PDA

View Full Version : Disney Character Warehouse

Pages : [1] 2

CaptainHook15
04-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Has anyone been there lately? My better half and I are coming down to Disneyland this weekend and are trying to figure out if we should schedule time to swing by. Neither of us have been there before.

Any info you guys can give would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance!

Malcon10t
04-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Has anyone been there lately? My better half and I are coming down to Disneyland this weekend and are trying to figure out if we should schedule time to swing by. Neither of us have been there before.

Any info you guys can give would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance!
We went a week ago SUnday, and were a little disappointed in the lack of merchandise. However, I still spent $100.

richas
04-17-2006, 03:36 PM
I go to the Warehouse every visit to the park -- 3 or 4 times a year. Sometimes they have great stuff, sometimes not. But I always enjoy going thee just to check it out. Several weeks ago, they had some cool Narnia stuff.

mckygirl99
04-17-2006, 03:43 PM
I went Saturday and they did not have much at all that I would buy. I have been going to these warehouses since the late 1990's (before they had their permanent local) and the last couple of times were very disappointing. Maybe you will have better luck though!

tod
04-17-2006, 03:52 PM
I got an e-mail saying they had a new shipment as of the first. Either it's been picked over pretty well or it wasn't that good to begin with.

--t

cstephens
04-17-2006, 05:04 PM
I dropped by on Friday and didn't find anything I wanted, but there were a few things there I'd already purchased previously from the park. There's no way to know whether or not any particular person will find something they want there - it really depends on what each person is looking for.

CaptainHook15
04-17-2006, 05:25 PM
So, would I be correct in saying that we SHOULD stop by, but not hold our breath for some amazing find?

Or might we be better served spending quality time elsewhere? Namely the parks themselves?

My better half hasn't been to DL since '97, so I would really like to make the most of our time at Disney. We get there Friday afternoonish and leave Sunday afternoon. We got 3 day PH passes, so we can come and go as we please the whole time we are down there. But I just really dont want to waste time.

Any thoughts?

tod
04-17-2006, 05:59 PM
So, would I be correct in saying that we SHOULD stop by, but not hold our breath for some amazing find?

Or might we be better served spending quality time elsewhere? Namely the parks themselves?

My better half hasn't been to DL since '97, so I would really like to make the most of our time at Disney. We get there Friday afternoonish and leave Sunday afternoon. We got 3 day PH passes, so we can come and go as we please the whole time we are down there. But I just really dont want to waste time.

Any thoughts?

Always check the Character Warehouse so you know if there's anything there you would like to have. Nothing worse than WONDering if there was something you missed.

--t

cindyland
04-17-2006, 07:20 PM
We went about two weeks ago.

Bought:
Men's Grumpy Sweatshirt
Men's 50th Anniversary Black Fleece sweatshirt
Two Girls' Tinker Bell sweatshirts
Girl's Tinker Bell shirt
2005 magnet, little toys, etc.

Loved the girls' sweatshirts. Since we don't even have a Disney store nearby, I'm always thrilled with the warehouse! And the coupon helps.:fez:

chrisaustx
04-17-2006, 10:01 PM
I went two weeks ago and bought some great things. It appears Disneyland sends over lots of Small sized items. If you have someone who wears a small, they will love that store. I believe that Ebay is the primary source for Disneyland to dump merchandise, and the Character Warehouse gets the left overs.

Gone2Disneyland
04-17-2006, 10:03 PM
I went on Saturday after getting that email about a new shipment from them. I bought two button-down shirts with embroidered Mickeys on the pockets that I'd seen at the World of Disney store for $44 discounted to $29. I bought a maroon one for me and a navy one as a very early Christmas present for my bro. There were some basic but great looking embroidered jerseys and hooded pullovers with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, etc., in the collegiate style lettering on the front, but I didn't have anyone in my family or friends that I'd know who'd like 'em (I've got enough stuff for me :) ). There were suede Disneyland Resort jackets, kinda Members Only style, for like $30 that I would've gotten for my bro for Christmas, but they were all mostly small.

If you don't mind the side trip, then go. This was probably my fifth trip in six months, but the first time I ever bought anything.

potzbie
04-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Like any second hand store, the attractive items will be few.

Unlike second hand stores, the clothes were never worn (I assume; maybe they were returned).

But all you need is one bargain to make it worth your while.

Ya wanna sweatshirt?
Ya wanna golf shirt or polo shirt?

Zillions! "To Infinity And Beyond!"

I will never forget the Stitch-as-Santa-Claus.
So many!
What were they thinking?!?

Malcon10t
04-18-2006, 07:20 AM
I went two weeks ago and bought some great things. It appears Disneyland sends over lots of Small sized items. If you have someone who wears a small, they will love that store. I believe that Ebay is the primary source for Disneyland to dump merchandise, and the Character Warehouse gets the left overs.It used to be, and I loved it. But they have stopped. I only wish they still used eBay.

amarvel
04-18-2006, 07:52 AM
We went a week ago SUnday, and were a little disappointed in the lack of merchandise. However, I still spent $100.

we went that same day and i felt the same, but yeah our party also still managed to spend about $75 :)

yngjedi
04-18-2006, 09:20 AM
well if anyone sees any new stitch stuff there buy it for me.:p i love stopping there anytime i go to disneyland. i always fill up a basket with all the stitch stuff they usualy have

CaptainHook15
04-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the insight guys. We have decided to stop by and see what's there.

