PDA

View Full Version : Is it really true about Fantasmic? [no shows during Pirates event]

daisy4me
04-15-2006, 08:47 PM
I just read somewhere that there will be no Fantasmic show June 19th through June 28th due to the set up of the premier of POTC DMC:mad:
Is this really true does anyone else know any info. We will be there June 21st -26th and we were so looking forward to seeing Fantasmic. If you know anything about this please let me know. Did they close it that long for the last premier???:confused: :confused: :confused:

chrisaustx
04-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Yes probabbly is true, seating and movie screens must go up for Pirates, so no Fantasmic!

Another Dimension
04-16-2006, 02:11 AM
Double unfortunately.. it's true.

Double because there is no F! and there is also no F! to be seen from the cool seating vantage point that sitting in the 'theater bleachers' for the PotC 2 Premiere would provide.
I think it would be totally awesome to see F! from the bleachers.. and in actual stadium seating at Disneyland... once. :eek:

Alex S.
04-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Yeah, it is true. The bleachers take time to set up and then they have to undergo certain regulatory inspections and sign-offs which is why they can't just throw them up overnight.

The movie screen for the screening is set up on what is the stage for Fantasmic, so once that construction begins, even if viewing were possible it would be physically impossible to perform the show. You can also expect that once construction begins on the screen that Tom Sawyer Island will either close completely or have significant portions of it roped off.

kimmybear
04-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah, it is true. The bleachers take time to set up and then they have to undergo certain regulatory inspections and sign-offs which is why they can't just throw them up overnight.

The movie screen for the screening is set up on what is the stage for Fantasmic, so once that construction begins, even if viewing were possible it would be physically impossible to perform the show. You can also expect that once construction begins on the screen that Tom Sawyer Island will either close completely or have significant portions of it roped off.

do you think that all the bleachers will be gone on the 25th, the day after the premiere?

Alex S.
04-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Since Fantasmic doesn't return until the 28th I would assume that it will take a few days, though they come down much quicker than they go up.

Darkbeer
04-17-2006, 10:48 AM
I understand that most of the bleachers will be removed the night of June 25th, to open up the pathways for the Pirates extended queue that will be needed for the public opening on Monday the 26th.

Things like the screen on the Fantasmic Stage will take a bit longer.

simbaNnala101
04-17-2006, 11:06 AM
I am going to be there from june 20th untill the 27th with a friend who has never been there before when I looked on the disneyland web site it said fantasmic showings on the 28th but no time before as soon as june 15th so are we sure that they are only closing it down from the 21st untill the 28th or are they closing it sooner. b/c the web site does not say I have tryed to call however the lines have been busy dose any one have any information that can help me.

~Ash~

Darkbeer
04-17-2006, 12:11 PM
I am going to be there from june 20th untill the 27th with a friend who has never been there before when I looked on the disneyland web site it said fantasmic showings on the 28th but no time before as soon as june 15th so are we sure that they are only closing it down from the 21st untill the 28th or are they closing it sooner. b/c the web site does not say I have tryed to call however the lines have been busy dose any one have any information that can help me.

~Ash~

There are no Fantasmic! on the 14th and 15th due to Grad Nites and the park closing at 9 PM, last time I checked, there was Fantasmic! on Friday June 16th, then the show goes dark from the 17th thru the 27th, and returns for shows on June 28th.