PDA

View Full Version : All eight Subs are out in the open, and Rock*It Mountain is confirmed

Pages : [1] 2

Darkbeer
04-13-2006, 08:15 PM
On the way to take photos of the Subs today, on the Monorail going into the park, the Driver mentioned the upcoming changes to Pirates, PLUS the fact that there would be a new Night Time attraction at Space Mountain (he did not use the term Rock*It Mountain), but it is the first time I heard a Disneyland CM talk about the attraction in a public forum (using the Monorail Microphone going to all the cars). So I would PRESUME that both attractions will be available to the public on June 26th.

Also, it looks like the change in drop sequence will NOT happen to ToT in 2006, but more than likely will be offered in 2007, when Finding Nemo and the new Monorails open in May.

As for the photos, here is a look at all eight subs from this afternoon....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1363561

Darkbeer
04-13-2006, 08:35 PM
Let me add one comment. If you look how they placed the Subs in the Loading area, and the side spurs, the one sub that was placed near the new show building (between the new building and the cavern), it should remain there for about a week for testing new effects, then moved to the third loading dock location (now empty) prior to the water being pumped out of the lagoon. The Subs will remain in the Loading area and Side Spurs for the rest of the year, while they continue to make changes to the lagoon (once again dry) both in the now empty caverns, and the Main lagoon area (including placing the new guiderail).

Wendi
04-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the update Darkbeer. I can't wait to ride Rock*It Mountain, and I'm even looking forward to the subs although I was never a fan of them before. Max is so into Nemo that I'm sure it's gonna be a winner for him...

Promo-Man
04-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the pictures.
After looking at them I can see that they have changed the tail fin on the subs and it looks like they have removed fuel tanks at the rear of the subs. The tanks were filled by way of a pipe nipple with a cap to the right of the tail fin so that when you looked at the sub from the dock you would not see it.

04-14-2006, 04:27 AM
It's like visiting someone in the hospital. Get well, subs!

BQ2
04-14-2006, 05:24 AM
As for the photos, here is a look at all eight subs from this afternoon....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1363561

Thannks for the photos and the update DB :fez:

BQ2

oregontraveler
04-14-2006, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the pics. So....they have filled up the lagoon for testing but will drain it later. Is that correct ?

disneyhound
04-14-2006, 07:02 AM
We got Subs!

jswtsang
04-14-2006, 07:14 AM
Perhaps I've been living in a cave, but what is Rock*it mountain? Will it be like spacemountain with different rock music or something?

Thanks!
jt

Tinkermommy
04-14-2006, 07:41 AM
Thank you for the pictures!

Even my AP-intolerant hubby, who isn't at all interested in our Disneyland addiction, saw the pictures this morning and said, "Hey! I remember those!" and stayed to look at all of them. Hmmm...might I be needing to add an additional AP this year?

Darkbeer
04-14-2006, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the pictures.
After looking at them I can see that they have changed the tail fin on the subs and it looks like they have removed fuel tanks at the rear of the subs. The tanks were filled by way of a pipe nipple with a cap to the right of the tail fin so that when you looked at the sub from the dock you would not see it.

The Subs are getting new motors, and will run on either LNG or CNG, so they will have a different type of fueling system.

Darkbeer
04-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the pics. So....they have filled up the lagoon for testing but will drain it later. Is that correct ?

Yes, Disney has stated in their internal communications that the lagoon willl be drained by April 23rd.

The primary purpose was to move the subs to the loading area, to allow easier access to the subs, plus to empty out the cavern area, to allow access to place the new sets and effects.

But since the water is in the lagoon, they decided they wanted to test some new effects, and is why the one sub is by itself near the new show building. Once the tests are finished (about one week), the sub will be moved to the last location in the loading dock area, and then the water will be drained to sllow work to continue.

Darkbeer
04-14-2006, 08:04 AM
Perhaps I've been living in a cave, but what is Rock*it mountain? Will it be like spacemountain with different rock music or something?

Thanks!
jt

Basically yes, different music, plus new lighting effects along the ride.

The first people who get to experience the new version are the Grad Nite folks in May and June.

It then should be offered to the General Public in the evening hours, starting in late June. So you would have the "traditional" version from Park Opening to sometime in the afternoon/early evening, then they will basically flip a switch, and the Rock It version will start for the rest of the evening.

Darkbeer
04-14-2006, 08:07 AM
Thank you for the pictures!

Even my AP-intolerant hubby, who isn't at all interested in our Disneyland addiction, saw the pictures this morning and said, "Hey! I remember those!" and stayed to look at all of them. Hmmm...might I be needing to add an additional AP this year?

The ride is scheduled to open in May of 2007, so maybe you don't need to buy it right away.

Al Lutz mentioned in his last update at MiceAge that soft opening might start as early as February 2007 though.... (So hope for no delays or problems during construction....)

defm22
04-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Great pictures, Thank You DarkBeer!

How exciting to see the sub's back in the lagoon again. Seeing the picture's was like being reunited with an old friend again.

It's really nice to see them slowly coming back to life. I enjoyed them as a kid and my 4 year old has been talking about them non stop since the refurbishment began, having only seen pictures of the previous attraction. We can hardly wait!

Let's just hope the next generation takes better care of them then we did.:p

tod
04-14-2006, 09:10 AM
The Subs are getting new motors, and will run on either LNG or CNG, so they will have a different type of fueling system.

Good, glad to hear that they're going to a natural-gas fuel system, better for the environment and all that, but we lose another tiny bit of Disneyland -- diesel exhaust fumes from the Submarines.

--t

ralfrick
04-14-2006, 09:11 AM
I'm curious to find if Space/Rockit Mtn. will have seperate fastpasses? Will they distribute RM FPs before SM FPs are gone? Can one use a SM FP for RM? Guess only time will tell.

Cheers.

ZeonStar
04-14-2006, 10:13 AM
How does one get a cool little countdown timer in thier signature?

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
04-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks DarkBeer, as always, great pictures.

SeansMom
04-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Great pics...
Did anybody else notice the prosthetic leg in picture #29? If you look further on, picture #58, you'll see the diver it bolongs too!

I LOVE seeing water in the lagoon...it looks so pretty. I can hardly wait! Is it too early to plan a May trip???

CamCay
04-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Oh my gosh i did not notice that and went back to look. I was expecting a prop or something but it's actually a real person! You have good attention to detail because it slid right past me.

Susan L
04-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Great pictures Darkbeer, thanks!

MrsPooh
04-14-2006, 09:31 PM
Great pics...
Did anybody else notice the prosthetic leg in picture #29? If you look further on, picture #58, you'll see the diver it bolongs too!

Oh, that is wild! I did not notice that until you pointed it out! :eek:

TowerofTerror
04-14-2006, 09:37 PM
I love the pictures DarkBeer I miss going to the park. Well hopefully I will be back next year. I Love how the The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyages is coming along.

kimmybear
04-15-2006, 10:37 PM
love the pictures! i always get excited when i see the new post of new pics! hehe! :D