When I get back I will let you know if I stumbled across anything of note.

Thanks! :D

Another Dimension
04-18-2006, 11:09 AM
$1.99 California Screamin' and $2.99 Tower of Terror/"Condemned" shot glasses made it well worth my while last time.

I'm bummed I missed the Tower of Terror towels they had and sold out of, that a friend of mine scored a few days before.

It seems at times that Disney allows too many Character Warehouses to operate... permanent and temporary locations ...and it seriously dilutes a lot of the great merch the Fullerton outlet (and the Company D CM Only stores) have been getting for a few years now.
Both locations used to rock(!) under the TDA Merch Regime.... a few years ago. Or maybe it's AMS Liquidations fault where the good and the meh! stuff goes.

A few years ago the Fullerton store still had tons of 'year old' and 'year of...' Grad Night and New Years merch well after their worthy seasons... yet at the exact same time the near-Seattle Character Warehouse had tons of cool California Screamin' and Soarin' over California merch (and a lot of SSL merch - for those so inclined :eek: ), some of which I never even saw at DCA.

Yet I couldn't find anything good from either attraction at the Fullerton outlet... and a CM friend and I used to go weekly to the Character Warehouse and Company D (near Disneyland) after our Friday lunch on the way to DL. We usually found some decent stuff weekly at each location... but all that great discounted Cali and Soarin' merch was sent to all the way to Washington. :confused:

Thankfully I ended up getting some of that cool merch from somebudy I used to know in Wa. :~D

With the customer traffic the Fullerton location gets from Disneyland out of town tourists, regular Guests and the massive number of locals who are Disney and Disneyland fans in this area...
I think the Fullerton location should get as much of the liquidated merch from the DLR as possible and whatever doesn't sell there over a short time should be shipped off to all the satellite/temporary Character Warehouses. :cool:

Tinker Bell
04-18-2006, 11:32 AM
I recived this email on the 14th. I also got one on 3/28/06.

Disney’s Character Warehouse wants to thank you for shopping at our store at the Orangefair Marketplace.

We have just received a new shipment of Disney merchandise. As an added bonus for signing our email list, we would like to give you an additional 10% off your purchase!

Please print out this email and bring it to the store with you to receive your 10% discount! We hope that you have enjoyed shopping with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Disney’s Character Warehouse Outlet Store
243 Orangefair Mall
Fullerton, CA 92832
(714) 870-9363

http://www.ams-liquidation.com

Need driving directions? Try www.mapquest.com or www.mapblast.com

=================================

SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES:

While visiting our website, click on Stores to determine if any of our warehouse sales currently open are near you.

http://www.ams-liquidation.com/stores.htm

If you have any questions, concerns, or have a mailing list request please visit the following link.

http://www.ams-liquidation.com/contact_us.htm

or mail us at:

Asset Management & Sales, LLC
6114 Lickton Pike
Goodlettsville, TN 37072

=================================

Who is AMS?
AMS/Disneys Character Warehouse Outlet Stores are solely operated by Asset Management and Sales, LLC (AMS) a Limited Liability Company. AMS is not affiliated with the Disneyland Resorts., The Disney Stores, Disney Catalog, Disney Direct, Disney Sports Enterprise, The Walt Disney Company, or any of their affiliated companies.

The merchandise offered for sale in our stores is the same merchandise that was formerly available at the Disneyland Resort.. The great values are available because this merchandise has been discontinued.

Merchandise assortments will vary from location to location, and each store may have local price initiatives, such as Manager Specials, that may not be available at all locations.

We hope you truly enjoy the shopping experience and the values available on the merchandise at out stores.

1996-2006 AMS All rights reserved

mckygirl99
04-18-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm bummed I missed the Tower of Terror towels they had and sold out of, that a friend of mine scored a few days before.They had some on Saturday, along with matching slippers if you are looking for the HTH towels.

Another Dimension
04-18-2006, 04:55 PM
They had some on Saturday, along with matching slippers if you are looking for the HTH towels.

Cool! Thank you for the info.

They must have gotten more in recently or they were just sold out on the floor the day i visited. Thanks again.. :D

goober7011
04-21-2006, 09:09 PM
I was there on tuesday and i thought the selection was fairly decent. I saw a sweatshirt that i bought last october that was $55 but now $29, so that got me kinda sad;)
But i found the greatest thing ever, I bought an indiana jones leather hat that i've wanted forever for $15:D
I can't wait till the new store in tracy opens next friday

cindyland
04-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Where? how long will it be open?

I can't get down there until 5/19...

thanks.

Malcon10t
04-24-2006, 06:55 AM
Where? how long will it be open?

I can't get down there until 5/19...

thanks.
Prime Outlets in Tracy. Left hand side of 205 if you are headed west. They claim to be open 4/28-6/18, but last time they were there, they closed early.

Disneyluvr
04-24-2006, 11:28 AM
It used to be, and I loved it. But they have stopped. I only wish they still used eBay.
I always found GREAT deals at the Disney outlet on Ebay. What happened to it anyway? Did they shut it down when TCP took over the Disney Store?

Malcon10t
04-24-2006, 12:13 PM
I always found GREAT deals at the Disney outlet on Ebay. What happened to it anyway? Did they shut it down when TCP took over the Disney Store?They said they were incorporating it into Disney Shopping. I havent found half the stuff they used to have. I am so disappointed in the new "outlet" part of Disney Shopping.