
First, thank you for writing your trip report.

Second, I called Walt Disney Travel Company and they told me I could not get the tote or the parade viewing because I got a package through AAA. I won't complain though, I got a great rate using my AAA card.

I will make sure I go to the 50th movie, I didn't get to see it last year so I want to make sure we take time to actually sit down and see the show!

neffyh
04-19-2006, 07:07 PM
First, thank you for writing your trip report.

Second, I called Walt Disney Travel Company and they told me I could not get the tote or the parade viewing because I got a package through AAA. I won't complain though, I got a great rate using my AAA card.

I will make sure I go to the 50th movie, I didn't get to see it last year so I want to make sure we take time to actually sit down and see the show!
Yeah Sorry!!!.....You have too book through the WDTC like it says above.

cfrith
04-20-2006, 06:10 AM
My 4 yr old loved the pictures...especially the ice cream with Mickey on top! :D The Anne Geddes store sounds cool...what kinds of things do they sell? Baby dolls and doll clothes?

neffyh
04-20-2006, 03:01 PM
My 4 yr old loved the pictures...especially the ice cream with Mickey on top! :D The Anne Geddes store sounds cool...what kinds of things do they sell? Baby dolls and doll clothes?
Glad too know that you 4 yr old loved the pictures. The Anne Geddes store sells clothes for babys and probably toddlers. The clothes, like I mentioned, is expensive. The dress we bought for my cousin was $60. We're going too buy her some shoes from Italian Leather there too. They cost $80. The clothes there is very cute. Check out the site... www.annegeddes.com
They also sell her clothes on amazon. The dolls that they sell are $225!!!:eek:, but man.....are they lifelike. They look so real.

I Heart Disneyland!
04-20-2006, 03:35 PM
The Anne Geddes babies creep me OUT!

Loved the other photos!! :) Thanks for the great report!

The old man
04-20-2006, 04:02 PM
...I always get messed up on 'to or too':rolleyes:
Very easy--any place you put a "too" substitute the word "also". If it still reads correctly than you are using the word "too" correctly. If not, change it to "to". "Too" means "also" or "more than enough".
David

neffyh
04-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Thanks!!!;)

AztecWolverine
04-29-2006, 03:55 AM
Thanks for taking the time to write such an extensive trip report!

I did not understand this part:
" 5) If you booked your vacation through the WDTC and payed it all with your Disney Visa, Call the WDTC and tell them if you still get you tote bag and parade viewing things. They wont know unless you call them, or you booked through the phone."

Could you write it more clearly and explain it better? Thanks! I just couldn't understand it as written....

Also, "their" is a possessive -- their books, etc. But Mickey is standing over "there".....

neffyh
05-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Basically..... I said that if you book throught the WDTC and you used your Disney Visa, Call them and ask them about the Tote bag and Parade viewing. These are special things you get when you use your Disney Visa to book you package.

Raven
05-04-2006, 07:10 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing!

The Mickey ice cream was great!