PDA

View Full Version : Q. about the Rancho del Zocalo...

2CN
04-17-2002, 04:29 PM
I am planning a trip to Disneyland tomorrow night, and I was wondering how late this place is open? I am thinking of going to a movie at AMC then want to pop in with my friends for some Nachos if they are going to be open.

gn2dlnd
04-17-2002, 04:55 PM
Usually I find that Zocalo closes an hour or two before the Park does, although I'd call guest relations and ask.

Uncle Dick
04-17-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by 2CN
I am planning a trip to Disneyland tomorrow night, and I was wondering how late this place is open? I am thinking of going to a movie at AMC then want to pop in with my friends for some Nachos if they are going to be open.
I don't have the latest CM Reference Guide handy, but if it's anything like last week's, the Rancho will remain open until park closing.

Durliin
04-17-2002, 08:22 PM
Rancho Closes at 8 every night

LeslieluvMcky
04-17-2002, 10:00 PM
I don't know if my memory is lapsing but I thought that RDZ used to serve a quesadilla...Am I wrong?

Leslie

cstephens
04-17-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by LeslieluvMcky
I don't know if my memory is lapsing but I thought that RDZ used to serve a quesadilla...Am I wrong?

Leslie

They did use to serve a quesadilla - chicken or beef - but apparently, because they couldn't fully make them until people had ordered one or the other, it was taking too long, so rather than do the reasonable thing and only offer one, they removed the selection altogether. I've not been back to the restaurant in a very long time (I SOOOOOO miss Casa) and I've not heard that they've brought it back. Too bad. It was actually very good, their best Mexican dish, I think.

/cs

LeslieluvMcky
04-18-2002, 08:34 AM
Thanks CS!!

Leslie

LuvDisney
04-18-2002, 08:43 AM
You know I am still confused how that line is supposed to work. Help anyone?

DLfreak
04-18-2002, 08:56 AM
Well I haven't really been there when there's a lot of people...but you just kind of go in and take what you want. It's all there, and if it's not, you just ask for it. :) I really love this restaurant. Great food and good amounts for your money. :D

Uncle Dick
04-18-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by LuvDisney
You know I am still confused how that line is supposed to work. Help anyone?
It works the same way as Redd Rocket's, the Plaza Inn and Hollywood & Dine (something called "Scramble Service"). Basically, you walk in and decide which "station" you want to get food from. Each station generally contains a different type of food. You wait in line at that station, get your grub, and then proceed to the "beverage" station where you can get something to drink. Finally, you head to the checkout counters and pay. If you're still confused, be sure to ask the Cast Member at the entrance to the restaurant. There's always someone there and they're usually pretty good about explaining things.

Matterhorn Fan
04-18-2002, 10:16 AM
LuvDisney--If you're referring to the signs over the Mexican station that may or may not tell you to get in a different line depending on whether you want tacos or burritos (or whatever they say), they seem to be constantly changing their minds on that one. Ask the CM who always seems to be working right there specifically to answer that question.

cstephens
04-18-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
It works the same way as Redd Rocket's, the Plaza Inn and Hollywood & Dine (something called "Scramble Service").

Well, it's *supposed* to work the same way, but the few times I've been in there (granted the last time being a while ago), it was just plain confusing and frustrating. I've never had those problems at Pizza Port or Plaza Inn.

/cs

LuvDisney
04-18-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by cstephens

Well, it's *supposed* to work the same way, but the few times I've been in there (granted the last time being a while ago), it was just plain confusing and frustrating. I've never had those problems at Pizza Port or Plaza Inn.

/cs

That has been my experience. Also if you could give my information on the Plaza Inn. It seemed very expensive and is it only open to those going to the character breakfast in the morning? Oops, should that have been a new post?

cstephens
04-18-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by LuvDisney
Also if you could give my information on the Plaza Inn. It seemed very expensive and is it only open to those going to the character breakfast in the morning?

Well, I don't think it's expensive for what you get. It's been a while since I've been, and it was something like $15, I think. Yes, for the character breakfast (which features the 100 Acres Wood characters...and Rafiki), you have to be a paying customer to go in. For lunch and dinner, they have a regular menu, and you don't have to be a paying customer to go in, but then, there aren't any characters.

If you want more information from more people, yes, I'd suggest starting a new thread.

/cs

GoldenGriff
04-19-2002, 11:27 PM
I like going to Rancho del Zocalo as soon as it opens, then taking the food over to the Golden Horseshoe stage and watching the show. You can't beat it, the look on peoples faces when they see the food we have and they only have burgers. Then when the show is done taking the trays back and getting a free refill on the soda.