PDA

View Full Version : Econo Lodge Maingate

Rteneyck
04-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Has anyone ever stayed at the econolodge Maingate? We are taking a 2 day no frills trip to Disneyland and wanted to see if anyone has ever stayed there? It is located at 871 S Harbor. I am pretty sure we would have to take the ART, but I want to make sure the place is safe and clean. Any input would be great. Thanks,

RT

Ragrobyn
04-13-2006, 02:51 PM
We were just looking at it too. Cheap! The pictures at their web site look great. We may take the chance :eek:

Stitch Lover
04-13-2006, 03:06 PM
hello. are you guys talking about the Remada(sp?) Maingate hotel? if so, i don't recommend it! my mom and i stayed there for a few nights in Dec. 2004 and we didn't like it. the room was small, the "contenital(sorry, sp) breakfast" was a joke! just a few different breads and few fruits and coffe and juice. i have seen better. we thought the same thing when we saw pictures of it online. we thought it looked like a nice hotel. but, we don't want to stay there again.

if you are talking about a different hotel, then, well you know how i feel about this hotel....:)

christina
04-13-2006, 05:21 PM
We have stayed there twice but it's been a couple of years. The rooms are very basic but seemed clean and have a frig and micro.Typical continental breakfast. (minimal)
Ask for a 2nd floor room! The 2nd time we stayed there we got stuck in the room right next to the office and we could hear them talking all day and night. The first time, the only real problem we had is that my husband is 5'10" and the shower is made for someone that is 5' 2.
Safe? questionable. We did not encounter any problems but there are a couple of cruddy motels located next door.
They are on ART so you can get the shuttle for $3 a day per person.

stan4d_steph
04-14-2006, 06:38 AM
That hotel doesn't appear to be in the MousePlanet review database. If you stay there, you should send in a review so we can add it! :)

Rteneyck
04-17-2006, 02:23 PM
I think we will brave out the econolodge. It's only for a couple of nights and we only need something really basic this time around. I will definatley write a review when I get back. Thanks for all of the input